Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As usual, you "thought" WRONG!
no wonder they think "all" of any part of something are all identical....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 09:18 AM

Realists have a firm grip on reality and can see things for what they are, not what they are told they are. Realists have their own views and do not fall victim to propaganda, misconception, or titles!

Old 10-14-2014, 09:32 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
The USA reacts a little squirrelly when it comes to shedding light on Police misconduct. We seem to mistake our policemen/women for NATO - an attack on one is an attack on all. Just because the bad ones are called out (and busted on camera, for instance) doesn't mean that all cops are bad. HOWEVER, why do we give special dispensation to them and not to others like: our soldiers, our doctors, our lawyers, our politicians, our businessmen, etc. . . They have a tough job to do, but they need to be held accountable as well due to the authority/power they wield. The fact that there are good and bad in that sector of society is natural as it is found in EVERY sector of society. To point out the bad doesn't equate to an attack on all cops (but many do exaggerate as if they are all jack-booted thugs inherently). Shoulder & dash cams are a good way to protect the good cops and weed out the (or keep in check) the bad ones. No one particular measure will be sufficient to stop all bad cops or protect our good ones, but every bit helps. In God we trust, everyone else we have to have accountability.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The USA reacts a little squirrelly when it comes to shedding light on Police misconduct. We seem to mistake our policemen/women for NATO - an attack on one is an attack on all. Just because the bad ones are called out (and busted on camera, for instance) doesn't mean that all cops are bad. HOWEVER, why do we give special dispensation to them and not to others like: our soldiers, our doctors, our lawyers, our politicians, our businessmen, etc. . . They have a tough job to do, but they need to be held accountable as well due to the authority/power they wield. The fact that there are good and bad in that sector of society is natural as it is found in EVERY sector of society. To point out the bad doesn't equate to an attack on all cops (but many do exaggerate as if they are all jack-booted thugs inherently). Shoulder & dash cams are a good way to protect the good cops and weed out the (or keep in check) the bad ones. No one particular measure will be sufficient to stop all bad cops or protect our good ones, but every bit helps. In God we trust, everyone else we have to have accountability.
RE: dash cams - well, they are in a way, but people who really hate cops, and authority, will even Misinterpret, them...according to their perception. Remember the guy whose dog was killed by a police officer looking for a child in the guys backyard and the dog attacked the cop? That guy started filming on his telephone on the way home, after being called at work and told about it....he was fuming, but he made it sound like the cops were wrong.
If my dog was killed, by a cop or otherwise, I certainly wouldn't have filmed how I felt, and me yelling at the cops....I would be to grief stricken.

Anyway, if you want to see bad, your going to see it regardless, b/c you cannot accept anything else as reality...so regardless....they are good and bad....but for the cops protection and the protection of civilians, it is....it is all about perception. I used to write poetry, for years, then one day, someone contacted me and proceeded to ask me why my poetry had contained sexual content? It didn't but the reader perceived it that way....my poetry had nothing of the sorts, it was spiritual and about God. I was unable to write anything after that....so you see my point...people see what they want to see regardless.....

Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
There are a few states where dash cams and body cams are illegal. In those states, you must give consent to be recorded. Not recorded and forced to give consent.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:17 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The general population has killed more in a week than police in a year; I don't see the point. Some cities have more murders in a month than other states in a year. In fact more people are charged with vehicular homicide than total of police later found justified or not. People know where danger lies and its not the police.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q123 View Post
Right, because then the black community can claim that a future Michael Brown was simply fighting back because a crazy white guy in regular clothes was ordering him to stop, claiming he was the police or sumthin.
Like in the Zimmerman case? Oh wait, the other party did not get to give their side they were killed

Old 10-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If anybody lacks individual responsibility, it's the police! And just FYI I've never called the police in over 70 years and can't imagine ever calling them for anything other than a required report. Why call a thug to enforce the law?

sorry but your attitude is sorely amiss and evident....and lacks anything even remotely resembling logic

Old 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM

520 posts, read 775,902 times
Good old MSDNC, staying ahead of the curve. This network probably ran a story on September 10th 2001 about how disgruntled conservatives are more of a threat to airline security than Islamic extremists. At that time, it would have been true that the Police had killed more civilians than Al Qaeda. Clearly this is fool proof logic from Harry Perry.

...And once again, you have someone using their soapbox to stoke the flames of racial animosity.

Well, you heard it here first, go hug a terrorist and someone with an Ebola but stay away from those evil policemen. Well done.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:38 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
I'm not a hippie dippie Liberal, but the Zimmerman mess could have been avoided. He was not a trained police officer and he shouldn't have confronted Martin. His place was to call the cops and let the professionals deal with the situation. I'm not saying Martin should have assaulted him, but Zimmerman was the one who set the ball in motion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies