Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:02 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,762,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
um... you guys and gals know you CAN vote for someone other than a Dem or Repub right????

keep voting for ONLY those 2 parties then walk around frustrated that NOTHING ever changes...

REALLY smart geniuses...
Yes, and you know that it is designed that way, right? Anyone who votes for a third party takes only from the conservatives. Why is that? I think it is a testament to how hard headed and ideologically driven Dems really are.

Of course this is starting to change, albeit slowly.

P.S. Rand Paul 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,386,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Like the things that Obama has done, tax cut wise. As for military spending, do you think that the bombing campaign is without increased cost? Who came up with that and put it into effect? Oh yeah, your beloved liar in chief.
What percentage does a few billion dollar campaign cost compared to the $3.7 trillion government expenditures annually (2014)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Being critical of Obama and pointing out facts translates into "hate"??
.....except you don't have any facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Nope, not Obama's fault at all:

//www.city-data.com/forum/24441809-post138.html
Obama created corporatism? Can you say that with a straight face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
um... you guys and gals know you CAN vote for someone other than a Dem or Repub right????

keep voting for ONLY those 2 parties then walk around frustrated that NOTHING ever changes...

REALLY smart geniuses...
One party's agenda gets blocked by 30 years of unprecedented obstruction, yet you anoint them the same.

They are not equal.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 AM

23,652 posts, read 23,964,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I will freely admit I'm unwilling to thoroughly research what happened but there's simply too many negative articles available for me to believe there's not at least a little fire causing that smoke.

Romney Didn
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most pristine example of a "low information voter" that one can possibly find. Congratulations, burdell. Where should I send the trophy?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:06 AM

13,829 posts, read 5,550,452 times
@Opin_Yunated: Blah blah, I get it. You're a collectivist, a Democrat water carrier and an Obamaphile. You still think one party is superior to the other, and that the two parties are actually different. You also believe what the press tells you about Obama for whatever reason.

Nothing in the Thugocracy has changed in 80+ years, and which party is in charge is irrelevant. Leviathan grows, consumes, and destroys. That's all it does. Your guy sits in the front seat right now, and after 6 years, not much has changed minus a few sociological theories bandied about in college lecture halls. On the ground, life for the average citizen is same or worse than 6 years ago. And before that, not much had changed for the average citizen in the previous 8, and so on and so on. Every 20-30 years, some technology has a nice economic boom, but outside of the private sector doing something cool, Leviathan just stomps around the city, wrecking buildings and breathing fire.

He's unpopular with 61% of the country. His popularity rating has done a 28 point swing down since his reelection. It's a fact. Bush was reelected, and like Obama, he took a big downward hit by his second midterm. Because even the once admirers are figuring out that dude is basically useless and everything stays the same or gets worse.

You don't need to believe it, but the Democrats are going to find out next month that 61% of the country believes it. They're losing the Senate, they'll lose seats in the House, and Obama is going to be an official lameduck in years 7 and 8, because people not enamored with the man or his party can see the world around them for what it is. And just like in 2006, they'll foolishly think the other party can fix things. Remember Pelosi's secret plan to lower gas from $2.60 a gallon in 2006, and then it went to over $4 less than a year later? Point is, the most popular player on a bad team is the backup who never plays.

Like he said, he isn't on the ballot, but every single one of his policies are, and you'll see all too well in just under a month how popular his policies are. I realize that folks in the 39% with you will blame gerrymandering, racism, campaign finance, etc, but the bottom line if the party in the White House in midterms always does poorly, and if the party is Democrat, they tend to do worse than Republicans in midterms generally.

Believe it or don't, still won't change the outcome.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,176,569 times
This thread is funny. Nothing ever changes around this place. I can't wait until a new punching bag is elected in 2016. Being president is impossible in this country..........true story

Old 10-13-2014, 10:12 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,386,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
@Opin_Yunated: Blah blah, I get it. You're a collectivist, a Democrat water carrier and an Obamaphile. You still think one party is superior to the other, and that the two parties are actually different. You also believe what the press tells you about Obama for whatever reason.

Nothing in the Thugocracy has changed in 80+ years, and which party is in charge is irrelevant. Leviathan grows, consumes, and destroys. That's all it does. Your guy sits in the front seat right now, and after 6 years, not much has changed minus a few sociological theories bandied about in college lecture halls. On the ground, life for the average citizen is same or worse than 6 years ago. And before that, not much had changed for the average citizen in the previous 8, and so on and so on. Every 20-30 years, some technology has a nice economic boom, but outside of the private sector doing something cool, Leviathan just stomps around the city, wrecking buildings and breathing fire.
Leviathan isn't responsible for the 30 year decline. Trickle-up economics is.

Quote:
He's unpopular with 61% of the country. His popularity rating has done a 28 point swing down since his reelection. It's a fact. Bush was reelected, and like Obama, he took a big downward hit by his second midterm. Because even the once admirers are figuring out that dude is basically useless and everything stays the same or gets worse.

You don't need to believe it, but the Democrats are going to find out next month that 61% of the country believes it. They're losing the Senate, they'll lose seats in the House, and Obama is going to be an official lameduck in years 7 and 8, because people not enamored with the man or his party can see the world around them for what it is.
They're losing the Senate because this election cycle features mostly states that vote GOP in the general election anyway. Nothing anyone can say will make a black man popular in Arkansas, Louisiana, Alaska, or Montana.

Quote:
Like he said, he isn't on the ballot, but every single one of his policies are, and you'll see all too well in just under a month how popular his policies are. I realize that folks in the 39% with you will blame gerrymandering, racism, campaign finance, etc, but the bottom line if the party in the White House in midterms always does poorly, and if the party is Democrat, they tend to do worse than Republicans in midterms generally.

Believe it or don't, still won't change the outcome.
Which policies are poor? Enlighten us.

I've been asking for an explanation of these "poor policies" for 6 years. The same "poor policies" that showed up on Inauguaration Day. The same "poor policies" that haven't even made it through the do-nohting Congress.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:13 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,653,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It turns out the "empty chair" and the "empty suit" weren't all that bad after all!
LOL, and everyone laughed at Clint Eastwood with the empty chair skit. Boy did he have it right.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I know.. the majority of Americans disapprove of Obama.

All while they are receiving their Medicaid (expanded under ACA), are loving the stock market record highs, and see both the deficit and unemployment drop significantly over the last six years.

But yea, run along now and talk about how much you hate Obama.
I don't get Medicaid. Got the "your insurance policy is being terminated due to Obamacare letter", fortunately I was grandfathered until the end of 2014, in the mean time, I get to pay almost 40% higher premiums.

Job? now more people than ever are on the dole but not in my area though, they are fracking.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:19 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,105,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
What percentage does a few billion dollar campaign cost compared to the $3.7 trillion government expenditures annually (2014)?

.....except you don't have any facts.

Obama created corporatism? Can you say that with a straight face?

One party's agenda gets blocked by 30 years of unprecedented obstruction, yet you anoint them the same.

They are not equal.
Did you type your response with a clear head?? Or is it just empty??

Old 10-13-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I wish you'd wake up once in a while and see and understand what you actually write.

" Their loving their Medicaid - but there's a significant unemployment drop?" - Contradictory - if there were actually jobs out there - there would be no need for expanded Medicaid .

The stock market is inflated with fake dollars ad the value of the dollar has fallen steadily while under Obama's watch. When the bubble bursts - there will be many more needing gov't assistance.

Again - the deficit has dropped - where are you getting your figures? We spent billions on setting up the ACA which still does not work and benefitted less than what it was implemented for - meanwhile raising prices for hardworking individuals, who have to pay their increased premiums and co-pays, forgo medications and tests because they can't afford it and driving the economy into a worst position because they no longer have disposable income.
Yep and they'll hate the president who gets stuck cleaning up Obama's mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies