Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What jude said is completely false. The people "instructed" were leftist operatives pretending to be affiliated with the tea party. This is classic leftist/alinsky modus operandi.
Bwahahah! Loving it - the 'baggers can't decide whether to bask in the glory of their perceived power or claim they're victims of undercover skullduggery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 08:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No town hall meetings by mainstream candidates any more. Tea party activists flash mobbed them all and made it impossible for anyone to rationally discuss issues or make any valid points. Plus the media reported on all the fiascoes and clusters the TP caused making the candidates look even worse than they were. Only gatherings now are among TPers who politely worship at the feet of Palin, Cruz, et. al.
Nothing the politicians (nor the liberals who attended them) said was ever rational. The TP was the rational voice.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Bwahahah! Loving it - the 'baggers can't decide whether to bask in the glory of their perceived power or claim they're victims of undercover skullduggery.
Got to love the classic "Alinsky" copout. Too, too funny. Especially since Conservatives use all of Alinsky's tactics themselves.

As for the Tea Party, they were proud of they way they disrupted every town hall meeting they attended to the point where no one could be heard except them. I don't know why Ed wants to take one of their greatest accomplishments away from them.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
This thread shows why politicians take people for granted. Someone makes something up to try and demonize those they do not like and others jump in to argue it like he actually had a factual point to make.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:54 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is the truth. The Tea Party instructed their members to go to every town hall and be loud and boisterous and not allow anyone with a different opinion to be heard. They were told to shout down any dissent, and they did so very effectively, thus killing any chance for the rest of us to get to speak to our representatives.
Obviously never attended one. I did, quite a few in fact. The only ones doing the shrieking and screaming were the liberals brought in by bus from Berkeley that never let anyone else speak. The Tea Party folks I saw waited their turn and said their piece.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Obviously never attended one. I did, quite a few in fact. The only ones doing the shrieking and screaming were the liberals brought in by bus from Berkeley that never let anyone else speak. The Tea Party folks I saw waited their turn and said their piece.
More Conservative revisionist history. Unfortunately for you, we have this thing called the Internet, where all kinds of news stories are stored. Like this one which outlines this memo from Robert MacGuffie of Freedom Works:

"The memo, authored by Robert MacGuffie, who runs the website rightprinciples.com, suggests that tea partiers should "pack the hall... spread out" to make their numbers seem more significant, and to "rock-the-boat early in the Rep's presentation...to yell out and challenge the Rep's statements early.... to rattle him, get him off his prepared script and agenda...stand up and shout and sit right back down."

Tea Party Town Hall Strategy: "Rattle Them," "Stand Up And Shout"

Protesters disrupt town-hall healthcare talks | Reuters

The B&S of Grinnell College | Grinnell Tea-Party Disrupts Kington

Town halls gone wild - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

Town Hall Anger Part 2? Lawmakers Head Home for 2010 Campaign Season - ABC News

And that's just the first five stories that came up. There are many, many more. Don't you just hate it when your lies are so easily and thoroughly disputed?

Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
If you want to have any sort of input in most places you have to speak up and be loud. These are highly scripted events and people were understandably pissed.

When I went to see my Congressman you had to submit your question beforehand and then his handlers worded the question they wanted it asked. You would get scripted answers that might not even answer the question.

Yesterday was the debate for Senate here. The only candidates allowed to participate was the (D) and the (R) candidate. There wasn't an audience allowed in either. They of course said very little other than personal attacks.

Tonight I went to see the Libertarian candidate John Buckley. He answered every question asked of him and answered not in soundbites.

Attached Thumbnails
Lack of congressional town hall meetings....or is it just me?-dsc_3443-20141008-1024x682-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies