Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:50 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The earth heats and cools periodically.

AGW is a money making myth.
Funny. I'll just let chuckmann do the talking out-of-context but it works here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Last resort of those who cannot win the argument on facts - they attack their opponents, blame everything on the international capitalist conspiracy, call names, hold their breath until they turn blue ...
Rather than actually read any of Odo's provided links, you just dismiss it and move on. As indicated by Exxon themselves.....
Quote:
ExxonMobil takes the risk of climate change seriously, and continues to take meaningful
steps to help address the risk and to ensure our facilities, operations and investments are
managed with this risk in mind.
Many governments are also taking these risks seriously, and are considering steps they
can take to address them. These steps may vary in timing and approach, but regardless,
it is our belief they will be most effective if they are informed by global energy demand
and supply realities, and balance the economic aspirations of consumers.
So - Exxon is taking it seriously and NOT making money off it.
Kinda negates any notion of it being a money-making myth when a major player with a market cap of $400 billion is taking it seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 12:54 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,293,396 times
Quote:
The earth heats and cools periodically.

AGW is a money making myth.
You should repeat that a thousand more times. Maybe that will make it true.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:10 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Is this satire?
Trolling?

I don't get it.
You never will get it when you accept theory as fact and then act on it.

Theory is not proven fact.

Fact: The earth heats all on its own.
Theory: Humans causing the earth to heat.
Fact: The earth cools on its own.
Theory: Humans are causing havoc with the climate.

AGW is bad science. Full of holes and is a money making machine for those who promote it.

I deal in fact. When AGW is fact (it never will be proven) I will listen to all the apocalyptic messages that issue forth from the doomsayers. I will be the first to carry a sign that says bring out the dead.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:14 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,778,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
But Exxon actually acknowledges that AGW is real, and they have also acknowledged their own contributions to denialism in the past, which they now consider to be a big mistake.

The reason for this is that unlike most of this board, they understand that AGW is bad for business.
I agree that the planet has been warming for the last 12,000 years. Duh! The last great ice age ended back then. The 12000 year warming was interrupted by the Little Ice Age roughly 1250-1850.

ALL AGW arguments are based on observations that result from the end of the LIA.

Yet again, I should read your links. Are you willing to read mine? Every time I post something I get the expected responses from your side. So stop trying to pretend you have some intellectual high ground.

So stop trying to paint me as some Cretan who has not bothered to do any research. You are wrong.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:19 PM

First we had the doom message saying CO2 will strangle the earth causing it to heat to intolerable levels.

When that was disproved, we now hear how the weather is affected by AGW and to a greater degree has been disproved as well.

You can't take a 100 years of temperature data and that state the cause is because of whatever you believe to be.

So now the screech du jour is the Antarctic and how its losing ice mass. It isn't.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,176,126 times
Quote:
And they lump climate change with global warming. One does not equal the other. The climate always changes. And they are lumping weather to AGW.

All this sounds like the warmers are getting desperate.

Scientists to
Scientists that are warm are claiming that wild weather causes weather? Huh... You don't make any sense. Thanks for the entertainment.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:26 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,903 times
Quote:
First we had the doom message saying CO2 will strangle the earth causing it to heat to intolerable levels.

When that was disproved, we now hear how the weather is affected by AGW and to a greater degree has been disproved as well.

You can't take a 100 years of temperature data and that state the cause is because of whatever you believe to be.

So now the screech du jour is the Antarctic and how its losing ice mass. It isn't.
That might be a first - deflecting in your own thread.
Usually a good sign of a FAIL.

And again, no one bothers addressing Odo's points about ExxonMobile. They're taking it seriously.

Quote:
“The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action,” said William Colton, ExxonMobil’s vice president of corporate strategic planning. “ExxonMobil is taking action by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in its operations, helping consumers reduce their emissions, supporting research that leads to technology breakthroughs and participating in constructive dialogue on policy options.”

Old 10-04-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
That might be a first - deflecting in your own thread.
Usually a good sign of a FAIL.

And again, no one bothers addressing Odo's points about ExxonMobile. They're taking it seriously.
If your argument fails on its merits the fall back position is to blame big oil got it.

Means your message fails completely.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Scientists that are warm are claiming that wild weather causes weather? Huh... You don't make any sense. Thanks for the entertainment.
Reread it. I understand the public schools suck but do have another go at it.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:06 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,293,396 times
Quote:
Reread it. I understand the public schools suck but do have another go at it.
Wild Weather Reason For Weather makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies