Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,101,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Russian soldiers had defensive and securing function in Crimea. Defence is not invasion!!!
English not your first language? Crossing an international border uninvited with an army is pretty much the definition of invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 11:34 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,101,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Russia is agressor. Take a look at this map :
Putler's main foreign policy result has been to revitalize NATO. German tanks are already in Poland - this time because the Poles bought them.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Default Why America is afraid of Russia? Americans Do not be afraid of Russia, Russian does not need war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overoceanx View Post
Suncc49, you say well, we do not want war, we have are few people. Russia is not in the state, Russia is not in a state to world domination.

Americans I read your subject, you write a lot about Russia. You write about us as an enemy. I personally do not want war. So calm down the Americans, the war nobody wants, Russian does not need war.

Do not be afraid of us, we have also normal people who do not want war, let's live together.

Maybe you are afraid of Russian missiles? Yes Russian missiles are very dangerous and destructive, but I think the Russian or not, Americans do not launch missiles, or our planet will become uninhabitable.

So live and enjoy your life.

I think your president Barack Obama understands the war with Russia will end badly, millions of corpses.

I think American mothers do not want that to their children back home in a coffin, as well as Russian mother did not want war, what would their sons died.

Just crazy and stupid and provocateur wants war the United States vs the Russian Federation.

Yes, Russia has nuclear missiles, but even a conventional war without nuclear weapons can end the millions of deaths.

Now, about the Chinese, in China a lot of people in China, a large army, but there are Russian nuclear missiles
so I think the war is useless.

In China, it still has enough land. I think Americans do not need too much to be afraid of the Chinese, the Chinese are generally peaceful people.

Generally Americans argue who is stronger or Russian or Chinese is folly, we live on one planet, the other house we have, I think mankind should finally become wiser.

War need politicians and generals, but for ordinary people suffering war ends, deprivation, death.

Humanity must create peaceful production, cleansed of dirt and aggression, or war may recur.

There is the danger of war, so we must make every effort that would not have been a war.
Relax.

No danger of war.

No one is afraid except the nervous types.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:08 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,002,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueneondot View Post
So Russia would relinquish should Germany decide they want Kaliningrad or Finland decided to take Karelia back?

It wasn't but a couple of generations back that Germany did just that, want territory with in cases a majority of German people back. Territories the Germans took back included the Saarland, The Rhineland, Alsace, Loraine, The Sudatenland, Danzig, Polish Corridor and Memel. Then they tossed in Austria, Bohemia, Moravia, Luxembourg, lands around the city of Poznan which belonged to Germany before 1919. Then the Germans got greedy

Old 10-09-2014, 05:29 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,456,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overoceanx View Post
Suncc49, you say well, we do not want war, we have are few people. Russia is not in the state, Russia is not in a state to world domination.

Americans I read your subject, you write a lot about Russia. You write about us as an enemy. I personally do not want war. So calm down the Americans, the war nobody wants, Russian does not need war.

Do not be afraid of us, we have also normal people who do not want war, let's live together.
+1. Well said, friend!

I <3 Russia.

We native sons of the US and Russia need not hate one another. We are manipulated into hating one another by the powers that be. These forces, which control finance and the media in both our countries, have much more to gain from war than any of us do. Be wary of what your government and what your media tell you. I would say the same to my fellow Americans, though I'd mean it twice as much! There are powers that would benefit from a fratricidal war between the US and Russia. It would be wise to keep that in ind at all times.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,421,574 times
Why is everyone allowing themselves to be trolled by someone being paid to post Russian propaganda is beyond me.

They're professional trolls-they're being paid to do so.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:47 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,239,154 times
They actually do need war, the reason they lost the cold war is because it never went hot. There is no way the US would ever win a ground war with Russia. All it would take is factorys starting to be destroyed on our own soil and it would be a whole new ball game. Right now we can lord things over others because our stuff is not destroyed.

Russia needs hot conflict in order to sell arms and take advantage of the conflict to invade nations that they need resources from to offset the sanctions.

We will always win a cold war because we have the infrastructure in place and we did not collapse but we have a lot to loose in a hot war.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:01 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,591,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
English not your first language? Crossing an international border uninvited with an army is pretty much the definition of invasion.
What about Serbia, Iraq and Afghanistan? What is the difference? What is the reason Clinton, Blair and Bush aren't tried as war criminals in Den Haag? Why do the United States not recognize the International Court of Justice?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,723,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
What about Serbia, Iraq and Afghanistan? What is the difference? What is the reason Clinton, Blair and Bush aren't tried as war criminals in Den Haag? Why do the United States not recognize the International Court of Justice?
Neither does Russia, nor any of the other largest economies. Use by the US, China, Japan, India, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Brazil and Russia has steadily declined since the 1950s.

Perhaps it is because The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations (UN).

Perhaps because there are charges that the Court is biased, based on evidence, and that members of the ICJ vote the interests of the states that appoint them.

Perhaps because there is serious question whether the ICJ is still fulfilling its role, and there are other international dispute settlement bodies, such as International Tribunal of the Law of Seas (ITOLS).

Those are just a few.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:36 AM

9,479 posts, read 10,836,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
They actually do need war, the reason they lost the cold war is because it never went hot. There is no way the US would ever win a ground war with Russia. All it would take is factorys starting to be destroyed on our own soil and it would be a whole new ball game. Right now we can lord things over others because our stuff is not destroyed.

Russia needs hot conflict in order to sell arms and take advantage of the conflict to invade nations that they need resources from to offset the sanctions.

We will always win a cold war because we have the infrastructure in place and we did not collapse but we have a lot to loose in a hot war.

Your right, invading and conquering Russia is very difficult, history proves this. However I was wondering how you think the Russians could destroy US factories???? Their Navy is nothing compared to ours, we would defeat them on the seas. This means no Russian aircraft carriers off our coast. Also our long range bombers are way better than thiers, as is the rest of our air force. Our missle defense system is better than thiers, so we would be shooting down many of their missles. Will they get lucky a few times and hit an American city??? Maybe. Will they destroy our cities, factories and infrastructure the way Germany had theirs destroyed in WW2?? Not a chance. It would be Russia that would face this, not us. Our air power would rain destruction down upon their factories and infrastructure, they would lose the war. They would be pushed out of eastern Europe and Ukraine, and only in Russia itself would they possibly contain our advance. Russia is just to big to occupy and secure, even the mighty NATO powers do not have the resources to completely control Russia. However the result of a Russia vs NATO war would be a strategic defeat for the Russians, economic ruin for the Russians and they would be a diminished nation in the end. Now if the major powers started lobbing nuclear weapons at each other that changes everything. This would bring an end to western civilization, some nations may not even survive such an exchange. All involved know this, so hopefully it would remain a conventional war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies