Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
Mellisa Harris Perry, said she feared blue flashing lights, more than she feared ISIS or EBOLA.
She seems to be wide awake which is good!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 07:16 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
How many innocent people have the police killed in the last year?
How many innocent people have blacks killed in Chicago last year?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
She needs to go to Iraq then and stop calling the police or convince her neighbors not to.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Just because Mellisa Harris Perry is a MSNBC personality, doesn't mean she is always wrong.
yeah she is. A total tool

Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"Did you know that in just three days this week (October 7-9), six cops were shot in the line of duty, one of whom was killed?

October 7: Chicago, IL – One officer, a captain, is shot twice — once in the face, once in the chest. Other officers at the scene take fire and are pinned down by the suspect.

October 8: North Las Vegas, NV – An officer is shot during a gunfight with a suspect.

October 8: Phoenix, AZ – An officer is shot in the face while on a traffic stop. The suspects flee and the officer calls for help. Two other officers arrive and start rendering aid, only to come under fire from the suspects who circle back and attack the responding officers.

October 8: Oklahoma City, OK – Two officers are shot by a suspect during the same event.

October 9: Midland County, TX – Sgt. Mike Naylor is shot and killed while responding to a report of a sexual assault.

Where are those stories in the national news?"

"Police Officer: Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything" Deputy Matt, Daily Caller
The Rodney King inncident, changed everything....
and those officers were definately bad cops!

I have said this before and I'll say it again....I've seen how animalistic human beings can be....and yes, there are bad cops, but there are way more good cops.

I just saw a report this a.m. on the news about some salon giving away free wigs, there were hundreds of woman standing outfront, and they were getting pushy, and loud....starting to fight with one another....there were only a few cops there, so they set off tear gas...rightfully so, but someone reported that they thought those cops were being excessive..... Unbelievable....has anyone ever seen how quickly black women can be violent...? I have, they are worse then the men sometimes, and if your going to continually bash cops, then you've had a run in with them....

There were 7 officers shot in the line of duty, just last week.....but no one reports on that?

Yes, there are bad cops, but certainly not as many bad cops as good cops....
and the ones who are complaining, either know nothing, or have had a run in with the law....

it's just like the guy who walked down the middle of town this summer with a rifle, just to get a rise out of police, pushing the envelope. He was filming the police with his cell....and police came from everywhere...b/c they received a call, the stupid kid said, "I'm simply exercising my rights". The cops did nothing but observe him, however, the kid was trying very hard to start something, or push the envelope. You don't walk down the middle of town with a rifle in hand, and not expect the cops to show up?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:37 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954
How many innocent people have the police killed in the last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
How many innocent people have blacks killed in Chicago last year?
I was trying to get a number from BentBow about how many innocent people the police have killed in the last year. Of course it does happen there are hundreds of thousands of police in the US. But it does not happen that frequently.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:40 AM

How many innocent people are killed every single day in Philly by stray bullets.

Anyone in these forums who actually believe crime is mild, or close to non-existant have another thing coming....walk up people, anyone who makes statements like this are out of touch with what is really going on.....

Old 10-13-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You missed my point. What does it say about the media, including Ms. Harris-Perry, who makes a victim out of a criminal, and ignores the good guys being injured and killed trying to keep society safe?
she must be looking for ratings....not to mention, she is a woman, she is black and will probably be running for a political career...so.....
or she is so completely out of touch, with reality, it is insane....however, I believe it's the later, anyone who can make a statement like that is truly out of touch.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:45 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
"Did you know that in just three days this week (October 7-9), six cops were shot in the line of duty, one of whom was killed?

October 7: Chicago, IL – One officer, a captain, is shot twice — once in the face, once in the chest. Other officers at the scene take fire and are pinned down by the suspect.

October 8: North Las Vegas, NV – An officer is shot during a gunfight with a suspect.

October 8: Phoenix, AZ – An officer is shot in the face while on a traffic stop. The suspects flee and the officer calls for help. Two other officers arrive and start rendering aid, only to come under fire from the suspects who circle back and attack the responding officers.

October 8: Oklahoma City, OK – Two officers are shot by a suspect during the same event.

October 9: Midland County, TX – Sgt. Mike Naylor is shot and killed while responding to a report of a sexual assault.

Where are those stories in the national news?"

"Police Officer: Trust Me, Ferguson Changed Everything" Deputy Matt, Daily Caller
There was also a case in my area (Long Island) where a policeman was run down. I believe he is in critical condition.
I looked it up is was from a few weeks ago.
Driver accused of running down Suffolk Officer Nicholas Guerrero faces arraignment on indictment, DA says - Newsday

Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
There was also a case in my area (Long Island) where a policeman was run down. I believe he is in critical condition.
I looked it up is was from a few weeks ago.
Driver accused of running down Suffolk Officer Nicholas Guerrero faces arraignment on indictment, DA says - Newsday

if some of these so called experts on police brutality, would get out there and see what is really going on and what happens to police officers, maybe they'd wake up...but they refuse to do so and the media is not helping anything....the only time they report someting is when a local police officer is shot....
you don't hear about all the officers that are shot, run over or wounded in the line of duty....and ya want to know why? Because cities don't want people to know, it hurt tourism....believe me, I know this, b/c a mayor of Philly hide police reports, and so do other major cities.

over 20 years ago, we had a friend who was a state police officer, and he told us, half the stuff that happens, doesn't make the news....

I wish people that made statements like this thread, realized how utterly out of touch they sound and people buy this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies