Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:48 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Indisputable, my a$$.

Liberals think they are smarter. That's all. For every dumb hick conservative, I can show you an ignorant liberal.

There might be something to the religious aspect, but I reject the notion that conservative=religious=conservative. I'm not religious, and I'm rather conservative, although I'm really more libertarian on most social issues, so perhaps I'm not what you're looking for.
Wow, Dave- excellent post.
I'm the same way, btw....
Ron Paul was my guy
Considering the last election, & how a$$ backwards the entire country is now....
from now on I quit voting altogether.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:49 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,904,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Sort of like the Global Warming charts,,,,right......Oh excuse me the Global Trending charts that were massaged to add validity to something that hasn't happened in 18 years.......

Garbage in Garbage out.....
Let me guess... Conservative? You proved the point.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Conservatives become conservative thru ignorance and brainwashing, so many dumb people I know have become conservatives because they caught Rush Limbaugh on the radio and his simpleminded presentation of a simple worldview made sense to them. Liberals become liberal thru education and life experience, no comparison.
The perfect example of brainwashing is illustrated by the post above. Not in the point trying to be made but the point that the poor soul actually believes it.

If the opinion in that post is true, perhaps that explains why liberals spend everything but the last year of their lives running around in an unintelligent state of mind.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Let me guess... Conservative? You proved the point.
I'm no denier on climate change.

However, why are so many on the Left so quick to jump right on the Climate Change bandwagon, without questioning anything, quoting Science, but ignore Science regarding the non-existent Autism-Vaccination connection, or the overblown "evils" of Monsanto/GMOs?

(Not that I love Monsanto - but my issues regarding them are more based on the fact they're a monopoly more or less)

Old 10-10-2014, 08:55 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Thanks for the laughs.

I always love reading funny stories of people who don't even live in this country but have it all figured out.

BTW I would say your photos that apparently depict your premise have nothing to do with the topic and should put your thread into the Great Debates forum.

But I guess it's more fun to focus on a country with 325 Million people and 4 Million sq miles than Denmark with 5 Million people and a whopping 16.5 sq miles (a little bigger than Massachusetts) . Hilarious that you don't see the correlation of this "study".

Oh...BTW, more funny stories:

It appears Denmark is getting SMARTER! The more CONSERVATIVE WAY. Well, except for government asking moronic questions about people's sex lives.

New rules drive up the cost of love - News - The Copenhagen Post
Quote:
Kastrup has a back injury and is in treatment for mental issues that make her unable to work. She collects unemployment benefits from the government. When the new laws kick in at the beginning of next year requiring the working member of an unmarried couple to pay the disability benefit of the partner who cannot work – the way married couples are required to – Dale and Kastrup will essentially go broke.

Not welcome in Denmark? Right-wing parties call for deportation of refugees ? RT News

Is art the ultimate refuge of racism in Denmark? - The Local

Articles: Does Dhimmitude in Denmark Describe Our Destiny?

Danish art project deemed racist by Swedes - The Local

Nah thanks. I'll stick with the dummies who created our Constitution. The ONLY thing standing in the way of Progressives from destroying our freedoms and way of life. Well, perhaps you are unaware of the complex BRILLIANCE of those men.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-17-2014 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright

Old 10-10-2014, 09:20 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Another example, conservatives are ruled by emotions and more likely to dismiss facts. Not analyze and then dismiss, just dismiss what does not fit their (often set in stone) schematic world views.
You are wrong here. Liberals pick the facts that fit their prior conclusion, and latch on like pit bulls so as not to disturb that predetermined and iron-clad conclusion. New facts that contradict the predetermined conclusion are ignored. More enlightened interpretation of existing facts that challenge the predetermined conclusion are ignored. (Figures don't lie, but liars figure...)

Liberals are no more in consonance with reality then the most fervent mystical Conservatives are. They just pick something different to have total faith in. And arrive at conclusions based on Faith that are every bit as strong as that of the most primitive Fundamentalist Christian.

Liberals bedeck themselves in smug superiority based on false pride in the fact that the recipient of their loving Faith has a locus on the planet rather than in overt fantasy. What they fail to conceive is that Faith in the False is equal - no matter where the divorce from Reality is located.

So you take the typical AGW liberal. There is not a fact that could ever be learned about climate that would dissuade him from the hate-filled conclusion that he has already embraced. It's not about the climate, it's about feeding the hate, and nothing in Reality can be allowed to change that. Nothing. No way. No how.

That is why you can put 100 AGW climate advocates in a room. And 90 of them will have nearly the EXACT SAME POLITICS. Statist, collectivist, hatred of Capitalism, anti-achievement, anti-individual, beotching about income inequality, pro-union, pro-welfare, pro-taxation, pro-social engineering, etc.

BTW this post should not be taken as pro-Conservative. I could find the exact same fault with the Conservatives by simply interchanging various modes of irrationality.

Both groups are the same in every important respect. And both groups will destroy freedom and liberty completely and with certitude in order to advance the brand of tyranny within which they have placed their utter and complete FAITH.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:40 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You are wrong here. Liberals pick the facts that fit their prior conclusion, and latch on like pit bulls so as not to disturb that predetermined and iron-clad conclusion. New facts that contradict the predetermined conclusion are ignored. More enlightened interpretation of existing facts that challenge the predetermined conclusion are ignored. (Figures don't lie, but liars figure...)

Liberals are no more in consonance with reality then the most fervent mystical Conservatives are. They just pick something different to have total faith in. And arrive at conclusions based on Faith that are every bit as strong as that of the most primitive Fundamentalist Christian.

Liberals bedeck themselves in smug superiority based on false pride in the fact that the recipient of their loving Faith has a locus on the planet rather than in overt fantasy. What they fail to conceive is that Faith in the False is equal - no matter where the divorce from Reality is located.

So you take the typical AGW liberal. There is not a fact that could ever be learned about climate that would dissuade him from the hate-filled conclusion that he has already embraced. It's not about the climate, it's about feeding the hate, and nothing in Reality can be allowed to change that. Nothing. No way. No how.

That is why you can put 100 AGW climate advocates in a room. And 90 of them will have nearly the EXACT SAME POLITICS. Statist, collectivist, hatred of Capitalism, anti-achievement, anti-individual, beotching about income inequality, pro-union, pro-welfare, pro-taxation, pro-social engineering, etc.

BTW this post should not be taken as pro-Conservative. I could find the exact same fault with the Conservatives by simply interchanging various modes of irrationality.

Both groups are the same in every important respect. And both groups will destroy freedom and liberty completely and with certitude in order to advance the brand of tyranny within which they have placed their utter and complete FAITH.
Your post is spectacular! It says it all. The bolded sentences demonstrate nonpartisan fairness.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:

I'm guessing you're a Libertarian?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:56 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
There is an indisputable correlation between higher levels of intelligence and liberal attitudes, but this correlation has yet to be explained:

http://www.asanet.org/images/journal...SPQFeature.pdf

Some potential explanations:

-Liberalism is a 'novelty' in human evolution and intelligent people tend to be drawn to novelty (not socially defined novelty, evolutionary novelty).
-less intelligent people tend to conform to tradition, because they have been instructed not to trust their own intelligence.
-their higher intelligence explains why liberals tend to control practically ALL of the institutions with a few exceptions-- notably the world of business.
-extreme conservatism is shown to be positively correlated with the lowest IQs.
-Religiosity has a very high correlation with a low IQ.

Self congratulating liberal bunk ^^

"The first problem in the study comes with Kanazawa's use of IQ as an accurate measure of intelligence. PZ Myers, a leader in the field of evolutionary developmental biology (and an avowed atheist and progressive), is not surprised. He calls Kanazawa the "great idiot of social science" and points to a 2006 paper in which Kanazawa took the mean IQ of various countries and used those to draw conclusions on their dedication to health care.

For example: Ethiopia has a mean IQ of 63. This low IQ explains why Ethiopia's health care system is awful, according to Kanazawa.

Talk about simplistic. Not only does this ignore the fact that IQ might better measure cognitive capabilities in the developed world, where it was designed, but it completely tunes out the fact that Ethiopia has been embroiled in wars for many years, which would appear to be a better explanation for why the health care system there hasn't developed to western levels yet.

"Intelligence is such a complex phenomenon -- there are multiple parameters," Myers says. "And IQ is extremely sensitive to social conditions. Kanazawa wants to reverse it and say that IQ is causing problematic social conditions."
Controversy Grows over Study Claiming Liberals and Atheists Are Smarter | Alternet

Old 10-10-2014, 09:57 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:

Awesome post! Wish I could rep again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies