Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It appears this was not a sterling character to begin with. Even in the video you can hear an officer ask "what did you do with the gun?"
You can't set a ferocious dog on a handcuffed man because you think he may not have "sterling character."

That's just extremely lame conduct by the officer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
As long as this was happening pretty much only to black people whites didn't care. Over the last few years they've been doing it to us (the guy with a broken spine that got tased 19 times for "refusing" to get out of bed was white), so it's getting attention.

Shoulda nipped it in the bud decades ago. Too late now.
They have been doing this sh*t to whites for along time. My brother was a victim back in the 60's in an elevator with disorderly PO, in Long Beach, CA. I would guess whites tend to move on from the incident, others see lawsuits.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You can't set a ferocious dog on a handcuffed man because you think he may not have "sterling character."

That's just extremely lame conduct by the officer.
If you noticed they allowed the dog to stay in an aggressive behaviour, then let go of leash, no accident!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:01 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They have been doing this sh*t to whites for along time. My brother was a victim back in the 60's in an elevator with disorderly PO, in Long Beach, CA. I would guess whites tend to move on from the incident, others see lawsuits.
It didn't become a serious problem until after 9/11 when every podunk cop was armed like Rambo.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
More specifically a lawless unaccountable police state wherein some laws are enforced and others not.

They certainly found no wrong doing at the IRS or ATF, meanwhile they ignore court orders and their own legal mandates because they don't want to **** off voters before an election.

Dodad pro anyone?

http://www.newsweek.com/controversy-...l-donors-91747
^^^^^^^^^^

Old 10-12-2014, 08:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think every citizen who experiences such conduct by the police should sue the force that protects these cops. The only way a problem is addressed is by forcing the issue into the light.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The officer should be arrested for assault. If anyone other than LE did this they would be prosecuted.
Its not 100% clear what happened here. If he intentionally released the dog he should be charged. If the dog just got away its likely a civil action. Just as if uiur dog bit someone.

The problem is these civil actions don't target the one at fault but rather the taxpayers.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I think he let go of the lead.

I have been hospitalized form being drug by one of our hounds.......but, I did not let go of the lead.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:37 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If he had not moved, the dog wouldn't have attacked.
If the handler was competent, the dog would have never gotten loosen. Now if you and I owned an aggressive dog you someone acted in manner that would put our dog in a protective attitude and we lost control of the dog, no one would even try to excuse our negligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A police dog is well trained...
Hardly, a "well trained" dog will drop the bite upon verbal command by the handler.

Quote:
It appears this was not a sterling character to begin with. Even in the video you can hear an officer ask "what did you do with the gun?"
Funny thing about the law and the Constitution, they don't make distinctions regarding one's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think every citizen who experiences such conduct by the police should sue the force that protects these cops. The only way a problem is addressed is by forcing the issue into the light.
Herein lies the problem, you and I pay literally tens of millions of dollars each and every year as a result of lawsuits brought against municipalities as the result of police misconduct, but the individual officers don't have to pay a dime because they are indemnified by their agencies. If we want stop police abuse, the quickest and most certain way would to make individual officers share in the personal responsibilities of their actions.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:54 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Until we stop allowing psychopaths to be hired in law enforcement, this kind of thing will continue.
Law enforcement attracts people who are anti social and gives them cover for their crimes against citizens.
Your local school yard bullies, grow up to become your local law enforcement, only now they can fulfill their psychopathic desires without fear of paying any price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies