Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Have you ever worked in management at a managed care company? No? I didn't think so. You get notices in the mail at what you see as a "routine basis."

What i'm telling you is that Republicans, via managed care ARE RUNNING Obama-Care. THE INSURANCE COMPANIES CAMPAIGNED for it. Not the ones you see on TV, the ones who run the companies behind the scenes.
And I'm telling you that you're wrong. It's irrelevant what political party the CEO of an insurance company belongs to - what matters is what party the politicians who vote on it and the administrators who set the regulations belong to, and that party is the Democrat party.
Quote:
The Democrats ARE running away from Obamacare because there IS NO SINGLE PAYER OPTION. Why do you think that is?
Nonsense. They voted for it. They aren't running away from something that they voted for because an option wasn't in it. They are the ones who didn't put it in. Your statement is laughably ridiculous. They're running away from it because it has been a disaster. They thought that once it was implemented the poll numbers would rise and they'd be fine. But then they failed on the rollout and the poll numbers didn't go up. Now it is nearing election time and the polls show that the people still don't like Obamacare. They're running from it because it doesn't have a single payer option? Ludicrous.
Quote:
Wake-up and read-up.

"READ HARDER NEXT TIME."
I'll make a deal with you. You say something that isn't nothing more than a transparently obvious attempt at blameshifting and I'll put more effort into reading harder.
Quote:
Or maybe I worked in management at multiple insurance companies (public and private.)

And/or maybe some protocols have been changed post-ACA.

And/or maybe this release of info is up to the individual states (see post re Florida above.)

And/or again, people just need to perpetuate the Obama "ruined the insurance industry" myth when all he has done is make it more lucrative for big businesses.

The answer?
D: All of the above.
I couldn't care less that you worked in insurance. You think that makes you an expert? It doesn't. I don't fall for the appeal to authority fallacy. Your statements should stand or fall on their own.

It's irrelevant whether protocols have been changed post-ACA because HHS is run by Democrat appointees. So it's still Democrats who are doing it.

It can't be a myth when it hasn't been implemented yet. You might as well say that it's a myth that he hasn't ruined the insurance industry. The ACA hasn't been fully implemented yet. You can't make judgments like that yet, so this is just you making yet another weak attempt at deflecting and blameshifting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 05:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
"Obama administration officials told the AP that Americans will not be able to find out if their health insurance premiums are going up "until the second week of November," which conveniently falls after Americans will go to the polls November 4th."

Obama To Hide ObamaCare Rates Till After Election Day - Fox Nation
.... And back here in the real world we have actual information...

Analysis of 2015 Premium Changes in the Affordable Care Act’s Health Insurance Marketplaces | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

http://kff.org/health-reform/press-r...plans-in-2015/

Old 10-12-2014, 05:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
People act like this is the first time they have ever had to interact with insurance companies. The companies I have worked for we would typically find out in November what changes would be to our plan and if we were switching insurance companies or not. We as employees had no say in what our insurance would be, we had no choice other than do you want insurance or not.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 AM

Looks like Fox News viewers are still some of the least informed when it comes to information in reality.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:06 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Gee, I enrolled through the ACA and I got a letter two weeks ago informing me what my premium will be in 2015. I guess my insurance company didn't get the memo. Ironically, I didn't get my voter's pamphlet until yesterday.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:08 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
I'm glad I'm a law breaker and don't pay into this fascist racket!

Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I'm glad I'm a law breaker and don't pay into this fascist racket!
Good for you, sticking it to the man by not getting health insurance for yourself....don't get hurt or sick.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:56 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
"Obama administration officials told the AP that Americans will not be able to find out if their health insurance premiums are going up "until the second week of November," which conveniently falls after Americans will go to the polls November 4th."

Obama To Hide ObamaCare Rates Till After Election Day - Fox Nation
Deceitful and dishonest has become the pattern and strategy for the PPACA rollout and most disturbing is the obliviousness of so many Obama supporters. They cling to their gang culture and accept any unethical behavior because Obama represnts the law and anything he does must be right.

Obama is the product, fortunately with an expiration date of 8 years, it is the electorate who supports him that is the source of endless pain.

Too bad we don't have a public education program where kids can go to school and learn how to think critically.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, we'd hear non stop

"If only those republicans expanded Medicaid in those 21 states, then there would be enough people to pressure downward costs"..

Yes, some people believe that...
Like in Michigan.

Where contractors with millions of dollars in equipment got Medicaid???

Just how does what save money???

Old 10-12-2014, 09:28 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
This list appears to be the States that set up their own exchanges. The article in the OP is about those in the Federal exchange - rules are different.

Here you go - this is the Health and Human Services Proposed Rule change (which did become final).

We already know that information on the Federal Exchange (which is most states) won't be available until the second week in November - Open enrollment season runs Nov. 15 through Feb. 15. Coverage can start as early as Jan. 1. (what are the odds that they keep extending that 2/15 deadline like they did last year?). They "hope" to Auto-Enroll up to 95% of the people already enrolled - 87% of them already have subsidies. I'm sure that everyone who either got a raise in pay, had a child, lost a dependent, lost a job or moved into a new domicile .... has informed the Federal Government within the mandated 30 day window - your "subsidy" will be the same as last year unless you informed the Government of the "Change". Tax credits will be reconciled (changed as necessary) based on your 2015 Tax Return.

A big concern for TeamO was getting the people who signed up last year to 'renew' their coverage. This new Rule provides a FIX for that. You will automatically be renewed into your plan (even if there is a cheaper one). IF your plan is no longer available - you will automatically be put into a different plan (cost & benefits could be either higher OR lower) and you will find out later what they signed you up for.

Best part of the entire thing is that it is going to be AFTER the Mid-Term election (extremely important) and your One Month window to be covered by Jan 1, 2015 includes both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

PS -- make sure to locate your 14 character identifier number, or you can't "change" anything on your own. Unfortunately - the Federal Exchange had hoped to be able to provide this crucial number on their web-site, but will be unable to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies