Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,126,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
shabazz is right. you can train a group of people to fight well, but if their hearts are not in the effort, all that training does no good. remember its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog that matters.
The right decision is to let the Iraqis fight this thing out them selves. They'll never materialize into a real righting force until they take responsibility for their own country. The only problem is they'll probably lose a lot before they make any gains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 04:30 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,266,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I am asking if these women get their due as warriors in a culture as patriarchal as most Middle Eastern ones are. I am also saying that it isn't a concept that should even be explored. No one, but especially not a mother of two young children should be out on a battlefield as a warrior. Billions of years ago most of the planets riches were locked inside and we fought wars over the low hanging fruit we could reach. Now the planets riches are available for everyone but we allow a thousand billionaires to sequester 99% of the spoils and then we fight wars over the remaining 1% that must be divvied up among billions of people. It makes very little sense to me.
Maybe you should rephrase your topic title then because it makes it sound like female fighters under normal circumstances would not be equal to men. The Kurds are making ISIS pay for every inch of ground, and obviously are tenacious; both the women and the men.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:02 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,867,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The hero mother that detonated herself in the suicide attack and the 19 year old woman who shot herself rather than be raped and tortured are not the same person. IMO neither woman had anyplace on a battlefield but the hero woman launched a quasi-offensive attack that may or may not have been absolutely necessary. I don't know.. I'm no military strategist. Just a father... to daughters. Husband of a woman. If they were not in the army, would either of those women be allowed to even vote? Or drive. Or be out in public alone? Allowed to read whatever they want? Come to think of it... even as warriors... do they have an equal status with male warriors? Is the sacrifice of their lives considered thus? Just asking...
When your children, city, people and life as you know it are threatened with violence and extermination you have no other choice regardless if you are male or female.

In a civilized world and situation it would be a different debate. In this case IT'S ABOUT SURVIVAL!

L your posts are usually well thought out, even if I disagree with the message, but you missed the mark here in my opinion.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:23 PM

366 posts, read 451,959 times
Why do all Middle Easterns fight only using suicidal tactics? Jeez.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:31 PM

1,013 posts, read 909,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Yep, and that's about in line with our return on investment in the Shrub's war...

"A Kurdish woman fighting Islamic State militants carried out a suicide bomb attack to slow their advance on a besieged Syrian town, it was claimed today."

Kurdish mother-of-two launches suicide attack to slow Islamic State advance in desperate battle for Kobane | Daily Mail Online
well I think she should have made a bomb and if she could get many bombs set them up and let them come into the trap BOOM weapons of mass destruction with many small bombs then.

just set a trap for them.

WHY are PEOPLE SO STUPID in war.
just AREA OF ATTACK THEM if there are too many of them.

let them come together first to have the biggest affect of course
and once they do BOOM.

I am surprised she didn't have a grenade and only a small gun...
STUPID IRAQI's always run away and give them our weapons
then women and children would have to fight in the cowards steed.

what happened to your 12 virgins in heaven...?
NOT.

if god gave you that then he would actually be bribing you and thus a BAD GOD in the first place.
ask not what god can give you remember?

it is the salvation of the soul for yourself not material goods.
if they do it for 12 virgins then their religion = idiotic and corrupt.
they may as well worship the devil.

Perhaps their god is really the devil instead as they want stuff when they die instead.
Sorry for insulting their twisted religion but it is true.

If you run at least destroy the weapons set a damn bomb in them and when they use them later detonate them if they try to disarm the machine then boom as well.
why are they SO STUPID.

Art of war never let your enemies get your supplies.
if have a high chance of getting them destroy them before they get them.

since civilians + cities are protected do not destroy the infrastructure but if possible evacuate the civilians.

BUT do destroy the military bases and equipment ALL OF IT.

I do not know why they are NOT SETTING TRAPS if they are going to lose anyway.

BUNCH of COWARDS and a bunch of IDIOTS.
Iraqi's are stupid or something?

Sorry I insulted them too many times. but they are wusses and they also have low IQ.
These IRAQIS are PISSING ME OFF.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:38 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,126,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
Why do all Middle Easterns fight only using suicidal tactics? Jeez.
They don't have the money for cruise missiles, F16s, or armed drones. They also use others means but suicide bombers are one of their most effective weapons because it allows them to strike by surprise...

Old 10-17-2014, 02:32 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,807,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
well I think she should have made a bomb and if she could get many bombs set them up and let them come into the trap BOOM weapons of mass destruction with many small bombs then.

just set a trap for them.

WHY are PEOPLE SO STUPID in war.
just AREA OF ATTACK THEM if there are too many of them.

let them come together first to have the biggest affect of course
and once they do BOOM.

I am surprised she didn't have a grenade and only a small gun...
STUPID IRAQI's always run away and give them our weapons
then women and children would have to fight in the cowards steed.

what happened to your 12 virgins in heaven...?
NOT.

if god gave you that then he would actually be bribing you and thus a BAD GOD in the first place.
ask not what god can give you remember?

it is the salvation of the soul for yourself not material goods.
if they do it for 12 virgins then their religion = idiotic and corrupt.
they may as well worship the devil.

Perhaps their god is really the devil instead as they want stuff when they die instead.
Sorry for insulting their twisted religion but it is true.

If you run at least destroy the weapons set a damn bomb in them and when they use them later detonate them if they try to disarm the machine then boom as well.
why are they SO STUPID.

Art of war never let your enemies get your supplies.
if have a high chance of getting them destroy them before they get them.

since civilians + cities are protected do not destroy the infrastructure but if possible evacuate the civilians.

BUT do destroy the military bases and equipment ALL OF IT.

I do not know why they are NOT SETTING TRAPS if they are going to lose anyway.

BUNCH of COWARDS and a bunch of IDIOTS.
Iraqi's are stupid or something?

Sorry I insulted them too many times. but they are wusses and they also have low IQ.
These IRAQIS are PISSING ME OFF.
I say we just send in Steven Segal to kick ALL their asses!

Old 10-17-2014, 05:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,206,253 times
It's all about motivation. I have taken Martial arts training since I was 18. I absolutely love the training. I have watched many attend classes. Some are natural fighters and some no matter how much they learn are afraid to apply it.
In the case of training soldiers. I have done my share of this as well. Some people will never be aggressive and some will be aggressive and stupid. Some will become good soldiers.
These Kurdish women have something to fight for. They know their fate if ISIS wins.
Like the old saying You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies