Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Actually there are libertarian policies, such as ending the war on drugs, that would benefit all of us and the inner cities much more. I do not see Rand stating we need to give blacks free stuff.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually there are libertarian policies, such as ending the war on drugs, that would benefit all of us and the inner cities much more. I do not see Rand stating we need to give blacks free stuff.
That's the only response Conservatives are capable of when it comes to blacks. They cannot possibly see the black community in any other way. And then they confess confusion why blacks won't vote for them. Not the sharpest tools in the shed, those Conservatives. Rand is giving them way too much credit if he thinks they can understand his point.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:36 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That's the only response Conservatives are capable of when it comes to blacks. They cannot possibly see the black community in any other way. And then they confess confusion why blacks won't vote for them. Not the sharpest tools in the shed, those Conservatives. Rand is giving them way too much credit if he thinks they can understand his point.
Yep, a lot of people on CD see Blacks as less than human.... which shows why the GOP is a joke of a party.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Yep, a lot of people on CD see Blacks as less than human.... which shows why the GOP is a joke of a party.
I don't see a LOT of posters like that..you have been here long enough to know that that type get rooted out of here pretty fast...as for Rand Paul's biggest mistake? I think he's made two..first is thinking that anyone believes anything he says and the second is that Jerry Lee Lewis hairdo he is rockin'.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,745 times
And minorities in general.

I used to teach ESL to immigrants in NYC and I was often amazed at the diversity of opinions I got from my students. Many of my Hispanic students often espoused very conservative views on the economy, religion, gay rights and even welfare. But then I asked them, "If you could vote, which party would you vote for?" They almost always answered "Democrat" or "Obama." I then asked them "why" because much of what the Dems stand for is runs contrary to what you believe. And they would normally respond that at least the Dems respect immigrants/Hispanics. I had similar discussions like this with many of our Asian immigrant students as well.

It comes down to respect and if these groups don't feel respected by the GOP, the GOP is not going to get their votes (if they ever become citizens).

This is also true of black US citizens. They are often more conservative than their white counterparts, but because they don't feel respected in the GOP, they vote Dem.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
And minorities in general.

I used to teach ESL to immigrants in NYC and I was often amazed at the diversity of opinions I got from my students. Many of my Hispanic students often espoused very conservative views on the economy, religion, gay rights and even welfare. But then I asked them, "If you could vote, which party would you vote for?" They almost always answered "Democrat" or "Obama." I then asked them "why" because much of what the Dems stand for is runs contrary to what you believe. And they would normally respond that at least the Dems respect immigrants/Hispanics. I had similar discussions like this with many of our Asian immigrant students as well.

It comes down to respect and if these groups don't feel respected by the GOP, the GOP is not going to get their votes (if they ever become citizens).

This is also true of black US citizens. They are often more conservative than their white counterparts, but because they don't feel respected in the GOP, they vote Dem.
Good post.

Conservatives would respond by saying that these students are being kept "on the plantation" by the Democrats. And they wouldn't understand how that attitude is exactly why they can't get the minority vote. Like I said, not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:20 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,930 times
I've always thought black people are a potential political gold mine for the GOP. Black Americans are a very conservative group of people as a whole, despite many believing they are all liberals due to the fact they vote for the party that doesn't hate them and offers to provide their poor with benefits.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:28 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
The black vote is all but irrelevant. The new minority bloc that matters to either political party is Hispanics. Black people had 50 years of hand holding from the federal government and Democrats have moved on. Why? Because there's no longer any political capital in a tried and true black voter monoliths. Why put resources into a locked-in voter base? Barack Obama has ignored black people for this very reason. What is there to gain when the vote is already there?

Tyrone has been supplanted Juan. Black people realize this....that's why they are becoming an even louder squeaky wheel.

Rand Paul is wrong......Republicans should not specifically court black people as they have been bought by Democrats..... Republicans also have more to gain from Hispanics because Hispanics share conservative ideals and have not **yet** been bought. That's where the opportunity is.... not black people.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Confess confusion why black people don't vote for Republicans? That's stupid. I don't think there's a single Republican in this country who is confused as to why black people vote Democrat.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Confess confusion why black people don't vote for Republicans? That's stupid. I don't think there's a single Republican in this country who is confused as to why black people vote Democrat.
Oh, I know, they will claim it's because the Democrats have kept them on the plantation, right? It has nothing to do with the lack of respect they get from Republicans in general, right?

Go back and reread the post by bolehboleh. Republicans truly don't get it. And they don't care to try. Good luck convincing Hispanics that they will fare any better with the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies