Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Advertisements

For a start and not totally a solution but one in process:

1) Obama resigns.

2) The Dems lose this coming election day.

3) Dem-lite Repubs lose this coming election day.

4) Conservatives win to cover the losses this coming election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
1. Elect People to congress and the president who have a sincere belief in limited government and the protection of constitutional rights and policies that encourage them.
2. Have responsible security on the borders and only enter wars with congress approval unless an ACTUAL threat is within the hours of attack etc. IE pearl habor, and or 9-11 situation. Bomibng ISIS or IRAQ and or other actions of war are acts of war follow the constitution. OBAMA and Bush mostly didn't
3. Remove the Income tax on a FEDERAL level. Replace it with a federal 3% sales tax. <--- this funds federal spending only. When you look at your paycheck which most of AMERICA gets the part that says FEDERAL is now in your pocket. no sales tax on food and clothing just like on state taxes. <--- this solves this BS that it hurts the poor. After all they seem to do ok on the 7% tax and or city taxes on all the other crap they buy. After all this is to help the US economy not the poor of which don't really pay any taxes and or get money from the government in most cases.
4. Audit the FED, remove their power over the money supply and restore some and all of the printed dollars to actually physical worth, gold, silver, and or some physical tangle able money. IE if I go to the bank and say here take this 20 and give me GOLD or silver for it, it forces the BANKS to actually have to have money with VALVE! Those who say the gold standard doesnt work... I say show me fiat money working, "preventing" crashes and not devalving the money supply.. SHOW ME how it in its short history has OUT lived the only money that ever has survived for thousands of years. Show me how the FED is protecting our money and currency how it stopped the crash of 2008 and how their foolish attempts at money creation and debit is protecting our dollar valve. <--- next crash is soon and the banks would be able to "bail " themselves out with more IOUS on tax payers backs and their secret theft of our money supply. Criminals should really go to jail if the US government didnt legalize a central bank to rob us blind!

Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
Step 1: Put tight regulations on immigration. With less immigrants or H1Bs coming in US employers will be forced to hire US workers.
Who cannot compete with the other 6 Billion.

Vlad earns the minimum wage of $1.40/hour in Romania.

Those are not slave wages, since Vlad can buy a house on $1.40/hour. He can buy a slighter bigger house with more land on $2.65/hour, like my friend Cosmin did.

Vlad does not Buy American --- because American stuff is too expensive --- but he does Buy Indian, Buy Chinese, Buy Filipino, Buy Serbian, Buy Russian and Buy Brasilian.

Your tight regulations on immigration have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

That creates ZERO jobs, and causes job losses.

Quote:
Step 2: Put very heavy tariffs on foreign goods or goods made outside the US(except for Europe where goods already are more expensive). This will make US products on even terms with the cheaply made inferior chinese products and kill off the high demand for Japanese cars.

Those are not slave wages, since Vlad can buy a house on $1.40/hour. He can buy a slighter bigger house with more land on $2.65/hour, like my friend Cosmin did.

Vlad does not Buy American --- because American stuff is too expensive --- but he does Buy Indian, Buy Chinese, Buy Filipino, Buy Serbian, Buy Russian and Buy Brasilian.

Your heavy tariffs on foreign goods have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

More job losses.

Quote:
Step 3: Place high taxes on foreign non-EU companies which are based in foreign countries but have factories in the US. Bye bye Toyota.
I detect the foul odor of racial bigotry.

Your high taxes have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

Quote:
Step 4: Place high tax rates on outsourced jobs or criminalize the process.
That will cause the loss of cash/credit Capital for US businesses, resulting in massive job losses in the US.

1] US businesses cannot compete globally.
2] Off-shoring jobs allows US businesses to gain a profit.
3] The profits gained from off-shored jobs allows Americans to retain their jobs and their wages and their benefits.

I'm working on dumbing that down so that a dead snail can easily comprehend.

Suggestions appreciated.

Quote:
These 4 steps will allow US industries like GM, Ford, US Steel, GE, and many others that were once strong to revive themselves. With less competition, Ford and GM will increase sales and this will result in more hiring in Detroit and will create the production of new factories around the country.
You couldn't be more wrong, and that's easily proven here.

The name of the game is to get profit from the 6,000 Million, not the 400 Million. I understand these equations are more difficult than you can handle, but....

$5 Profit * 400 Million Arrogant-assed Americans, snotty Canadians and loud-mouth Australians = $2 Billion in Profit

$5 Profit * 6,000 Million people in rest of the World = $30 Billion in Profit.

Which is larger profit.....$30 Billion or $2 Billion?

Do you need a calculator and scrap-paper to figure that out?

Quote:
By detroy you mean you own a Honda or a toyota and will be forced to buy
A US made car. Ok.
Yes, because Freedom of Choice is Slavery.

Quote:
You realize we had better financial health BEFORE globalization right?
That's because you were raping and robbing your Economic Slave Colonies of all their Wealth, Profits & Resources.

Quote:
Since our economy will go back to being self sufficient I truly doubt we will care about outside tariffs.
You can never be self-sufficient.

You have only one of the rare-Earth elements, and the least useful one at that.

Do you plan on abandoning your 4th Level Economy?

Quote:
You can't even back up your claim.
I already did.

Quote:
By becoming more isolationist as described we won't be involved in as many conflicts.
So,...you're okay with the rest of the World abandoning the US Dollar as the de facto reserve currency and de facto currency of international trade?

How are you going to afford to be able to import the resources you require for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th Level Economies if 1 Euro = $17 USD?

Quote:
The difference between the U.S. and NK is NK has NO natural resources and back in the 1950s we actually WERE EXACTLY like these 4 steps. Comparing isolationist US to NK is not only mistaken, it's flat out uneducated.
Only the uneducated are unaware the World has changed.

Quote:
So high paying US jobs don't solve the problem? Ok.

How's that been working out for you so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually your response covers one part of his suggestions, and ignores the other 75%.
That's because it's incredibly stupid.

Quote:
That's someone's way of saying "I don't have a valid argument and so ill resort to personal criticism because I'm wrong". Just be honest with yourself.
You are wrong.

Chinese goods are priced less than American goods.

If you want Vlad to buy your goods so that you can keep your job, then you need to lower the price of your goods.

There are only two ways to do that:

1] Open a plant in China, manufacture there and export from China to Romania; or

2] Implement a Maximum Wage of $12/hour on all Americans.

Choose wisely.

Quote:
Perhaps the laws and regulations in place were part of the reason the world was that way or perhaps they enhanced it. Simply put those were better days.
You raped and robbed your way to Prosperity.

Quote:
Like all empires we peaked in the 1950s, the best we can do is cling to what we have and go down with the ship. Since the world is so interconnected everyone will suffer from our decline.
$5 Profit * 400 Million Arrogant-assed Americans, snotty Canadians and loud-mouth Australians = $2 Billion in Profit

No one will miss you.

Quote:
It's our last ditch effort to stop our economy from dying. It might bring back the prosperity of the 1950s.
The "prosperity of the 1950s" was a lie.

It was a Ponzi-Scheme.

You were raping and robbing countries of their wealth.

I guess now you'll claim that the Laws of Physics do not apply to the Laws of Economics and Capital can be in two different places at the same time.

Either the Profits from oil stay in Mexico, where they expand the infrastructure and increase the Standard of Living for Mexicans, pushing them through the various levels of economic development, to the point where they are getting paid $35/hour.....

...or....

....you rape and rob Mexico of its oil profits, bringing it all back to America to expand the infrastructure and increase the Standard of Living for Americans, pushing them through the various levels of economic development, to the point where they are getting paid $35/hour.

You had the option of sharing oil profits fairly --- say 50-50 or 60-40 --- in which case Mexicans and Americans would both be making $18/hour right now, instead of Americans making $35/hour and Mexicans making $3/hour.

Sucks to be you....

Mircea

Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM

128 posts, read 122,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We did pretty well in 1924, with all those things in place.
We keep referring to earlier and earlier times....almost a century now. This is not the same world it was in 1924 or 1950 or even 1980. We need to prepare for a global economy or get left behind.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 PM

366 posts, read 452,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Who cannot compete with the other 6 Billion.

Your tight regulations on immigration have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

That creates ZERO jobs, and causes job losses.

Your heavy tariffs on foreign goods have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

More job losses.

I detect the foul odor of racial bigotry.

Your high taxes have no effect on Realityâ„¢.

That will cause the loss of cash/credit Capital for US businesses, resulting in massive job losses in the US.

1] US businesses cannot compete globally.
2] Off-shoring jobs allows US businesses to gain a profit.
3] The profits gained from off-shored jobs allows Americans to retain their jobs and their wages and their benefits.

I'm working on dumbing that down so that a dead snail can easily comprehend.

Suggestions appreciated.

You couldn't be more wrong, and that's easily proven here.

The name of the game is to get profit from the 6,000 Million, not the 400 Million. I understand these equations are more difficult than you can handle, but....

Do you need a calculator and scrap-paper to figure that out?

Yes, because Freedom of Choice is Slavery.

That's because you were raping and robbing your Economic Slave Colonies of all their Wealth, Profits & Resources.

You can never be self-sufficient.

You have only one of the rare-Earth elements, and the least useful one at that.

Do you plan on abandoning your 4th Level Economy?

I already did.

So,...you're okay with the rest of the World abandoning the US Dollar as the de facto reserve currency and de facto currency of international trade?

How are you going to afford to be able to import the resources you require for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th Level Economies if 1 Euro = $17 USD?

Only the uneducated are unaware the World has changed.

How's that been working out for you so far?

That's because it's incredibly stupid.

You are wrong.

Chinese goods are priced less than American goods.

If you want Vlad to buy your goods so that you can keep your job, then you need to lower the price of your goods.

There are only two ways to do that:

1] Open a plant in China, manufacture there and export from China to Romania; or

2] Implement a Maximum Wage of $12/hour on all Americans.

Choose wisely.

You raped and robbed your way to Prosperity.

No one will miss you.

The "prosperity of the 1950s" was a lie.

It was a Ponzi-Scheme.

You were raping and robbing countries of their wealth.

I guess now you'll claim that the Laws of Physics do not apply to the Laws of Economics and Capital can be in two different places at the same time.

Either the Profits from oil stay in Mexico, where they expand the infrastructure and increase the Standard of Living for Mexicans, pushing them through the various levels of economic development, to the point where they are getting paid $35/hour.....

...or....

....you rape and rob Mexico of its oil profits, bringing it all back to America to expand the infrastructure and increase the Standard of Living for Americans, pushing them through the various levels of economic development, to the point where they are getting paid $35/hour.

You had the option of sharing oil profits fairly --- say 50-50 or 60-40 --- in which case Mexicans and Americans would both be making $18/hour right now, instead of Americans making $35/hour and Mexicans making $3/hour.

Sucks to be you....

Mircea
I'm glad you enjoy living in and supporting 3rd world countries (btw those wages are not great, even in those countries). I hope the warlords (or the Communist party of China) find you and punish you for using the internet without their permission.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBriscoe View Post
New member here. Could you elaborate on that statement? Thanks in advance.
We will have more and more people on some sort of welfare as technology improves and global competition increases. This is a consequence of "capitalism", not some liberal ploy to get more votes. Enacting reforms will hopefully help with the burden as our system of welfare.healthcare. and social security need to be reformed.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Less competition doesn't mean American companies will build better products.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Step 1: Put tight regulations on immigration. With less immigrants or H1Bs coming in US employers will be forced to hire US workers.
Step 2: Put very heavy tariffs on foreign goods or goods made outside the US(except for Europe where goods already are more expensive). This will make US products on even terms with the cheaply made inferior chinese products and kill off the high demand for Japanese cars.
Step 3: Place high taxes on foreign non-EU companies which are based in foreign countries but have factories in the US. Bye bye Toyota.
Step 4: Place high tax rates on outsourced jobs or criminalize the process.

These 4 steps will allow US industries like GM, Ford, US Steel, GE, and many others that were once strong to revive themselves. With less competition, Ford and GM will increase sales and this will result in more hiring in Detroit and will create the production of new factories around the country.
Engineers and other STEM majors won't have to compete with H1Bs and outsourcing and will thus find work easier and have more spending money to spend on products rapidly increasing economic recovery.
Because there will be less unemployment and better wages consumers will spend and save more thus letting them invest in the stock market providing a double stream of income to Defibrillate the US economy.

With in 10 years the US economy will have less than 5% or less REAL unemployment and with higher tax incomes may even lower the US deficit.
Here's a better idea:

(1) Lower taxes.
(2) Less government.
(3) Cut government spending.
(4) Secure the border.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Here's a better idea:

(1) Lower taxes.
(2) Less government.
(3) Cut government spending.
(4) Secure the border.
Number four requires move government and more government spending, which would potentially require more taxes.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
At what cost? The city is dead.

Did you know that back in the 1950s and early 1960s was a GLOBAL economic power. It rivaled SF....NY....LA.... Hell, it was on top of the world.
We really need to put up more tariffs on those flimsy Japanese products. I bet all the WW2 veterans who served on the pacific grit their teeth knowing the soldiers who shot at them now have grand kids that killed off their old factory jobs/careers and indoctrinated their grand kids into believing that their rusty death trap products are superior.
So? Cities die periodically. And so do nations.

[it is what it is]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies