Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:30 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,714,907 times

Advertisements

You guys are all giving answers, but you're not giving answers to the question I asked. I'm asking people who voted for Romney or any other GOP candidate why they voted for them over Huntsman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,316,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you understand how our Presidential Election system works? The Party doesn't "run" a candidate. First, a candidate "chooses" to run. Then, the candidate must win many primaries (by vote of the public) and then win the "nod" of the Party at the convention. That is the only sense in which the Party selects a candidate.
In fact I do know how our election system works. Please don't be naive enough to think that the party establishment has no role in selecting a candidate. They control the lions share of the PAC money that funds the campaigns through the primaries. Money = Votes. Most voters aren't informed enough to make choices based on anything more than the 30 second attack ads that they see on TV. If a candidate isn't supported by the party establishment, they simply aren't fiscally competitive.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,344,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
You guys are all giving answers, but you're not giving answers to the question I asked. I'm asking people who voted for Romney or any other GOP candidate why they voted for them over Huntsman.
I voted for Gary Johnson instead. If I recall Huntsmans record as Gov is not all that good and Johnson had a better record.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,038,933 times
John Huntsman was Obama's ambassador to China. Why in the hell would we vote for someone who is cozy with this worthless sitting President????

Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 AM

24,624 posts, read 19,049,191 times
Quote:
Recently I was reviewing some old videos of the debates from 2012 and it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates.
He was the most intelligent since Taft.

There's a petition on the web to get him to run again.

I signed it...

Mircea

Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,714,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
John Huntsman was Obama's ambassador to China. Why in the hell would we vote for someone who is cozy with this worthless sitting President????
Does that include everyone who served their country under Obama? Bureaucrats? FBI? Military? Are they all unfit for higher office because they served under Obama?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,822,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yep. Can't have anyone who is willing to serve their country if the opposition party is in the White House. That would be un-American, right Aero?

Old 10-12-2014, 10:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,419,494 times
Quote:
Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, And Serving Your Country

Recently I was reviewing some old videos of the debates from 2012 and it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates. Looking at the above interaction between Romney and Huntsman shows me that he was a far better candidate than Romney because he actually understood the limitations of what we could do in our foreign policy. And even though I don't agree with him on a number of things, I would have been more than happy to have had him as president.

Anybody who voted for Romney or any of the other candidates in the 2012 GOP primaries, could you give me your reasoning?
It's a great question, but the reality is the voting base is so radicalized by the current crop of Republicans in office, and the torrent of red meat television, internet, and other electronic media sites that this low information voting base will always tune out the intelligent and rational GOP candidate.

I also believe that is exactly by design.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:41 AM

58,523 posts, read 26,824,792 times
Quote:
Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, And Serving Your Country

Recently I was reviewing some old videos of the debates from 2012 and it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates. Looking at the above interaction between Romney and Huntsman shows me that he was a far better candidate than Romney because he actually understood the limitations of what we could do in our foreign policy. And even though I don't agree with him on a number of things, I would have been more than happy to have had him as president.

Anybody who voted for Romney or any of the other candidates in the 2012 GOP primaries, could you give me your reasoning?
" it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates..."

Opinions are like a.....

It is clear not that many do agreed with you, which is why he LOST out during the primaries.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:44 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,640,157 times
A much better question is why Jon Huntsman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies