Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Depends on who the GOP runs, trot out one of your TP'ers and the voters will prove once again how ignorant Republicans really are.
Deflection noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I don't understand the question.

I despise the Clintons and have said so many times, but what's your point? The House will probably be Republican until there is another Republican pres. as awful as Bush. Are the Democrats not supposed to nominate anybody?

Bill Clinton did very well with a Republican Congress, iirc.
What's my point? Do you really have to ask?

Barack Obama is a worthless leader, due in part to his refusal to compromise with the GOP. Are you saying you think Hillary Clinton will compromise with the GOP? If so, what about that is particularly attractive to liberals and Democrats?

The House will remain in GOP control and it will obstruct Hillary's Agenda just as it has Obama's Agenda. Are you so comfortable with that that you would mindlessly promote Hillary Clinton?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Demographic trends pretty much preclude the House from being GOP controlled that long.
Clearly you are not up to speed on the latest in political analytics. Try again.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:33 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What's my point? Do you really have to ask?

Barack Obama is a worthless leader, due in part to his refusal to compromise with the GOP. Are you saying you think Hillary Clinton will compromise with the GOP? If so, what about that is particularly attractive to liberals and Democrats?

The House will remain in GOP control and it will obstruct Hillary's Agenda just as it has Obama's Agenda. Are you so comfortable with that that you would mindlessly promote Hillary Clinton?

When did the GOP ever compromise with Obama?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:40 PM

What's unbelievable (not really) to me is that some Democrats and liberals on this thread are all of a sudden happy with divided government and checks and balances after 6 years of telling us how obstructionist the GOP-controlled House is!

How do you folks look at yourselves in the mirror each morning?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Deflection noted.
No deflection at all. YOU made a statement/assumption concerning Hillary, I simply pointed out Hillary is not a shoe in to the Whitehouse but that it depends on who the GOP runs against her. You just did not like hearing the truth, not a thing that I can or would do to change that

Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
What's unbelievable (not really) to me is that some Democrats and liberals on this thread are all of a sudden happy with divided government and checks and balances after 6 years of telling us how obstructionist the GOP-controlled House is!

How do you folks look at yourselves in the mirror each morning?
How do you support an obstructionist GOP controlled House then claim the answer is to make sure all branches are controlled by the GOP, Total Nonsense

Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
What's unbelievable (not really) to me is that some Republicans and conservatives on this thread are all of a sudden happy with the prospect of undivided government and skating around checks and balances after 6 years of telling us how beneficial the obstructionist... GOP-controlled House is!

My apologies to poster #25

Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When did the GOP ever compromise with Obama?
Shhhhh, you will just confuse him even more

Old 10-03-2014, 12:55 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,091 times
Is there a point to this thread? Serious question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies