Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times

Advertisements

That family has two choices....pander to this absolutely insane mentality that people are force feeding as being normal,and accepted, and this purple penguin can live a life on the fringes of society, mentally troubled.

Or the family can instill some discipline and guidance and say, 'Tom. You are a boy. Boys don't wear dresses, and you are going to cut your hair. Now let's go throw around the football.'

And in ten years, when the only panties Tom slips in are those of his prom date, HIS parents can say, 'gee, aren't you glad we gave some life guidance to our seven year old child.'

I wanted to be a trash man when I was seven. While there's nothing wrong with trash men, I'm glad my parents didn't let me drop out of school to prepare for a life of picking up trash, they gave me direction in life, which at times, seven year olds need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My niece (6) has a friend (7) who identifies as a girl - has long hair, wears dresses, plays with "girl toys," wants to be called "she", etc - despite being anatomically male.

My niece is in no way confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 03:27 PM

148 posts, read 149,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wonder, who determines if Snopes is accurate?
Yeah, "Who guards the guardians"?
Factcheck.org helps.

Quote:
Snopes has proven itself to be progressive biased.
Whoops, turns out they're not, despite what reputable websites such as Stormfront and Free Republic might say.

Snopes.com

The fact that people are still bitching about this story even after it's been proven to be fundamentally exaggerated is dumb, and I'm dumb for participating in it. I should go for a bike ride or something.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:36 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
Whoops, turns out they're not, despite what reputable websites such as Stormfront and Free Republic might say.

Snopes.com

The fact that people are still bitching about this story even after it's been proven to be fundamentally exaggerated is dumb, and I'm dumb for participating in it. I should go for a bike ride or something.
Snopes at least leans left, at least in my opinion. What got me was that there were some firearm/gun control related rumors/claims. Snopes listed their investigation as pending or something along those lines. Even though I could look up an actual gun control bill on my states legislative website, the brains over at Snopes couldn't find it? Even when the rumor/claim, which was mandatory firearm micro-stamping, listed numerous states even. Those folks just didn't want to be bothered to state it was true and that Democrats were trying another attempt at gun control. Then maybe within a year, or two, they completely washed that rumor/claim from their page, thus protecting gun-control Democrats. They might not be diehard progressives, but that one action that I witnessed definitely puts them in the group of those agenda-driven websites.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:35 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My niece (6) has a friend (7) who identifies as a girl - has long hair, wears dresses, plays with "girl toys," wants to be called "she", etc - despite being anatomically male.

My niece is in no way confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
That family has two choices....pander to this absolutely insane mentality that people are force feeding as being normal,and accepted, and this purple penguin can live a life on the fringes of society, mentally troubled.

Or the family can instill some discipline and guidance and say, 'Tom. You are a boy. Boys don't wear dresses, and you are going to cut your hair. Now let's go throw around the football.'

And in ten years, when the only panties Tom slips in are those of his prom date, HIS parents can say, 'gee, aren't you glad we gave some life guidance to our seven year old child.'

I wanted to be a trash man when I was seven. While there's nothing wrong with trash men, I'm glad my parents didn't let me drop out of school to prepare for a life of picking up trash, they gave me direction in life, which at times, seven year olds need.

Not really much to "compare: as you can't drop out of school at 7.

Your comments about "Tom" and the "way to go!" attitude of prom sex is a bit sexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies