Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What's anyone's business who voted for who? More manufactured outrage from the OP. I'm gonna laugh so hard when Hillary takes the White House in 2016. RWNJ outrage is so funny and entertaining to watch
I'm not outraged that she avoided a simple question. Stop being a drama queen.

~200 Democrats in the House and Senate up for reelection and almost all of them are avoiding being seen or associated with Obama. Even in relatively blue Michigan Gary Peters is campaigning that he is willing to oppose Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 05:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
What's anyone's business who voted for who? More manufactured outrage from the OP. I'm gonna laugh so hard when Hillary takes the White House in 2016. RWNJ outrage is so funny and entertaining to watch
You don't even know who she is running against yet but you know you want her as President even though she was caught lying in the White House travel office scandal, fired from the Watergate investigation for ethics violations, and discovered to have been organizing character assassinations against the victims of her husband's sexual harassment in direct violation of the principle of not blaming the victim.

Then you want to talk about RWNJ? I don't think you have any room to be calling someone else a political nutjob.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
The same thing happened in 2006 and 2008, Republicans ran away from Bush in droves. It happens every time the sitting president is down in numbers.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You don't even know who she is running against yet but you know you want her as President even though she was caught lying in the White House travel office scandal, fired from the Watergate investigation for ethics violations, and discovered to have been organizing character assassinations against the victims of her husband's sexual harassment in direct violation of the principle of not blaming the victim.

Then you want to talk about RWNJ? I don't think you have any room to be calling someone else a political nutjob.
Worth repeating.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
no he didnt.

its pretty clear this isnt about bammer. its about this person running who cant even answer the simple question.

geez.
The very argument is about How President Obama's approval ratings/election math affects down ballot Democrats.

You are wrong by the very basis of this thread.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I'm not outraged that she avoided a simple question. Stop being a drama queen.

~200 Democrats in the House and Senate up for reelection and almost all of them are avoiding being seen or associated with Obama. Even in relatively blue Michigan Gary Peters is campaigning that he is willing to oppose Obama.
You Watch politics enough to know Michigan is not nearly as blue as your comment tries to make it seem. Michigan currently has a Republican Governor and Legislature.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's one of the foundations of our system that we have a secret ballot. Simply as a matter of principle I wouldn't disclose who I voted for when questioned about it. It's just no one's business.
Sure but if she is running to represent KY voters in the US Senate, isn't it reasonable for voters to want to know with whom she is aligned politically?

Sure she has the right to stonewall on this, but by the same token the voters of KY have the right not to vote for her over her lack of transparency. This is not an ordinary voter; this is someone who is asking to be sent to DC to vote on legislation that will regulate our lives.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You Watch politics enough to know Michigan is not nearly as blue as your comment tries to make it seem. Michigan currently has a Republican Governor and Legislature.
Last time Michigan voted red in a presidential election was 1988.

I thought you democrats say that gerrymandering is the only reason the legislature is red? And by gerrymandering you mean not splitting up urban areas like Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, etc with red areas...because Detroit will vote 90+% blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The same thing happened in 2006 and 2008, Republicans ran away from Bush in droves. It happens every time the sitting president is down in numbers.
Yes, always back to Bush.

You admit that Bush and Obama are two peas in a pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's one of the foundations of our system that we have a secret ballot. Simply as a matter of principle I wouldn't disclose who I voted for when questioned about it. It's just no one's business.
Why do Obama supporters always oppose transparency of candidates for office? Of course this politician has the right to hide her most simple and basic politics from the voters, but is that ethical?

-How dare a citizen ask an unscripted question to a man running for president! 2008 Obama with Joe the Plumber.

-How dare a reporter ask who a prospective US Senator is aligned with politically in DC! 2014 Grimes.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No citizen of the United States ever has to reveal who they voted for. For any reason, at any time, under any circumstances. That's why we have secret ballots.
If she did reveal who she voted for, her political opponents would just use the information to discredit her. A fool's move on all counts.
Tax returns are also private. Unless you're a rich Republican in which case you should disclose everything about your personal finances.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:59 PM

174 posts, read 181,604 times
Quote:

Why laugh, to see the final destruction of a great country. Do you have children? Do you care about their futures? If you did you would not laugh at the fact that someone who wrote a thesis on the Marxist Saul Alinsky most likely has a leftist agenda of destruction.

It's baffling to see all of the selfish people out there laughing about what's happening to America. There is no way these people have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies