Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If your leaders are corrupt, so to will your people be!!!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
― Edmund Burke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 08:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and in the last month gangs and thugs have killed more americans, than in the last 10 years of accidental killings by cops
While I believe your statement true, it can not be proven because there is no statistical evidence gathered on accidental killings by cops. It's another one of those things that could be done, with little effort, but it's determined the public does not need to know. Better to stick your head in the sand than shed light on a problem. The thinking is, how can there be a problem, if no proof exist of the problem.

It goes to the bigger question of accountability for which many departments resist any change on the matter.

Last edited by phma; 10-16-2014 at 08:38 AM..

Old 10-16-2014, 09:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
While I believe your statement true, it can not be proven because there is no statistical evidence gathered on accidental killings by cops. It's another one of those things that could be done, with little effort, but it's determined the public does not need to know. Better to stick your head in the sand than shed light on a problem. The thinking is, how can there be a problem, if no proof exist of the problem.

It goes to the bigger question of accountability for which many departments resist any change on the matter.

The IRS took that tactic....
How can there be an issue, if no proof exists.

In history, many times, the people lynched the Sheriff, for corruption and oppression.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,591,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Rouge police have killed more innocent Americans, than ISIS and EBOLA combined."

Do you really think comparing ANYTHING from a 250 year old country and a 2 year old terrorist group is fair?

I used to think better of you.
250 years of wars and conquest, no one counted the death for the 250 years ? so the comparison is right !

Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by Quick Enough
"Rouge police have killed more innocent Americans, than ISIS and EBOLA combined."

Do you really think comparing ANYTHING from a 250 year old country and a 2 year old terrorist group is fair?

I used to think better of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
250 years of wars and conquest, no one counted the death for the 250 years ? so the comparison is right !
I think the entire notion of comparing local leo's to violent international terrorists bent on killing every Christian and Jew they can find is manic and absurd. Melissa Harris Perry is a race baiting hack, and a moron. MSNBC and her deserve each other, and they can go down in ratings flames hugging each other.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:44 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
I think the folks who think Police cause Problems, aren't considering the alternative. The alternative would be the "people" doing the "Policing." Might stop Crime more effectively by letting Citizens groups be "Police." Then these folks would really have something to cry about. Would not have to worry about arresting Looters. Just shoot them. Be thankful there are Police out there that do abide by the Law, and protect even criminals from being lynched or just shot.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How many innocent people have the police killed in the last year?

I don't know but, in an article about why Americans should be more afraid of the police than terrorists, it is pointed out that:

U.S. police have killed over 5,000 civilians since 9/11.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Old 11-27-2014, 10:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
if u are worried about being murdered the least of your worries is a white guy

With the following exception
unless he is armed and u have decided to cuss him out and jump on him and go for his gun

Old 12-12-2014, 07:28 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Default Sounds right, but not the whole picture.

You make it sound like a lot, with no particular context or comparisons, and only means something to the uninformed. Consider this, for just one year, which is not over yet. Consider this, and then tell me how important your figure is.

There have been 15919 Homicides this year
There have been 10891 gun murders so far this year.
There have been 23695 Drug Abuse Deaths so far
There have been 14214 Overdose Deaths so far
There have been 32037 Deaths for Drinking and Driving
There have been 5675 Fools that killed themselves or others, TEXTING and driving.

Seems like idiots TEXTING have killed more Civilians this year, than Police have killed since 9/11.

5000 people is not a big number when you consider that about 50,000, to 60,000 Police get Assaulted, in the line of duty, every year, by folks who are trying to kill or harm them.

Sorry, but you have no point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know but, in an article about why Americans should be more afraid of the police than terrorists, it is pointed out that:

U.S. police have killed over 5,000 civilians since 9/11.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Old 12-12-2014, 08:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mellisa Harris Perry, said she feared blue flashing lights, more than she feared ISIS or EBOLA.

I have to say, she may be right.
Rouge police have killed more innocent Americans, than ISIS and EBOLA combined.

In other words, as a Constitutional Conservative, I see her point.
Bad diet and lack of exercise are even a greater threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies