Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 10:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My point is nonsense? Then refute it. This stuff is documented.
There is no reason to dispute that escaped slaves were returned oftentimes in accordance to the law.

Who stated otherwise?
Quote:
The Articles of Secession clearly states the desire to keep slavery as a reason for secession.
DING DING DIGN.. You AGAIN, disputed the notion that it was about slavery and you dont even realise it..

it was about the ARTICLES OF SECESSION..

Tell me green, if the articles of secession was never written, do you think a civil war would have taken place over slaves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If they "fooled" others into believing other things were at stake, then clearly they would be fighting for OTHER THINGS, and not slavery, correct?
War is a rich man's battle, and a poor man's fight. People can be fooled into fighting for anything. The elites wanted secession because they wanted to keep slavery. It started as a last ditch attempt to keep slavery. I've brought up the Articles of Secession over and over, and you've been unable to refute it.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
War is a rich man's battle, and a poor man's fight. People can be fooled into fighting for anything. The elites wanted secession because they wanted to keep slavery. It started as a last ditch attempt to keep slavery. I've brought up the Articles of Secession over and over, and you've been unable to refute it.
yes you've brought up the articles of secession over and over while ignoring the fact that the articles of secession is what triggered the war.

Prior to any articles of secession there was no talks of fighting over slavery..

All you keep doing is disproving your own arguing and dont realise it..

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
There is no reason to dispute that escaped slaves were returned oftentimes in accordance to the law.

Who stated otherwise?

DING DING DIGN.. You AGAIN, disputed the notion that it was about slavery and you dont even realise it..

it was about the ARTICLES OF SECESSION..

Tell me green, if the articles of secession was never written, do you think a civil war would have taken place over slaves?
Wrong. The Articles of Secession clearly sites slavery. I did not dispute that it was about slavery. I pointed out that the desire to keep slavery played a large part in this.

If the southern states didn't have the desire to secede, there would be no Articles of Secession. Prove me wrong.

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I never claimed that all the farms in the South had slaves.

But the fact that most Southerners didn't have slaves and still fought to keep a system that actually disenfranchised whites just makes Southerners look even lamer. They should've been fighting for the Union.
What about all the Blacks that fought to keep the South ?
What bout all the Black slave owners themselves ?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Wrong. The Articles of Secession clearly sites slavery. I did not dispute that it was about slavery. I pointed out that the desire to keep slavery played a large part in this.

If the southern states didn't have the desire to secede, there would be no Articles of Secession. Prove me wrong.
Why do you keep asking people to prove you wrong while you continue to argue with others even though you are agreeing with them..

fact: yes, if there was no articles of secession there wouldnt have been war.. meaning the war was over the articles of secession.

Why the articles of secession was written is MEANINGLESS because it could have been over something like abortion, or obamacare, or any other issue someone decides the states should decide and not the federal government.

There was no talks of war over slavery, prior to the articles of secession, PROVE ME WRONG..

Old 10-05-2014, 11:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What about all the Blacks that fought to keep the South ?
What bout all the Black slave owners themselves ?
Geezus...You're going there?

Yeah...blacks, brainwashed as hell from a lifetime of indoctrination in a society that holds them in no higher regard than a dog, fought for the South. Often at the side of their masters.

Now really...You, with your STEM degree and all, are gonna equate that with free men fighting voluntarily for a cause.

Really? Really? Really?

And black slave owners? SMH...Why do you Confederate apologists always bring up the relatively few blacks that owned slaves in order to make a point that blacks approved of their standing in the South?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:01 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Why the articles of secession was written is MEANINGLESS

Old 10-05-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geezus...You're going there?

Yeah...blacks, brainwashed as hell from a lifetime of indoctrination in a society that holds them in no higher regard than a dog, fought for the South. Often at the side of their masters.

Now really...You, with your STEM degree and all, are gonna equate that with free men fighting voluntarily for a cause.

Really? Really? Really?

And black slave owners? SMH...Why do you Confederate apologists always bring up the relatively few blacks that owned slaves in order to make a point that blacks approved of their standing in the South?
The first legal slave owner in america was black..

must have been all of that brainwashing..

Old 10-05-2014, 11:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Why would a southern farmer who had no slaves, fight and die so their neighbors farm who did have slave, could compete and offer lower prices than they could?

They of course wouldnt have. To suggest a southern farmer would go to war and fight so someone else can keep slaves, thereby pricing them out of the marketplace, is ridiculous.
No...that's EXACTLY what they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies