Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 02:23 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I happen to agree with her.

Government labels do nothing but set the teams, to do battle with one another.

"That's so Raven" Had no idea watching it with my daughter years ago, that she was Ruddy on the Cosby show, until now.

The work of progressive liberals...

What has it really done for the country? Their target audience seeks labels as it excuses them from participating in America and allows them to do whatever makes them feel good.

Is "American challenged" a label as of yet?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:25 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think you are oversimplifying.
That's what ALWAYS happens here...

Old 10-09-2014, 02:25 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,124 times
I can't stand when people act like the black community doesn't have a problem with black on black violence. We do. We don't like it. But you don't hear about it because it doesn't show up in majors news outlets. Let's be honest, if you have a problem with black people, you aren't looking for news sources that cover black issues.

And even msnbc and cnn only go so far.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:28 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
She's a lover of people that isn't an African American.

More questions?
sure. how is apple stock going to perform for the next 3 years?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:31 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Thank you Raven. I have always found the term African American unnecessary, cumbersome and silly unless you are recently off the boat from Africa, in which case you might want to differentiate yourself from a new citizen from Jamaica or Haiti, etc.
Nobody else I can think of feels the need to do this.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Perhaps you didn't get why I was asking, so let me rephrase...

Why should speaking "proper" (or "correct") English be likened to white people only?

"Proper" English shouldn't be defined by a race.
Except it is. English is a white man's language.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:50 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Except it is. English is a white man's language.
That's not the point I'm trying to make, here . . .

Old 10-09-2014, 03:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:

English is a white man's language.
How very RACIST of you to point out a form of communication as being inferior to you because it is used in a land you despise.
I assume you eschew timepieces as well for the same reason. A white man invented the telephone, ever use one?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:12 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Let's not play dumb. Whites hold an overwhelming amount of power in the government and the media.
And that's a problem since the majority of citizens in this country are white? It's changing fast so you can start licking your lips anytime now.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
If a black man is killed, chances are a black man killed them. Same for white men. Same for latino men. Same for Asian men. Same for any ethnicity in America.

But even if black men were killing each other by the hundreds on a daily basis, explain to me what that has to do with white people passing laws to disenfranchise black people? To prevent them from voting. From owning property. From getting a good public K-12 education? From being able to walk down the street and not be harassed by police for crimes that whites do at a higher rate? Not being able to get a job because you're black. Not being able to get a loan. Not being able to rent an apartment. The list goes on and on.

The biggest fear for black people isn't getting killed, it's having all opportunity and potential stripped from them by a system that expects nothing from them, and does everything in it's power to make black people live down to it's expectations. It's a system which in every aspect of society has enacted road blocks for a certain group of people. It's created a tiered system of human dignity.

That said, I'm gonna do what every other oppressed group of people have done when straight white males refuse to act right. Stay, stand my ground, make them live up to the constitution and recognize that all men are created equal. I was born and raised here, you're not gonna run me out of town.
What laws were passed to disenfranchise black people in the present? How are they being prevented from voting and owning property if they have good credit and a job? Who's preventing them from getting as good public education? So if a black fits the profile of someone who broke the law they are being unfairly harassed by the police? As for not being able to get a job you do realize that many employers are favoring illegal aliens over American workers black or white, don't you? Yet it is only whites that are taking a stand against this. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies