Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
So a moderate would be the superior one in this case. Most liberals I know have tons of debt, pointless degrees, and expect everything from their parents.
Oh, good gawd. Here we go. What the heck is a "pointless degree?" What kind of a degree (s) do YOU have?

I guess the world only has room for doctors, dentists, lawyers, engineers, other healthcare professionals and IT people? Anything else is a waste of time and energy, I presume.

According to you, society no longer has a need for writers, journalists, educators, editors, publishers, economists, historians, public service/public affairs professionals, administrators, marketing/advertising/PR professionals, archaeologists, political scientists, psychologists, social scientists, social workers, foreign language interpreters/translators, church pastors/clergy, museum archivists and curators, filmmakers, musicians, etc.

Nah, who needs 'em, right?

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 10-15-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 10-15-2014, 11:03 PM

102 posts, read 139,125 times
Wow, I wish I had time to read through this entire thread.

IN GENERAL, most of my peers in high school and college that were actually interested in political and social issues were liberal. Like someone previously stated, conservatives GENERALLY tend to look at things as either, black or white; it's uncanny.

Conservatives, particularly the most outspoken ones in my home state of South Carolina, are extremely reactionary, emotional, and short-sighted. They can ***** and moan about the liberal media, but there is a reason there are multiple TV shows that have to put little effort into sustaining a show that pokes fun at Fox News and conservatives.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:16 PM

817 posts, read 921,679 times
Conservative principles make so much sense you don't have to over-think them.
- All people are created equal.
- Grow the economy so everyone has an opportunity at something.
- Give someone a fish and they will vote for you. Teach someone to fish and they will vote for whoever taxes fishing the least.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 PM

102 posts, read 139,125 times
Also, I think, IN GENERAL, liberals tend to seek out knowledge more than conservatives. I was thinking about this tonight while watching Jeopardy. USUALLY, people with worldly interests like literature, art, music, environmental issues, health and wellness, travel, human rights, and higher education vote liberal. I would like someone to try and challenge that. Again, this is not true ALL OF THE TIME.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 AM

830 posts, read 1,665,690 times
I don't understand how anyone who puts a label on his or her beliefs is a more intelligent person. To me it sounds closed-minded to call yourself liberal or conservative, and it is especially ignorant to say one is better than the other. I think every person has (or should have) a little bit of both. Sometimes I think I am "conservative" but then I agree with "liberal" opinions on headline issues like capital punishment and gay rights.

Honestly I don't know why such a biased thread with dubious facts was allowed to start in this forum. Should go to "Great Debates" if it belongs anywhere.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Citizen Ailes=Criminal Ayers?

Do you have links to in-depth studies which reinforce this absurd assertions?

What it says to me is "I'm so spun up I will blather crazy s#it about FOX News and those who watch it for the reason I have nothing of real value to insert here".

Why do you need a study to confirm who Roger Ailes is?
That doesn't even make sense.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:11 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Stop being disingenuous. Liberals don't hate Fox News because it's biased, they hate it because it isn't biased towards liberalism.

Why Liberals Still Detest Fox News « Commentary Magazine
You're complaining about too much opinion on MSNBC, so you post an opinion article from an online magazine that describes itself as: 'America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life.'

You truly are a voice of reazon.

And yet:

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

Old 10-16-2014, 07:07 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,573 times
The truly intelligent do not run around proclaiming their "intelligence" 24/7/365

Part of intelligence is adult maturity.

Hey! Let's start a thread making fun of Wal-Mart workers!!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:11 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
What's funny is Liberals THINK they are more intelligent.

Have you seen the average low end Obama liberal supporter ? They seriously bring the averages way down.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Don't be so hung up on intelligence. Yours or anyone else's.

There's no shame in wanting traditional family values and following God's Word, which, btw, does not include racism or killing anyone who wants to leave the religion. There are different kinds of smarts.

There is shame in being prideful and pointing out other's faults when we should be fixing our own faults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies