Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:58 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's heartbreaking news for the patient; she more than any of us knows the effects of Ebola and has seen it take a life. She must be absolutely terrified. I feel so sorry for her, so so so sorry. I'm praying for her.
If I were her I would demand alternative treatments, rather than those they know won't work.

They don't KNOW that various silver compounds and states won't work.

The medical corporate complex won't even test alternative treatments on animals.

It's up to the patient to treat herself.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

It's up to the patient to treat herself.
Sorry, they won't let her.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's heartbreaking news for the patient; she more than any of us knows the effects of Ebola and has seen it take a life. She must be absolutely terrified. I feel so sorry for her, so so so sorry. I'm praying for her.
especially when she was just doing her job to help this patient. It is so very sad

Old 10-13-2014, 09:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Looks like a nurse has contracted this disease.

She had all protective gear on and still contracted the disease.

I don't think she traded semen with the first victim (Duncan). I don't think she French kissed him, so how in the world did she get it? They say she might have broke protocol by perhaps touching her nose, mouth or eyes. Highly unlikely, I think this is airborne but of course the CDC says it is not. A Canadian Ebola study says it could be.
I think the CDC and the WHO is not forthcoming in their explanation of the deadly disease.

Ebola outbreak: Texas nurse tests positive - CNN.com
CDC director: Second case of Ebola in US result of 'breach of protocol' | Fox News
She didn't even sit next to him on the bus.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry Pancake View Post
Likely there was a break in safety protocol!

I'm sure they will figure it out!
but that is the problem. We have our government telling us the chances for an Ebola outbreak are extremely low, and even trained professionals with hazmat suits are catching the virus.

Is our government just exhibiting hubris, or are they flat out lying to us, so we will not bring an end to open borders and tolerate nearly non-existent border and immigration enforcement?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:51 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
but that is the problem. We have our government telling us the chances for an Ebola outbreak are extremely low, and even trained professionals with hazmat suits are catching the virus.

Is our government just exhibiting hubris, or are they flat out lying to us, so we will not bring an end to open borders and tolerate nearly non-existent border and immigration enforcement?
Or they're telling the truth. I count 1 person contracting Ebola in the US.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:02 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Visiting NFL fans to Cowboys games are even taking this seriously.

Texans Fans Troll Dallas Cowboys With Ebola Jokes And Hazmat Suits

Old 10-13-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Or they're telling the truth. I count 1 person contracting Ebola in the US.
I gues "extremely low" was assuming 330 million people all wearing hazmat suits, eh?

We are not doing anything to prevent an epidemic. People can enter this country with Ebola, we do a rudementary check and allow them to disappear into our population, and then a week later they can become sick, and start spreading the virus.

We are holding to luck, nothing more. It's like checking for AIDS with a thermometer, and then engaging in unprotected sex, and trusting that our luck holds out.

Meanwhile: WHO says Ebola is 'most severe acute health emergency in modern times' - Telegraph

The Ebola outbreak is the "most severe acute health emergency in modern times", the World Health Organisation has warned.

The agency's director-general Margaret Chan said the epidemic had proved "the world is ill-prepared to respond to any severe, sustained, and threatening public health emergency".

Old 10-13-2014, 10:29 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I gues "extremely low" was assuming 330 million people all wearing hazmat suits, eh?

We are not doing anything to prevent an epidemic. People can enter this country with Ebola, we do a rudementary check and allow them to disappear into our population, and then a week later they can become sick, and start spreading the virus.

We are holding to luck, nothing more. It's like checking for AIDS with a thermometer, and then engaging in unprotected sex, and trusting that our luck holds out.

Meanwhile: WHO says Ebola is 'most severe acute health emergency in modern times' - Telegraph

The Ebola outbreak is the "most severe acute health emergency in modern times", the World Health Organisation has warned.

The agency's director-general Margaret Chan said the epidemic had proved "the world is ill-prepared to respond to any severe, sustained, and threatening public health emergency".
We have Ponderosa on record stating he predicts that within 2 years, Ebola will kill millions of Americans in America.

What's your prediction for the number of dead Americans on American soil from this outbreak of Ebola?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:37 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not airborne.

Logic......

The air in a transcontinental flight is recirculated and recycled every 25 minutes. Most the colds and flu I've ever caught, I caught on a plane. If it was airborne, all the passengers on Duncan's flight would be showing symptoms by now.
Air on a commercial airliner comes from a mixture of recirculated air and engine bleed air which are both released through the outflow valve. Air is constantly moved around and certainly isn't only 'recycled' every 25 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies