Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times

Advertisements

The one question that remains unaddressed......"Were they both STANDING when she put her foot on his shoulder......" hmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Seems like the DA was looking for some publicity for the next election? Sounds like a slow news day.

That was my first impression. After reading more I have concluded that this was simple entrapment and the police should have been chastized. As far as I am concerned they could have been having sex in the park. We have way more important things for our police to spend thier time investigating this sort of trivia.

We are such a prudish society it is actually pathetic.

Last edited by GregW; 01-02-2008 at 08:28 AM..

Old 01-02-2008, 11:46 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I can't believe they have topless women in Ohio parks. Never would have guessed.
No kidding, Columbus parks must be popular! I sunbathe topless on my deck in Alabama. Since no one can see me in my yard - is it still against the law?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 PM

626 posts, read 992,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or the argument can be made that those who you call weak are simply dishonest to begin with.
Example. years ago I found a makita cordless drill on the road. It had a last name painted on the case. As luck would have it I was looking to buy a drill. Pretty much that very drill. I was building a deck on the house I had just built..
I could have kept the drill and no one would have been the wiser. I instead called everyone in the phone book with that last name. Most of which were toll calls. None had lost the drill. I put an ad in the local paper. The man who lost the drill called, identified the drill and contents of the case. He got his tool back. At the time that drill cost about 100 dollars to buy .
Honest people dont want someone elses property, honest people won't be knowingly lured into a crime. Children can be, but as adults we should no better by now and should be held accountable. A cop can offer me the moon but if I didn't earn it, work for it or receive it as a gift I don't want it.
Its that simple. It gets complicated only when we tolerate excuses.
The guy is a fireman he is a good man. There have been a good many firemen caught lighting fires too... This guy exposed himself. He knew the law. He broke the law. He has earned a day in court. Question: Do good honorable people expose their genitles in public, or do they have shame and reject such a proposition?
Your argument is poorly reasoned. I might not want to keep the drill in question, but I am far too laid back to spend my time calling people on the phone about it. It's too much work. It's easier to just toss it in the pile with my other tools. Of course, you'll probably call me a thief. However, people with your attitude are absolutely incapable of empathy. You need pre-packaged moral systems in order for you to function in this world. It's why you cling so tightly to rules, for their own sake.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Your argument is poorly reasoned. I might not want to keep the drill in question, but I am far too laid back to spend my time calling people on the phone about it. It's too much work. It's easier to just toss it in the pile with my other tools. Of course, you'll probably call me a thief. However, people with your attitude are absolutely incapable of empathy. You need pre-packaged moral systems in order for you to function in this world. It's why you cling so tightly to rules, for their own sake.
So, so, so very well put...

Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Firefighter Busted for Exposing Himself to Sunbather Appeals 'Entrapment' Conviction.

Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree.
I think it would depend upon what the topless woman looked like!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I might not want to keep the drill in question, but I am far too laid back to spend my time calling people on the phone about it. It's too much work. It's easier to just toss it in the pile with my other tools. Of course, you'll probably call me a thief.
Technically speaking it is called larceny “the unlawful taking and carrying away of someone else’s personal property with the intent to deprive the possessor of it permanently”. Of course it all depends on where and how it was found. If it was found in or around a dumpster, then there is the presumption that the owner did not want to possess it anymore. If it was on the side of the road and appears to have “fallen” from a vehicle, then the presumption is that the owner did not intend to relinquish their ownership on it.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:59 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
After reading more I have concluded that this was simple entrapment and the police should have been chastized.
For entrapment the person involved or “influencing” the suspect to commit the crime has to be an officer or a government agent (eg. informant). From what I have read, the lady was neither and didn’t know she was being watched. So it isnt entrapment. But it is a poor use of law enforcement resources. I’m sure there are plenty of more important crimes to be investigated or to do some proactive patrols instead of having officers in a park with a video camera watching a topless woman and seeing if “anything” illegal happens.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 AM

87 posts, read 126,549 times
Some babes who go topless hurt your eyes. I saw this on the Riviera in the south of France. On the other hand, some look great. I wonder what the woman in this story looked like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies