Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 11:00 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I find it interesting how you on the left seem to cherish death. Though why should i be surprised you've snuffed out 56 million children the past 41 years.

Right of center Republican here and I support assisted suicide and a women's right to choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 11:07 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
My home is pretty clean not perfect but clean.. Regarding its their choice...So if one wanted to commit suicide for no apparent reason...hey according to you its there choice and no one else's business...right!!!
Yes, it is exactly that - their choice and none of anyone's business.

The first, most fundamental right is self-ownership. If you own your own life, then you own the right to end it for whatever reason you choose. To not be allowed to end your own life is to accept that someone other than you owns your life.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:31 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
My home is pretty clean not perfect but clean.. Regarding its their choice...So if one wanted to commit suicide for no apparent reason...hey according to you its there choice and no one else's business...right!!!

if your home were clean, you wouldn't find the need to tell others how they should think and/or feel.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:41 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,539 times
Quote:
if your home were clean, you wouldn't find the need to tell others how they should think and/or feel.
When it comes to life or death...I feel I should have the right to help someone choose "Life"....

Old 11-03-2014, 11:43 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,017,454 times
I don't have an issue with this woman's choice. I don't have an issue with her deciding when to end her life. I kind of have an issue with how everyone keeps saying it's death with dignity. I have relatives who died of cancer and ALS. They died with dignity even though the disease is what took their life. Even at the very end, in terrible pain, they died with dignity. I wish they would choose another way of expressing this because it makes it seem as though the people I lost to disease did not die with dignity because the disease took them versus choosing the time themselves.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I don't have an issue with this woman's choice. I don't have an issue with her deciding when to end her life. I kind of have an issue with how everyone keeps saying it's death with dignity. I have relatives who died of cancer and ALS. They died with dignity even though the disease is what took their life. Even at the very end, in terrible pain, they died with dignity. I wish they would choose another way of expressing this because it makes it seem as though the people I lost to disease did not die with dignity because the disease took them versus choosing the time themselves.
I really wish people wouldn't take what other people think and feel and apply it to their own lives and issues....people talk like they talk, no matter what you say or how you like it or not....you won't change them, however, what you can change is you, and you can control how you feel about what they say....

you will never control others, what they say, how they act, what they believe in....

how they decide to die....or not....it depends on the individual, how they were raised, what they were raised to believe and their choice of words.

It has nothing to do with you or your life, or the death of people you loved.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I really wish people wouldn't take what other people think and feel and apply it to their own lives and issues....people talk like they talk, no matter what you say or how you like it or not....you won't change them, however, what you can change is you, and you can control how you feel about what they say....

you will never control others, what they say, how they act, what they believe in....

how they decide to die....or not....it depends on the individual, how they were raised, what they were raised to believe and their choice of words.

It has nothing to do with you or your life, or the death of people you loved.
That's your perspective. As you are entitled to yours, I am entitled to mine. You cannot say that my perspective is wrong because it's my opinion. I don't want to control what others say as much as bring to the forefront that saying this can bring an impression that to die any other way is without dignity. This woman had the right to say anything she wanted. The fact that assisted suicide is now synonymous with 'dying with dignity' is something else. It's become a slogan.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
When it comes to life or death...I feel I should have the right to help someone choose "Life"....
not if they don't want to choose it, your stickin your nose where it doesn't belong.

Do you honestly think that this woman, thought about it for a moment like it was a whim? I don't believe so....what she probably thought about was those that love her, and she didn't want them to watch her slowly die.

another thing....you have no idea, and neither do I, know what it's like to live out a life, in pain, what it's like to lay there and vomit all over yourself, or mess your pants and have someone else wipe your butt....
you have no idea and neither do I, what it's like to slow loose control over everything in your entire life.....
to have someone else bath you, wash your body, change your sheets, etc. She probably didn't want to put that responsibility on anyone else, it is draining and very difficult to take care of someone like that. Especially someone you love. Woman can take that a bit easier, then men.

This was her choice....period...and no one else's business....
and as far as her and God, and where they stand, well, I suppose they are discussing it right now.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's your perspective. As you are entitled to yours, I am entitled to mine. You cannot say that my perspective is wrong because it's my opinion. I don't want to control what others say as much as bring to the forefront that saying this can bring an impression that to die any other way is without dignity. This woman had the right to say anything she wanted. The fact that assisted suicide is now synonymous with 'dying with dignity' is something else. It's become a slogan.
This is a free world, the last time I looked, and b/c of people like it, it is fastly becoming a not so free world....
and yes you are telling other people what to think and feel. you can, of course disagree, but there are many people out there, who pay large amounts of money to make this sort of thing illegal....so I say again,
mind your own business. Your free to feel as you do, but when it comes to someone else's life, mind your own business. It has nothing to do with you, your life, etc.
I'm sick to death of people who think and believe they can tell others what to say and how to think, b/c they are offended....

Old 11-03-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This is a free world, the last time I looked, and b/c of people like it, it is fastly becoming a not so free world....
and yes you are telling other people what to think and feel. you can, of course disagree, but there are many people out there, who pay large amounts of money to make this sort of thing illegal....so I say again,
mind your own business. Your free to feel as you do, but when it comes to someone else's life, mind your own business.
Then you need to reread what I said. I said it bothered me. Didn't say "all people must stop saying this immediately". Just noting to say one thing may imply another. Apparently, you want me to shut up and go away. Sorry, not gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies