Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 08:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Oh cmon. What damage? What suffering? Are you for real?
Yes, my narrow minded friend, it is for real:
Sexual Abuse of Boys v Girls - Sasian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 08:28 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The feminists don't mind if an underaged boy is raped.
If a boy is raped, this is a different story. This boy consented to it. Believe it or not, the age of reason is around 7 or 8 years old. I'm not advocating for that at all, but I am saying that maybe 15 or 16 can be the age of consent for males.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:31 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If a boy is raped, this is a different story. This boy consented to it. Believe it or not, the age of reason is around 7 or 8 years old. I'm not advocating for that at all, but I am saying that maybe 15 or 16 can be the age of consent for males.
Why just males? It is a generally excepted fact that girls mature faster then boys. What should be the female age of consent be? 14 or 15?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:35 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yet we have people saying it's ok for 12 year olds to have sex if we give them condoms and sex education in school.

You can't have it both ways.

That 24 year old teacher is a product of our current K-12 education where having sex is no big deal.
I'm not asking for it both ways.

If two 12 year olds are having sex, using protection is just common sense, knowing why they need it and how to use it is as important as providing it, not much point in giving someone a condom if they put it on their left foot thinking they're wearing protection, or they do not understand the consequences. Not providing the tools necessary to avoid the consequences will not prevent the participants from experimenting if they don't know any better.

If a 16 year old is getting it on with their 32 year old teacher, then it's an entirely different situation both from age and authority.

My personal opinion is under 14 then consent cannot be given

14-18 consent can only be given to persons up to two years older than the younger (so maximum 16 for a 14 year old, and maximum 19 for a 17 year old).

18+ consent can be given to any age.

As far as the 24 year old teacher, clearly she's a moron if she does not understand the minimum age of consent, and that sexual relations between teachers and students is strictly verboten, and I could not care less that she is a product of anything, it's written down in statute and code of conduct, I expect that as a teacher she can read regardless of whether or not she chooses to be a cart ponygirl (or anything else) in her spare time.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
I think we're just being honest. Two hot twenty something teachers giving a three some 16 yo kid - that's not a crime, that's a dream come through. I am saying this as a father of a teenage boy.
What if you were the father of a teenage girl and the same thing happened?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Why just males? It is a generally excepted fact that girls mature faster then boys. What should be the female age of consent be? 14 or 15?
Double standard I guess.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:42 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
It's definitely a double standard & its appalling.
I met my husband when I was 16.
He was 29....
Looking back I realize I was still a kid in so many ways....
Although I enjoyed the sex immensely (and all of his experience, lol)
We were not matched up in the maturity department....
(and I was always way more mature than others my own age)

This kid- even if he enjoyed it- is still a kid.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:57 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
See I find it totally amusing that everyone's kinda laughing this off--
Yet if it was 2 male teachers having sex w/ a 16 year old girl.....
There would be Hell to pay.
I just saw in the news in Indianapolis a 27 yr. old male teacher was
arrested for just drinking w/ his former female students.....
Men seem to get the book thrown at them way harder than women
when it comes down to this & thats disturbing.

You are absolutely 100,000% correct, but that's how society views this. Its a big pat on the back and an atta boy for the male student, and the female student is a "victim" who had her innocence "stolen" from her by a predator. This is one of the most blatant examples of a double standard in our society, yet time and time again we give the female teachers a pass. Their punishments are not nearly as harsh as their male counterparts.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:05 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
It's more than the age difference, the adult/minor sex laws. This also involves adults in a position of authority over minors having sex with the minors. If these two teachers were men and the student was a girl then the two adult male teachers would be thrown to the wolves. As adults, authority figures, college degree, and workplace training all show that these two teachers should have known better. While some states make 16 legal age of consent, there's usually exceptions made in the law when it involves an adult in a position of authority over the minor. The reason is predators work to put themselves in such positions of authority to gain trust and access to these minors and manipulate them.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It's more than the age difference, the adult/minor sex laws. This also involves adults in a position of authority over minors having sex with the minors. If these two teachers were men and the student was a girl then the two adult male teachers would be thrown to the wolves. As adults, authority figures, college degree, and workplace training all show that these two teachers should have known better. While some states make 16 legal age of consent, there's usually exceptions made in the law when it involves an adult in a position of authority over the minor. The reason is predators work to put themselves in such positions of authority to gain trust and access to these minors and manipulate them.
Well maybe K-12 sex education needs to do more .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies