Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:10 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In an interview with American Family Association's radio show, Huckabee expressed exasperation with the Republican party for not fighting gay marriage and abortion aggressively enough.

Spoiler
"If the Republicans wanna lose guys like me, and a whole bunch of still God-fearing Bible-believing people, go ahead and just abdicate on this issue, and go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter either," he said.

"Because at that point, you lose me, I'm gone," Huckabee continued."

Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving

He threatens to become an Independent. Yeah, an Independent who votes a straight GOP ticket.

I'm curious if this is an issue that many Conservatives believe in strongly enough to leave the GOP for. Or is Huckabee out there all alone?
I fully support 'Civil Unions' for any two consenting adults. I take the idea of a 'marriage' as an administrated circus like event. If you want a Civil Union, go to your county magistrate. If you want a marriage, go to your minister of affectation.

I would think Huckabee should have addressed his ultimatum to his religious leadership, while suggesting to the states to adopt a modification to their 'marriage license' terminology.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you quote him saying something which you find terrifying.
"If the Republicans wanna lose guys like me, and a whole bunch of still God-fearing Bible-believing people, go ahead and just abdicate on this issue, and go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter either," he said.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
nah, a simple GOODBYE will do!!

au revoir is "till we meet again", who wants to see him again?

look at me explaining what au revoir is to someone from Quebec... LOL
You don't have to explain anything to me. We haven't seen the last of Huckabee.
Goodbye means 'God be with You".

Last edited by weltschmerz; 10-09-2014 at 04:41 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 04:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

Smoke your joints while they are still legal,
because soon there will be a new sheriff in town
That's Ms. Sheriff, thank you very much.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:40 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
In an interview with American Family Association's radio show, Huckabee expressed exasperation with the Republican party for not fighting gay marriage and abortion aggressively enough.

"Because at that point, you lose me, I'm gone," Huckabee continued."

Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving

He threatens to become an Independent. Yeah, an Independent who votes a straight GOP ticket.

I'm curious if this is an issue that many Conservatives believe in strongly enough to leave the GOP for. Or is Huckabee out there all alone?
Ronald Reagan was once a Democrat. When asked why he left that party, he answered "I didn't....they left me".

Similarly, the GOP has left true conservatives and today pays little to no heed to conservative principle.

The other point that needs to be made here is that you need not be a God-fearing, Bible-believing person to care deeply about the "gay" marriage and abortion issues. Huckabee is by no means out there all alone and many who agree with him do so for reasons having nothing to do with the Bible.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Smoke your joints while they are still legal, because soon there will be a new sheriff in town.

people will keep smoking joints no matter what that religious buffoon does

Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Republicans need to leave guys like huckabee behind and focus on real small government and lower taxes, and not on how people run their personal lives.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:52 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You are terrified because he might leave tge GOP....... If that's the case, there probably aren't too many things which do not terrify you.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:55 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Ronald Reagan was once a Democrat. When asked why he left that party, he answered "I didn't....they left me".

Similarly, the GOP has left true conservatives and today pays little to no heed to conservative principle.

The other point that needs to be made here is that you need not be a God-fearing, Bible-believing person to care deeply about the "gay" marriage and abortion issues. Huckabee is by no means out there all alone and many who agree with him do so for reasons having nothing to do with the Bible.
Fair enough. So Conservatives should leave the GOP, as Huckabee suggests. Wanna bet how many do? And even if they decide to call themselves Independents or Libertarians, when they get into the voting booth they will pull the lever for the GOP anyway.

Huckabee is all talk, but the truth is, fundamentalists have nowhere else to go. They need the GOP as much as the GOP needs them. They're going nowhere. And as the country moves forward, they will become more and more marginalized within the party. Which works for me.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:04 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Fair enough. So Conservatives should leave the GOP, as Huckabee suggests. Wanna bet how many do? And even if they decide to call themselves Independents or Libertarians, when they get into the voting booth they will pull the lever for the GOP anyway.

Huckabee is all talk, but the truth is, fundamentalists have nowhere else to go. They need the GOP as much as the GOP needs them. They're going nowhere. And as the country moves forward, they will become more and more marginalized within the party. Which works for me.
What on earth makes you think the country is moving forward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies