Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times

Advertisements

'Before you line your kids up to have this year’s flu vaccine sprayed up their noses or injected into their arms, consider the fact that in Europe, children developed incurable debilitating narcolepsy after receiving injections from a drug developed by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).

But it’s okay – they have created a miracle treatment that costs the child’s family only a bit over $20,000 per year…forever.

More than 800 children across Europe have been diagnosed with this lifelong neurological disorder and the evidence is overwhelming in the implication of the vaccine.

Big Pharma Gives Another Child Narcolepsy via the Swine Flu Vax, Then Cures It with a New Miracle Drug That Costs Over $20K per Year | The Daily Sheeple

Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
Talk about stupidity in that article. I can't believe anyone with a room temp IQ in the winter can swollow that crap.

Protiens in the swine flu virus have similiar structures to what causes narcolepsy. People who fight off the H1N1 virus, including the vaccine, with a specific type of cell (CD4) can very rarely develop narcolepsy. It was completely unknown before the virius mutated to that form. This vaccine was pulled immediately when the issue became clear, and new vaccines have not had this issue at all.

The only thing it shows is that humanity has a long way to go in order to understand the brain and the autoimmune system. I think GSK should pay for the mistake, but it wasn't intentional or part of an evil conspiracy. We are human trying to stop people from dying, get used to it.

16,911 people died from H1N1 in 2009...either scientists get screamed at for not helping find something to prevent it, or from causing a very small number of people of living an adverse reaction no one had any idea could even possibly happen. Screwed if you do, and screwed if you don't, I would rather be screamed at by people who are still alive to do so.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
It's ok, just a few innocent victims. Who cares about them. The flu vaccine is safe now. /sarcasm

Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It's ok, just a few innocent victims. Who cares about them. The flu vaccine is safe now. /sarcasm
There are always complications that happen with medical treatment, even vaccines. Grow up.

Flu vaccines prevent half the deaths from flu in the over 65 crowd, and 25% of the hospitalizations. It also dropped infections of children by half (and related complications, including death). Even normal health adults can see an infection rate reduced by 3/4's. Vaccines for health care workers vastly reduced infections among their patients by 87%. The flu vaccine itself has a complication rate of .01% from mild to severe.

Flu itself is the 7th leading cause of death in the US with 41,000 deaths in 2008.

Medicine will never be perfect, but compared to the alternative it's night and day. These complications are tragedies, not conspiracies.

Do you drive? Driving has a much higher accident and death rate than vaccines. They kill over 32,000 people a year, and injure over 2 million a year. The CDC accounts for 500 deaths and serious complications remotely related to the flu vaccine since it's inception. If you want to get rid of vaccines for a couple innocent victims...why not get rid of cars that have many times that?

That seems like you don't care who dies or is hurt, you are just afraid of the vaccine out of ignorance.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Can't rep you again, so I'll just say good for you. Keep fighting the good fight!

Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I'm going to take a page from the gunlovers playbook.
"Cars kill more people than guns!
Lets outlaw cars!"

Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
There are always complications that happen with medical treatment, even vaccines. Grow up.

Flu vaccines prevent half the deaths from flu in the over 65 crowd, and 25% of the hospitalizations. It also dropped infections of children by half (and related complications, including death). Even normal health adults can see an infection rate reduced by 3/4's. Vaccines for health care workers vastly reduced infections among their patients by 87%. The flu vaccine itself has a complication rate of .01% from mild to severe.

Flu itself is the 7th leading cause of death in the US with 41,000 deaths in 2008.

Medicine will never be perfect, but compared to the alternative it's night and day. These complications are tragedies, not conspiracies.

Do you drive? Driving has a much higher accident and death rate than vaccines. They kill over 32,000 people a year, and injure over 2 million a year. The CDC accounts for 500 deaths and serious complications remotely related to the flu vaccine since it's inception. If you want to get rid of vaccines for a couple innocent victims...why not get rid of cars that have many times that?

That seems like you don't care who dies or is hurt, you are just afraid of the vaccine out of ignorance.
I am grown up. I acknowledge that medicine and vaccines are not 100% safe. I also acknowledge that sometimes people get sick and sometimes people die. I don't pretend that vaccines and other drugs are a cure all and don't have complications. Calling people "stupid" or "conspiracy theorists" simply for making note of serious complications is not very grown up. Do you not care about those who were hurt from the vaccine? Just collateral damage I suppose? No big deal?

I take my chances when I drive and I also take my chances with the flu. I also drive carefully and I take care of my immune system so that if I do contract the flu, I can fight it off. You think that I am afraid of the flu shot and I think that you are afraid of the flu.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I am grown up. I acknowledge that medicine and vaccines are not 100% safe. I also acknowledge that sometimes people get sick and sometimes people die. I don't pretend that vaccines and other drugs are a cure all and don't have complications. Calling people "stupid" or "conspiracy theorists" simply for making note of serious complications is not very grown up. Do you not care about those who were hurt from the vaccine? Just collateral damage I suppose? No big deal?
Where did I say I never cared for victims, even after saying when people are injured getting treatment it is a tragedy?

To me it is a big deal, and it is not just pointing out serious complications. The OP's website is "The Daily Sheeple," full of conspiracy theories, insanity, and delusion. Backing him up is backing up what he is pushing as well, the conspiracies by the doctors/FDA/pharm companies they tout. As well as abolishing those evil vaccines, allowing the damage of old diseases thought erradicated to come back.

It's one thing to agree with the basics, or the news article behind it, but another to lend support to the tin foil crowd.

It's also another to point out just the people who have complications without contrasting it with the benefits. It gives a one sided argument, not a balanced one, which everyone should know better about. Being knowledgable about the situations is taking both the good and the bad and building a real view of the world. I care about both the people saved and hurt...but I don't try to ignore the 9,999 people that go on with their lives for every 1 person who has a complication.

Quote:
I take my chances when I drive and I also take my chances with the flu. I also drive carefully and I take care of my immune system so that if I do contract the flu, I can fight it off. You think that I am afraid of the flu shot and I think that you are afraid of the flu.
Not really...but I would enjoy the week of muscle aches, sneezing, coughing, fever, and chills as much as anyone would.

I am afriad of those I would expose it to as I work in a medical facilitiy. Being around patients with compromised immune systems, the elderly, children, and those recovering from illness and their care givers. Would you like it if I came in coming down with the flu when your elderly relatives were getting treatment, or your children, or you?

Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Where did I say I never cared for victims, even after saying when people are injured getting treatment it is a tragedy?

To me it is a big deal, and it is not just pointing out serious complications. The OP's website is "The Daily Sheeple," full of conspiracy theories, insanity, and delusion. Backing him up is backing up what he is pushing as well, the conspiracies by the doctors/FDA/pharm companies they tout. As well as abolishing those evil vaccines, allowing the damage of old diseases thought erradicated to come back.

It's one thing to agree with the basics, or the news article behind it, but another to lend support to the tin foil crowd.

It's also another to point out just the people who have complications without contrasting it with the benefits. It gives a one sided argument, not a balanced one, which everyone should know better about. Being knowledgable about the situations is taking both the good and the bad and building a real view of the world. I care about both the people saved and hurt...but I don't try to ignore the 9,999 people that go on with their lives for every 1 person who has a complication.

Not really...but I would enjoy the week of muscle aches, sneezing, coughing, fever, and chills as much as anyone would.

I am afriad of those I would expose it to as I work in a medical facilitiy. Being around patients with compromised immune systems, the elderly, children, and those recovering from illness and their care givers. Would you like it if I came in coming down with the flu when your elderly relatives were getting treatment, or your children, or you?
I am not one to turn my nose up at a website because it has information that deviates from the mainstream. I don't find the mainstream news to be particularly trustworthy. I can read all of it, both mainstream and "conspiracy stuff" and then draw my own conclusions. I think that sometimes there is truth to some of the "conspiracy theories" so I'm not one to just automatically dismiss things because they come from a "conspiracy website". I am a logical person with critical thinking skills and I am capable of deciding for myself what makes sense and what does not.

I don't find the science backing the flu shot to be very convincing so for me it's not worth getting. I have had the flu before and it was a miserable experience but my preference for prevention is to take care of my immune system as best as possible and wash my hands a lot. Other people choose the vaccine, good for them but that does not mean that I have to get one just because others feel that is the best thing to do.

I just seem to run into people who will overstate the benefits of the vaccine and ignore any possibility of complications. That was the reason for my initial sarcastic comment.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'd still rather have big Pharma than no Pharma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies