Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Cathy, you got to understand. The gay community want forces universal acceptance of their life style. Next they will be trying to sue the Pope to rewrite the King James Bible. I see you have been pounced on by all quarters and I can assure we ( other Christians ) will keep on posting the traditional view.

They are not contend with a civil union which would solve the problem of peoples rights. They want the title of Marriage. Of course Gays Com. want the Judgment by the courts and they have over turned States Rights ( 10th Amendment ) The purpose in prolong is to get more outrage by people to change the view of people who live very normal lives everyday.

What irks the Pro Gay Marriage is we accept their civil union, but do not accept their life style as normal. Its at the end of the day a " Unquestioned acceptance of a Life style / choice " is the real issue here.

1. Civil Unions do not offer the same protections as mariage

2. Many of the states that have banned same-sex marriage have also banned Civil Unions, including Cathy's state of Texas

3. Religious marriage and Civil Marriage are two totally different things

Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm quite sure you don't.

Yes, they do.

Opposite is the key word here. Why are two entirely different things treated as the same? They are NOT and never will be. As many besides GhostriderAZ have said, they want two entirely different things to be treated exactly the same--it MUST be marriage and not civil union.

That's it, I'm done.

For Equality UNDER THE LAW, yes it must be marriage. We already tried the seperate but equal in our history, it waas never equal.., Not to mention many states including your own also banned Civil Unions or any recognition of same-sex couples.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:53 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
They are not contend with a civil union which would solve the problem of peoples rights. They want the title of Marriage. Of course Gays Com. want the Judgment by the courts and they have over turned States Rights ( 10th Amendment ) The purpose in prolong is to get more outrage by people to change the view of people who live very normal lives everyday.
What us gays want is equal treatment under the law - as promised by our Constitution. If the law is called "driving privileges on public roadways," then I want gay people to have driving privileges on public roadways. If the law is called "civil union," then I want gay people to have civil unions. If the law is called "marriage," then I want gay people to have marriages.

And the 10th Amendment reserves to the States that not delegated to the Federal government. Here's something the States delegated to the Federal government:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I do know a lot. It's becoming "uncool" to be a liberal due to Obama and other things. You must live in a very liberal area.
Okay, I was taking you serious before, but it's obvious you are pulling all of this out of your ass now.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I'm quite sure you don't.

Yes, they do.

Opposite is the key word here. Why are two entirely different things treated as the same? They are NOT and never will be. As many besides GhostriderAZ have said, they want two entirely different things to be treated exactly the same--it MUST be marriage and not civil union.

That's it, I'm done.
I know. Why should women and men be treated equally under the law. They are opposites, so there should be special laws for men and women.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:27 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I know. Why should women and men be treated equally under the law. They are opposites, so there should be special laws for men and women.
And isn't black the opposite of white?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And isn't black the opposite of white?
awwwwww snap!

Old 10-12-2014, 10:57 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Not if its true. Most millennials aren't "granola liberal hippies" despite what liberals would like to believe. There's a difference between being indifferent towards gay marriage and actively supporting it.
Is anyone saying they are? Even young Republicans overwhelmingly support gay marriage.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Is anyone saying they are? Even young Republicans overwhelmingly support gay marriage.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:19 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
They are not contend with a civil union which would solve the problem of peoples rights. They want the title of Marriage. Of course Gays Com. want the Judgment by the courts and they have over turned States Rights ( 10th Amendment ) The purpose in prolong is to get more outrage by people to change the view of people who live very normal lives everyday. What irks the Pro Gay Marriage is we accept their civil union, but do not accept their life style as normal. Its at the end of the day a " Unquestioned acceptance of a Life style / choice " is the real issue here.
Except, of course, all of that is a lie - self-indulgent prevarication - not to mention off-target given that many of us who support marriage equality aren't gay. If civil union was legally identical to marriage in every way, all over the country, you'd then have an argument to make. But before you try to float that balloon, you spend your time and energy getting 1000+ federal laws and many times that number of state laws changed so that each and every one, including the judicial precedents, such that civil union is identical to marriage in every way. You do that work, because it is you who care about a word "marriage" more than what it represents. Those who care about what matters, that actual impact of marriage, recognize that the nation's resources are better spent just using the word marriage because that's what same-sex marriage is - marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies