Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Okay, and they have made specific threats towards all American citizens too. They talk tough, but you don't see them coming ashore with AK's and RPG's now do ya. They said they were going to invade Texas at one point, so much for that...

They are trying to instigate the U.S military into attacking them so that they have an easier time getting recruits. Saying they are going to attack military families is their latest tactic.

I'm not saying they aren't a problem, but lets not buy into their scare tactics. The U.S military can squash them like a bug whenever they want, they aren't going to be taking over the world anytime soon.
How is being a bit more vigilant - and knowing your enemy's goals - "buying into scare tactics?"

You cannot win a showdown if you don't know what your opponents' goals and motives are. And you CAN avoid a lot of danger and drama by being more "on point." That's all I'm advocating. Knowledge and vigilance. Seems reasonable to me.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:39 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Military families do not deserve more or less protection than any other Americans.

Americans are Americans, there is no one group more deserving than any other.

Vigilance for all. Protection for all. Knowledge for all, not just some and not just a bit more for some. Equal.

ISIL isn't going after military families anymore than anyone else. So they made a threat. Does that mean they threaten anyone else less or more? No, it just means they voiced one threat but that doesn't mean they intend to direct more effort to carrying out that threat.

Have we all forgotten that enemies often say one thing and do another? In this case, hasn't ISIL already threatened ALL AMERICANS? So any threat they made after than is just for public consumption.

ISIL has stated they want to kill Americans. End of story. Everything else is meaningless. protect all Americans.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:43 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is a discussion forum.
yes it certainly is

Old 10-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Quote:
Military families do not deserve more or less protection than any other Americans.
Did someone say they did? I must have missed that.

Quote:
Vigilance for all. Protection for all. Knowledge for all, not just some and not just a bit more for some. Equal.
That's one reason why I posted this in this section of the forum rather than the military section. Also, this news of this threat targeting a specific segment of our population was released to the media (not leaked - released) as well.

Quote:
ISIL isn't going after military families anymore than anyone else. So they made a threat. Does that mean they threaten anyone else less or more? No, it just means they voiced one threat but that doesn't mean they intend to direct more effort to carrying out that threat.
Sigh.

ISIL made a SPECIFIC threat - and as we all should know by now, they're pretty adept at carrying out very specific threats - and videotaping it.

ISIL is one group that is definitely NOT "all talk and no action."

Quote:
Have we all forgotten that enemies often say one thing and do another? In this case, hasn't ISIL already threatened ALL AMERICANS? So any threat they made after than is just for public consumption.
Is reasoning REALLY this hard for some people?????? Let me try to break it down to you one more time:

Let's use the example of a serial killer. The guy hates all women, and really no woman would be all that safe around him, but he can't kill ALL women, can he? But he leaves a note at the next crime scene saying that the next time around, he's going to go after short, plump women with blonde hair. So - do you think that short, plump women with blonde hair should just shrug that off since the guy hates ALL women?

Another question - do you think that this guy's particular hatred toward short, plump blonde women makes them more "special?"

And finally, if your mother or sister was short and plump and had blonde hair, would this particular threat get your attention a bit more than usual? Would you perhaps warn her to be a little more careful, a bit more vigilant? Or would you just shrug it off and say, "That dude hates all women - she's not in any more danger than anyone else. "

Old 10-06-2014, 08:08 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
1. ISIS is not a ragtag bunch. They are raking in about $3M a day.
Syria News | Syria Deeply, Covering the Crisis
ISIS' struggle to control its oil riches - CNN.com
They were. We've been bombing their oilfields and rendering them inoperable
while destroying the assets they previously built and/or bought.
Attached Thumbnails
ISIL threatens to slaughter US military families-533777379.jpg  

Old 10-06-2014, 08:21 AM

893 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
ISIS Threatens to Kill Families of U.S. Military Members | NewsRadio KFBK

Be vigilant. Prepare yourselves and your families. ISIL/ISIS WILL strike again on US and European soil, and around the world.
Yet another excellent case for supporting the 2nd Amendment and Concealed Carry. I carry every day.

You just never know where and when something might happen and I don't plan to be unarmed and unable to protect my family.

Just got CC permits/training for my kids and wife as well. I suggest you do the same.

ALSO, remember that carrying concealed into businesses that post signs as "Gun Free Zones" is not illegal. They can only ask you to leave but they wouldn't know you are even carrying, most likely. Schools and Gov't buildings are different and it is illegal in most cases. Yes, it's dumb. Make sure you know your state and local laws.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
They were. We've been bombing their oilfields and rendering them inoperable
while destroying the assets they previously built and/or bought.
Oh, I'm sorry - their revenue is between $1M and $2M per day now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/wo...rkey.html?_r=0

Also, they have reserves totalling about $2 BILLION.

To Defeat the Islamic State, Follow the Money - Howard J. Shatz - POLITICO Magazine

Old 10-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Your concerns are noted.

N
Other than the incident in Boston, I cannot think of one person killed in the United States by a terrorist since 2001.
Yeah.....our current honest, open and transparent administration is going with the term "work place violence" instead of terrorism as it might hurt his legacy.

The OK beheading and the Ft Hood shooting are 2 for sure. There have been a few others as well.

Not to mention NUMEROUS others that have been stopped. There are dozens if not hundreds. Most of them are not even mentioned in the media though. Nothing to see here....move along

Old 10-06-2014, 08:41 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry - their revenue is between $1M and $2M per day now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/wo...rkey.html?_r=0
You're citing an article from mid September, a week before we began hitting their oilfield assets. If you know of an ISIS oilfield that is operational, please report it to the U.S. military...

In any event, the point is that we are now attacking their financial sources.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I agree - and I am not encouraging anyone to "live their life in fear."

I AM encouraging people to be more vigilant and less complacent, however.
This is the premise of the thread. Period.

There are obviously politicized responses to the OP that are, as usual, ill informed and intentionally misleading. Business as usual for today's environment of divide and conquer politics. It's great for votes though! Hail Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies