Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:42 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
President Obama invites criticism. He seeks opinions and critique from his opponents and allies alike. He invites different perspectives from everyone, not just those who agree with him. As he has consistently maintained, "ideological purity does not solve problems" or "ideological purity does not get things done".

"Stunning disloyalty"??? These headlines from the Right are getting more and more ridiculous. They do nothing to chance the reality that Pubs are losing the WAR.
In another thread you lauded Jimmy Carter:

Quote:
Happy Birthday to Jimmy Carter, an incredibly intelligent and great man. What he stands for, not a Republican alive can touch.

We're fortunate he's still around. I sure would like to see more of him.
Yet this "incredibly intelligent and great man" just this said about Obama (from the article linked below):

Quote:
More broadly, Carter criticized Obama's foreign policy, an approach that he says is lacking in "positive action."
Carter criticizes Obama on ISIS: 'We waited too long' - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That was the deal - but it didn't work out that way. Bill Clinton forced them to pay off the debt before he gave his endorsement speech at the Dem's Convention in 2012. Obama is an equal opportunity Liar.
I did not know that.

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:58 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Leon Panetta is all about the Clintons but that doesn't make him wrong. On the other hand, if Obama was such a God-awful leader, some of his appointees should have flown the coop a long time ago. What does that say about THEIR character?

Panetta can't attack the Obama policies because Hillary was a part of that and it would only draw attention to her bad judgment and "mis-steps" so he goes after Obama's character only allowing Hillary to sail.

So to sum this up, Obama has bad policies that no Dem wants to talk about, is not a good leader and his people like Leon Panetta are just as bad.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Panetta is sure getting heat from the Obama followers - even Charlie Rose.

From Politico this morning:

‘Loyal’ Leon Panetta defends criticism

When asked why he brought the book out now, instead of after Obama left office - Panetta gives a very interesting answer.

“You know what? It’s exactly because I am very loyal to this president and because I want him to succeed that I think it’s important to raise these issues now,†he said. “So that hopefully in 2½ years, you know, we can make sure that he really does have the kind of legacy that I think he deserves as president.â€

Sounds like Panetta is saying he brought the book out now to try and shake some sense into Obama. A better question might have been - "Why did you release this book right before the Mid-Term Election?

At it's heart -- this is an October Surprise. It's a giant slap at Obama and his policy. I don't doubt that it will help Panetta's close friends, Hillary & Bill Clinton - but there is more to it than that.

The List continues to grow -- every single one of these people were appointed by Obama to top level posts.
Bob Gates - (Secretary of Defense)
Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State)
Robert Ford (Ambassador to Lebanon)
Christopher Hill (Ambassador to Iraq)
Michael Flynn ( Director of Military Intelligence - Pentagon)
Leon Panetta (CIA Director & Secretary of Defense)

Old 10-08-2014, 11:07 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Panetta is sure getting heat from the Obama followers - even Charlie Rose.

From Politico this morning:

‘Loyal’ Leon Panetta defends criticism

When asked why he brought the book out now, instead of after Obama left office - Panetta gives a very interesting answer.

“You know what? It’s exactly because I am very loyal to this president and because I want him to succeed that I think it’s important to raise these issues now,†he said. “So that hopefully in 2½ years, you know, we can make sure that he really does have the kind of legacy that I think he deserves as president.â€

Sounds like Panetta is saying he brought the book out now to try and shake some sense into Obama. A better question might have been - "Why did you release this book right before the Mid-Term Election?

At it's heart -- this is an October Surprise. It's a giant slap at Obama and his policy. I don't doubt that it will help Panetta's close friends, Hillary & Bill Clinton - but there is more to it than that.
I don't see how it helps Hillary or at the very least it opens up a huge door for someone like Rand Paul. Hillary will have to argue that she was all for war. How is this going to play with the left? Not hard core Dems, they won't care but there still is a left, the ones that stopped Obama from going into Syria originally.

If Rand Paul argues for a non aggressive foreign policy he will attract some of these voters.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:

The List continues to grow -- every single one of these people were appointed by Obama to top level posts.
Bob Gates - (Secretary of Defense)
Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State)
Robert Ford (Ambassador to Lebanon)
Christopher Hill (Ambassador to Iraq)
Michael Flynn ( Director of Military Intelligence - Pentagon)
Leon Panetta (CIA Director & Secretary of Defense)
And then there are the Obama appointee's that bailed without saying anything.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama is going to be vilified and will be the patsy fall guy blamed for upcoming national disasters. They're just going along with the campaign to discredit him and isolate him so it will be easier to blame him for everything.
I have zero sympathy for Obama since he's a willing participant in this charade.
LOLOLOL, poor Obama, he can't take the blame for anything, nor will his followers believe he is to blame.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL what a loser.
Comeon now, leave poor Susan Rice alone. Can she help it if she logs on to CD to relieve a little stress and reaffirm her conviction to Dear Leader?

Old 10-08-2014, 01:04 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Well to be more clear about the $ for Clinton- they paid off millions themselves which was a very hard task since Hilary could have nothing to do with fundraising while SoS. And when bill asked them to help with the last 300k when Team O desperately needed someone to speak on its behalf- they bitched about it to various people before following through. And then on the night of the event O felt put out that he had to listen to Bill Clinton's opinion on anything...

So it wasn't like the Clinton's were actually bribed as much as they felt that after going to the mat for the guy he could at least lend a hand. I'm not the biggest fan of the Clintons but it is apparently a matter of pride that each and every one of their campaign and legal debts has been paid in full.

I tend to think Obama partly gave Hilary the job because it kept her from being able to speak out against him. And it was supposedly also a partial favor to Reid and Schumer who wanted her off Capital Hill where they felt she took up a lot of oxygen and brought minimal aid.

At this point Obama is in the same point of his Presidency as Bush was at the 5.5 year mark- almost irrelevant. The big difference is Obama will have fewer supporters because he has never put much or any effort out to make allies or to lend a hand.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Default Worst president since Nixon knocks.....Obama

What an amazing accomplishment, to have Jimmy Carter, one of the most pathetic presidents of the post world war II era, criticize your actions as president. Congratulations, President Obama! You finally have washed the taste of Jimmy Carter out of the mouths of Americans.

Jimmy Carter: President Obama blew it on ISIL - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies