Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM

4,498 posts, read 3,858,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You would be wrong if you think that. Most people my age and younger don't have an issue with gay marriage. This comes from both sides of the aisle as well, and not just the more liberal youth. The biggest block that has an issue with it is the baby boomers on up. And the reality is they are getting older and will start passing away soon. The attitude you have will simply be the slim minority in 10-20 years.
A lot of millennials I know are against it. So don't try to speak for all young people.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,153,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
See? I express an OPINION, and get called a bigot again, LOL!
Anyone can have an opinion. You are indeed entitled to your opinion. But is your opinion reasonable, rational, well-researched and well-informed, and promotive of a more open and accepting society? If not, be prepared to face some ridicule. Just because you have your opinion doesn't make it right.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:14 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,938,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You would be wrong if you think that. Most people my age and younger don't have an issue with gay marriage. This comes from both sides of the aisle as well, and not just the more liberal youth. The biggest block that has an issue with it is the baby boomers on up. And the reality is they are getting older and will start passing away soon. The attitude you have will simply be the slim minority in 10-20 years.
That's OK.

I know teenagers and young adults that are not pro-gay (and I'll leave it at that) They are a lot younger than I am, so...

People won't express the underlying attitude quite so blatantly as they did in the past, but it's still going to be there for many more years.

It shouldn't bother anybody.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Anyone can have an opinion. You are indeed entitled to your opinion. But is your opinion reasonable, rational, well-researched and well-informed, and promotive of a more open and accepting society? If not, be prepared to face some ridicule. Just because you have your opinion doesn't make it right.
So it's wrong because you don't agree with it. Got it.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:20 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,337,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
A lot of millennials I know are against it. So don't try to speak for all young people.
Oh please, you do not.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:22 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,009,003 times
Quote:

It's just nature. Nature designed male and female parts to complement each other. You don't need Biblical and religious admonitions to see this very simple fact.
I know gay and lesbian couples who complement each other every day!!!

"Good morning, dear. My, don't you look terrific today! What a great outfit! Coffee or tea this morning?"

"Sweetheart, you were the life of the party yesterday! Everyone loved your jokes!"

" I read your post in City-Data.com and you demolished that stupid homophobe who made the anti-gay remark. You are such an articulate person!"

Old 10-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I know gay and lesbian couples who complement each other every day!!!

"Good morning, dear. My, don't you look terrific today! What a great outfit! Coffee or tea this morning?"

"Sweetheart, you were the life of the party yesterday! Everyone loved your jokes!"

" I read your post in City-Data.com and you demolished that stupid homophobe who made the anti-gay remark. You are such an articulate person!"

LOL!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,337,320 times
Quote:
That's OK.

I know teenagers and young adults that are not pro-gay (and I'll leave it at that) They are a lot younger than I am, so...

People won't express the underlying attitude quite so blatantly as they did in the past, but it's still going to be there for many more years.

It shouldn't bother anybody.
I said most, not all. There are always going to be people who don't agree with it. Even 100 years down the road a portion of people will take issue with it. However, the majority of people that age, don't have a problem with it. And even some that do just might be echoing the opinions of their parents. So lets see what those same people say when they are out of their parents houses.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:35 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,751,523 times
Default How you regard people matters because it generally affects how you treat them even if you claim it does not

Quote:
See? I express an OPINION, and get called a bigot again, LOL!
What made you think that opinions couldn't be bigoted?

Old 10-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What made you think that opinions couldn't be bigoted?
Sure, attitudes do come out. But that doesn't mean I want to cause harm to a gay person--or anybody else.

Just because I'm not in favor of gay marriage doesn't mean I'm going to barge in and disrupt the festivities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies