Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 01:04 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Tell that to the Muslim friends I had at Ohio State or the Muslim Professor I had there. Just like not all Christians have the same beliefs, not all Muslims have the same antiquated beliefs.
Sounds like your friends and professor were successful in their con job and you fell for it. Their goal is for the entire world to be under Muslim control. They are patient, they are winning...

Old 10-13-2014, 01:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you're ok with woman or gays not having rights? Do you vote Democrat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
We are not talking about republicans!
So you're gullible and believe the democratic propaganda, I'm a conservative and vote republican. I would not vote for a Muslim president based on their Islam beliefs which I believe would take away women's and gay rights.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:06 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Let's see. We've had 2 Muslims elected to Congress in our history, and both are strong supporters of women's and gay rights.
How many moderate Muslims actually support gay rights though? I don't care what someone's religion is, as long as they don't try and force it on me or the general public.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM

The Arabic word Islam simply means “submission” and Obediance

An infidel, if offered a choice, may escape death by submission. “Peace” has an entirely different meaning in Islam, only a society completely dominated by Dar Al-Islam is “at peace”.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
I'd do it just to make religious people's heads explode. The apoplexy alone would be worth voting for.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not a chance.

The last thing America needs is an extreme Muslim sympathizer even more radical than our current President, Barack Hussein Obama.
Second post on the thread and reason has already been abandoned.

What makes you think a Muslim president will be a extreme Muslim sympathizer? Just because he/she is Muslim? Why then didn't Bush or Clinton, both Christian presidents, agree with the extreme view that the Earth is 6,000 years old? Why were they not willing to pass extremely negative laws towards homosexuals? After all, they were Christian and surely would support extreme Christianity?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'd do it just to make religious people's heads explode. The apoplexy alone would be worth voting for.
Your head might explode.

“Do not approach prayers while you are drunk.” and since they prey 5 times a day, oh well, no drink.

Fajr (pre-dawn): This prayer starts off the day with the remembrance of God; it is performed before sunrise.
Dhuhr (noon): After the day's work has begun, one breaks shortly after noon to again remember God and seek His guidance.
'Asr (afternoon): In the late afternoon, people are usually busy wrapping up the day's work.
Maghrib (sunset): Just after the sun goes down.
'Isha (evening): Before retiring for the night.

http://islam.about.com/cs/prayer/a/prayer_times.htm

Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you're gullible and believe the democratic propaganda, I'm a conservative and vote republican. I would not vote for a Muslim president based on their Islam beliefs which I believe would take away women's and gay rights.
Just out of curiousity, how many Muslims do you know? Actually KNOW, and not see one walking down the street?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Basically, I'm suspicious of any Muslim in office because Islam across the world has proven itself to be against individual rights and particularly destructive to women and gays. In short, Islam in many places is the antithesis of Western small "L" liberalism. I am very wary of Islamofascists infiltrating our institutions of government with ulterior motives that are not in the interest of Western civilization.

I wish I could say I'm shocked that so many supposed liberals are willing to jump on the Sharia bandwagon, but nothing about American liberalism surprises me anymore.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Basically, I'm suspicious of any Muslim in office because Islam across the world has proven itself to be against individual rights and particularly destructive to women and gays. In short, Islam in many places is the antithesis of Western small "L" liberalism. I am very wary of Islamofascists infiltrating our institutions of government with ulterior motives that are not in the interest of Western civilization.

I wish I could say I'm shocked that so many supposed liberals are willing to jump on the Sharia bandwagon, but nothing about American liberalism surprises me anymore.
Who said anything about Liberals jumping on the Sharia bandwagon? All I saw were that people would vote for a Muslim if they held the same political ideology and followed the constitution. Is that so hard for right-wingers to comprehend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies