Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh so they are exempted. Why aren't Puerto Ricans exempted? I'm as much a citizen as the Amish are, yet Oldglory and others have gotten pissed at me because I speak Spanish at work, with other Puerto Ricans. So, why do the Amish get a pass and I don't?
Because many Puerto Ricans DO have the rep of being troublemakers. Kinda like us "Irish" of 150 years ago.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Because many Puerto Ricans DO have the rep of being troublemakers. Kinda like us "Irish" of 150 years ago.
Oh so if we are troublemakers, we deserve to lose our language and culture, too? No wonder none of you "anti-illegals" complain about the millions of Chinese here illegally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They aren't trying to push their customs and language nationally are they ?
They are. The Amish have the second highest, if not the highest, birthrate among the different American groups. They are the very definition of breeders. By the way, how is it that companies want to cater to Spanish speaking customers a fault of our own? It's up to the business owners if they want to provide a Spanish line of products or service. We don't sit around in our living rooms and say, "Damn, I'm only gonna buy products and services that speak my language!" No, we buy from what we can afford and what is reputable. If they happen to provide Spanish, then that's a bonus.

------

It was never about being against illegal immigration in the first place. "Anti-illegals" just don't plain like Hispanics. I have repeatedly claimed in my posts that anti-illegal immigration is motivated by chiefly anti-Hispanicism, because on this board, I rarely ever hear you people complain about the Chinese or Vietnamese here illegally. They get a pass all the time. Bunch of hypocrites the pro-legal immigration crowd is

Old 10-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Oh so if we are troublemakers, we deserve to lose our language and culture, too? No wonder none of you "anti-illegals" complain about the millions of Chinese here illegally.

They are. The Amish have the second highest, if not the highest, birthrate among the different American groups. They are the very definition of breeders. By the way, how is it that companies want to cater to Spanish speaking customers a fault of our own? It's up to the business owners if they want to provide a Spanish line of products or service. We don't sit around in our living rooms and say, "Damn, I'm only gonna buy products and services that speak my language!" No, we buy from what we can afford and what is reputable. If they happen to provide Spanish, then that's a bonus.

------

It was never about being against illegal immigration in the first place. "Anti-illegals" just don't plain like Hispanics. I have repeatedly claimed in my posts that anti-illegal immigration is motivated by chiefly anti-Hispanicism, because on this board, I rarely ever hear you people complain about the Chinese or Vietnamese here illegally. They get a pass all the time. Bunch of hypocrites the pro-legal immigration crowd is
Try again, please. I've slammed illegal Irish, illegal Chinese, and so on. Not "just" illegal alien "Hispanics".

Better an Indian family from Guatemala who came here legally than a blond hair blue eyed illegal lady from Sweden.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Even Hispanics don't like illegals for the mistrust that they have brought to the US.
There are a lot of Texans here with Mexican descent and they totally resent the waves of poor uneducated illegals that are taking jobs away from them even.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even Hispanics don't like illegals for the mistrust that they have brought to the US.
There are a lot of Texans here with Mexican descent and they totally resent the waves of poor uneducated illegals that are taking jobs away from them even.
Agreed and many Americans and even legal aliens of Hispanic family ain't happy at all over illegal alien Hispanics.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:39 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Keep it classy, please. Your "whining" insults ain't helping your case at all.
In the absence of any constructive comments on most of the posting here, I'd be the first to characterize most of the lame stuff as fitting nicely into that category. "My case"? What are you referring to, it isn't "my" case that's being made by me and others here, it is simply a rebuttal of the usual suspects contention that America is somehow "theirs", and "they" will let us know what can and cannot fly with regard to our social norms.

The sheer economy of most of the retorts seem to reflect a shallowness of sorts by those who feel the one or two liners will suffice to allow for an explanation of their contention. To attempt to deflect the facts here is what makes a comment a whining one or a constructive one, Spanish is here, it will grow here, it will become our second language more so than it is today. All the talk of illegal immigrants being a kind of scourge do nothing to reveal the heart of these issues, and therefore should be dismissed for what they are.

The Mexican working class populace has no other choice but to look for opportunity here, they can't affect things in the homeland so they are here, sound familiar? It should, it's the number one reason so many people came here from all over the globe.

We will see the border being a porous thing until the south side becomes a priority for America, until Mexican's are rewarded in their own nation for remaining there they"ll be here. Realities of modern finance and world markets mean different things will take place now, everywhere, not just here, did you think the average Mexican really wants to live in a cold northern climate because he/she wants to? No, they come here because of global constructs that are becoming game changers for us all.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
In the absence of any constructive comments on most of the posting here, I'd be the first to characterize most of the lame stuff as fitting nicely into that category. "My case"? What are you referring to, it isn't "my" case that's being made by me and others here, it is simply a rebuttal of the usual suspects contention that America is somehow "theirs", and "they" will let us know what can and cannot fly with regard to our social norms.

The sheer economy of most of the retorts seem to reflect a shallowness of sorts by those who feel the one or two liners will suffice to allow for an explanation of their contention. To attempt to deflect the facts here is what makes a comment a whining one or a constructive one, Spanish is here, it will grow here, it will become our second language more so than it is today. All the talk of illegal immigrants being a kind of scourge do nothing to reveal the heart of these issues, and therefore should be dismissed for what they are.

The Mexican working class populace has no other choice but to look for opportunity here, they can't affect things in the homeland so they are here, sound familiar? It should, it's the number one reason so many people came here from all over the globe.

We will see the border being a porous thing until the south side becomes a priority for America, until Mexican's are rewarded in their own nation for remaining there they"ll be here. Realities of modern finance and world markets mean different things will take place now, everywhere, not just here, did you think the average Mexican really wants to live in a cold northern climate because he/she wants to? No, they come here because of global constructs that are becoming game changers for us all.
ILLEGAL aliens and their fans are a scourge AND all of them need to be put in their place. I'd feel the exact same if they were Irish and I'm OF Irish family.

Too; there's something very wrong with most "Latin" based cultures that almost all of their countries are messed up and, I'm being real nice. It ain't racism since Hispanics can be of any race. Even Italy and France are a bit screwy around the edges.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:34 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Wrong! Those of us who oppose illegal immigration want them all out of this country regardless of their ethnicity or national origin. It is just that there is no comparison to the number of Chinese here illegally vs Mexicans and other Latinos. Therefore that group gets the most attention. It is their legal counterparts that are demanding amnesty for their illegal amigos and think they should be above our immigration laws all the while calling us racists if we want our immigration laws enforced...... not the Chinese.

Are we starting to hear a lot of Mandarin being spoken here because of illegal immigration? Um no, it's Spanish. Because of the huge number of Spanish speaking illegals here and other non-assimilating ones of their group that's the reason that businesses are pandering in Spanish. Now we have to know Spanish to get a job in our own country. Sorry, but this is an English speaking country.

And finally there is no hypocricy on our part. Again, we want "all" illegals out of our country.

It's just BS that those of us who oppose illegal immigration do so because we just don't like Hispanics! I like them fine as long as they assimilate and respect our immigration laws.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! Those of us who oppose illegal immigration want them all out of this country regardless of their ethnicity or national origin. It is just that there is no comparison to the number of Chinese here illegally vs Mexicans and other Latinos. Therefore that group gets the most attention. It is their legal counterparts that are demanding amnesty for their illegal amigos and think they should be above our immigration laws all the while calling us racists if we want our immigration laws enforced...... not the Chinese.

Are we starting to hear a lot of Mandarin being spoken here because of illegal immigration? Um no, it's Spanish. Because of the huge number of Spanish speaking illegals here and other non-assimilating ones of their group that's the reason that businesses are pandering in Spanish. Now we have to know Spanish to get a job in our own country. Sorry, but this is an English speaking country.

And finally there is no hypocricy on our part. Again, we want "all" illegals out of our country.

It's just BS that those of us who oppose illegal immigration do so because we just don't like Hispanics! I like them fine as long as they assimilate and respect our immigration laws.
Most illegal alien fans HATE it when called out on what you just said.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:42 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post

But, but, but we are told that Hispanics are assimilating. That would include learning English so why would Spanish grow here? That makes no sense. Why do I get the feeling that is what you want though?

This country belongs to all of its "citizens" regardless of race, ethnicity or national origin. It doesn't belong to illegal aliens and they have no right to come here for economic opportunity. Have you heard of immigration laws at all? All countries have them including Mexico. If we allowed in every impoverished person in the world seeking economic opportunity we would have an additional 2 billion people living in this country. Is that what you want? Foreigners need to seek changes in their own countries. We aren't the employment agency or flop house to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies