Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,366,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
No Lindsey Mcfarren I did not miss the point.

My point being that these half-baked attempts at "sending a message" are nothing more than that!

Keep in mind that I lived in the People's Republic of Vermont for a time; therefore I know of what I speak.

I love Vermont, the land, the mountains, however there are areas that are overrun with wacko liberals.

One message it sends is that the government has nothing better to do than waste it's tax-payers money with these lame attempts to garner attention. And if you understand anything about Vermont's taxation issues you would get the point!
I'm sorry but having lived in Vermont doesn't do much for me when it comes to giving your words any weight. Your words are those of a disrespectful person making NO attempt to see another side to an issue.

If you think their actions haven't made an impression in the mind of our president and its true, then he really is a bigger monster then I ever thought posible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 11:43 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,248,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm sorry but having lived in Vermont doesn't do much for me when it comes to giving your words any weight. Your words are those of a disrespectful person making NO attempt to see another side to an issue.

If you think their actions haven't made an impression in the mind of our president and its true, then he really is a bigger monster then I ever thought posible.
Lindsey/Lisa whatever . . . respect is a two way street. ..

My assessment of Vermont is spot-on as I am very aware of the political climate and taxation situation. And someone basing their knowlege and or affection for a state on the fact that they want to arrest a sitting President is pretty silly IMO.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:51 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,145,312 times
Quote:

My assessment of Vermont is spot-on as I am very aware of the political climate and taxation situation. And someone basing their knowlege and or affection for a state on the fact that they want to arrest a sitting President is pretty silly IMO.
I agree, and a waste of effort just to make a silly statement.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 PM

435 posts, read 1,518,688 times
yes, such an evil empire

Maybe these peace warriors should go to Burma and try to arrest the Junta for war crimes. In between their trips to starbucks and fortunoff of course.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:52 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,870,151 times
This is simply a competition of "I can out liberal you! or Look at me Michael Moore, I'm cool like you!"

Old 12-29-2007, 01:01 PM

9,877 posts, read 10,788,675 times
What is in that maple syrup? I thought Seattle had all the nuts!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:09 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
It's the cold winters after the maple syrup is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What is in that maple syrup? I thought Seattle had all the nuts!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,536,313 times
Quote:

They're certainly good at being liberal in Vermont. Why? Because it rates very high in various criteria for standard of living. For instance, Vermont is ranked as no. 1 as healthiest state in the union as well as the most livable state. In most other measures that rank the standard of living Vermont is a top 5 or top 10 state. But in return for enjoying a better place to live than in most other states, Vermont residents have to pay higher taxes than they do in most other states. But it seems like in those other states, especially the conservative ones like Oklahoma, the residents much prefer to pay lower taxes and suffer the consequences of a lower standard of living. For being ranked no. 50 for having the lowest tax burden in the country, according to taxfoundation.com, Oklahoma suffers for it by being ranked no. 41 for health and no. 40 as most livable state. As a liberal, I would rather my state pay somewhat higher taxes and get a higher standard of living in return for it.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:07 PM

435 posts, read 1,518,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
They're certainly good at being liberal in Vermont. Why? Because it rates very high in various criteria for standard of living. For instance, Vermont is ranked as no. 1 as healthiest state in the union as well as the most livable state. In most other measures that rank the standard of living Vermont is a top 5 or top 10 state. But in return for enjoying a better place to live than in most other states, Vermont residents have to pay higher taxes than they do in most other states. But it seems like in those other states, especially the conservative ones like Oklahoma, the residents much prefer to pay lower taxes and suffer the consequences of a lower standard of living. For being ranked no. 50 for having the lowest tax burden in the country, according to taxfoundation.com, Oklahoma suffers for it by being ranked no. 41 for health and no. 40 as most livable state. As a liberal, I would rather my state pay somewhat higher taxes and get a higher standard of living in return for it.

Yeah, becuase it's sooooo liberal to live in a state with zero minorites and even less poor people. For the vast majority who live among the masses with real lives and real issues, we'd like to keep our money thank you. Explain to me how exactly your tax dollars go towards better health or "Standard of Living"? Me thinks it has more to do with your outrageous cost-of-living that drives out lower-class/immigrants/poor creating a upper-class utopia.

Many of these "Qualtiy of life" rankings are skewed towards outrageously white, upper-class areas where actual social burdens are quite low (nevermind the required political correctness of the place in question). Let's dump the entire City of New York on Vermont and see what happens

Old 12-29-2007, 02:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,765,805 times
I'm no Bush fan but I sure would like to see him walk into that city hall and watch those liberals s**t in drawers when he did...I'd like to see how big their words are when he did walk in !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies