Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
1. Worst president ever. 2. But the Republicans don't have the guts to impeach him.
1. Agreed.

2. No they don't

3. I would rather the Republicans focus on finding the vision, the right candidate and the real guts to truly lead this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 09:31 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Worst president ever. But the Republicans don't have the guts to impeach him.
It's true the current Congressional Republicans are gutless--I will give you that. But on this I'll give them a pass, since they have no grounds to impeach the president, and even they are smart enough to know this.

You deciding he's the "worst president ever" just doesn't meet the standard of high crimes and misdemeanors. Shocking, isn't it?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The failure to work with each other is of equal blame. Clinton and a republican congress learned to work with each other .The president and congress can choose to do the same . So if the president decides to stand his ground and not budge I agree it might be impossible.
I am still not convinced Landrieu and Pryor will lose their seats both are heavy hitters for their states. Not sure Kanas will not go independent. I do not count on a republican majority . Only one poll matters.
Goes all they way back to declaring Dewey president, I trust one poll the election
I agree, the House and the Senate are equally to blame with the state of the Federal Government we have today.
Hopefully they will learn the stop playing the political games and do their job, meaning working together to get the Bills passed that are needed to run the Nation and get the economy back on track.
I agree when it comes to polls in general, there really is only one poll that counts and that takes place every other November.
See, we can agree on occasion these days

Old 10-06-2014, 10:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yep. You just hope that the one you pick is the one who will do less damage.

Ain't that the truth now. Just seems that these days, people say vote for the lesser of the two evils, but seems that the one who is evil and most popular seems to win out. We should not be arguing with each other about Obama right now. He is here to stay. But the course that this Nation is going to take, with the next elected President.

We are no longer looked upon as we once were around the World. We need a Person who does not play games, blame others for his mistakes, becomes arrogant and child like, when he does not get his own way. We need someone mature, who can and does admit when he has made a mistake. And someone who is truthful with us, with any negative that may be going on. Do not be indecisive, this does not look good for America, but look decisive and stern.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
We are no longer looked upon as we once were around the World. We need a Person who does not play games, blame others for his mistakes, becomes arrogant and child like, when he does not get his own way. We need someone mature, who can and does admit when he has made a mistake. And someone who is truthful with us, with any negative that may be going on. Do not be indecisive, this does not look good for America, but look decisive and stern.

Not only look decisive--but make a firm decision and stick to it. I have no idea where we are going to find this person.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Every single one of us knows a petty, petulant, crybaby like Barack Obama in our personal lives. If we don't like that person, then why should we like Barack Obama?

The truth is, most of us don't like Barack Obama. Many are just too cowardly to admit it because of the emotional investment they put into "Hope N Change."

Let's hope that a hard lesson was learned from the carnage of this failed "president."

Old 10-06-2014, 11:47 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Gallup polls 1250-1500 adults a day.

Who are these people who answer robo calls from 800 numbers?

Politicians pay attention to polls because they know people think they matter.
I have been called by pollsters several of times this year. None of the "major" ones, though.
I will admit, most of them ticked me off so bad with their slanted questions that I deliberately lied in hopes of skewing their results.
I wonder how many others lie to pollsters?

Old 10-06-2014, 12:10 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Every single one of us knows a petty, petulant, crybaby like Barack Obama in our personal lives. If we don't like that person, then why should we like Barack Obama?

The truth is, most of us don't like Barack Obama. Many are just too cowardly to admit it because of the emotional investment they put into "Hope N Change."

Let's hope that a hard lesson was learned from the carnage of this failed "president."
I am not afraid of anything and REALLY not afraid to say I voted for him the first time,but it didn't take me long to see he was either A.) A pathological liar like Bush,or B.) Extremely incompetent like Bush,or C.) Both...I think its "C" myself.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:32 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Funny... all the people that oppose him can't explain why...

Old 10-06-2014, 01:38 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
12.55% of CD forum posters (247 polled so far) think Barack H. Obama is one of the
best presidents ever.
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...ick-7-all.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies