Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You are in the happy position of living in a state where DL is valid until your 65th birthday, and thus does not need to be renewed until then. What if mine expires every eight years and I can't afford the $63 I need to renew it?
It cost you that much because you lost your BC. The renewal was $40. If you can't afford 40 dollars every eight years, you're in a huge world of hurt. That's 5 dollars a year. Or 9 cents a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 11:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I wouldn't call it a boogieman when you have a single small county in Florida where 100 people were found to have fraudulent registrations with some of them voting simply by comparing voting rolls to jury forms.
Which county? And how did they catch those fraudulent registrations?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
the burning question how does 13% of the population control and dominate the predominate 67% of the population?
lets take a look a good look at voter fraud.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:30 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the burning question how does 13% of the population control and dominate the predominate 67% of the population?
lets take a look a good look at voter fraud.
whet?

Are you suggesting Blacks are using voter fraud to win elections?

CD spends all damn day talking about how Blacks can't do this, that and a third but they somehow came together to commit voter fraud? LOL...

I really hope this isn't a serious post.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times
Quote:
You can no more pinpoint the extent than me.

Certainly needs to be addressed and how do you go about it? Certainly that starts with identifying the voter. This is much more complicated and would require something like a fingerprint on the ballot.
So now you resort to quoting out of context? That is of course the tactics of one who knows he is losing the argument.

The point was, and is, that there are apparently no known instances where fraudulent voting was driven by the lack of Photo ID.

If it must be done the approach suggested by the Nevada Secretary of State could be used. It is actually pretty good at avoiding many false ID atrtacks and could well limit felon voting.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The ones found in Florida all had Photo ID. They were in general non-citizens with drivers licenses.

None of you have been able to produce any significant fraudulent voting without a photo ID. So you appear to be solving a non problem.
Non citizens should have that on their DL, at the very least it should be readable by a card scanner. As I suggested previously we can streamline the in person voting process using the ID.

Bottom line is if you want to prevent voter fraud you need to ID the person whether it's in person, absentee etc.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which county? And how did they catch those fraudulent registrations?
A TV station compared jury questionnaire forms to voter registration rolls.

Quote:
NBC2 Investigates: Voter fraud - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

"I vote every year," Hinako Dennett told NBC2. The Cape Coral resident is not a US citizen, yet she's registered to vote.

NBC2 found Dennett after reviewing her jury excusal form. She told the Clerk of Court she couldn't serve as a juror because she wasn't a U.S. citizen.

We found her name, and nearly a hundred others like her, in the database of Florida registered voters.

Naples resident Yvonne Wigglesworth is also a not a citizen, but is registered to vote. She claims she doesn't know how she got registered.
"I have no idea. I mean, how am I supposed to know."

Records show Wigglesworth voted six times in elections dating back eleven years.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post

Some people are way too stupid, incompetent, and child like to get an ID. Ask a liberal they'll point them out to you.
The typical white liberal's example will be a stereotypical elderly, poor and black woman.
It was in 2010 and will be any time they have a chance to do so again.

Yes, a white liberal will hang himself to champion this cause before any other can do so.
Liberalism exists to make liberals feel good about themselves.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So now you resort to quoting out of context?
When someone uses the term "some" as you did that implies very little. Neither what I quoted or my response was out of context. Matter of fact no matter what you meant by "some" is irrelevant to my reply because it applies to any quantity.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times
Quote:
A TV station compared jury questionnaire forms to voter registration rolls.
And what you are leaving out is all had Photo ID....most in fact signed up to vote while getting their DL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies