Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:07 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This type of post is why I will never feel safe in this country as a Jew. I keep hoping society will prove me wrong, but when so many people would not vote for someone based on their religion or ethnic background, I just have to hope that the mentality will die out before I bring children into the world.
You seriously feel this way? You are a Jew who doesn't feel safe in America? As a mainstream Christian, I can assure you that a Jew would not be at a disadvantage as a Presidential candidate. I have a lot of respect for the Jewish community and folks of your religion are highly respected in all facets of American life. I think it is your issue, but not an issue with others.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And would you look at the poll results?

The NO vote is winning as of now, but the results for YES are very disturbing (as in, I can't believe anybody would even vote YES to a Muslim). Are we that serious?
According to right-wingers, Obama is Muslim and so far I haven't heard of Sharia Law being imposed in America nor has he destroyed our country unlike the previous Christian President tried to do. In fact the country is doing better now than it did under Bush. So apparently being a Muslim, according to right-wingers, is actually better for the country than being a Christian. Hmmmm.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
According to right-wingers, Obama is Muslim and so far I haven't heard of Sharia Law being imposed in America nor has he destroyed our country unlike the previous Christian President tried to do. In fact the country is doing better now than it did under Bush. So apparently being a Muslim, according to right-wingers, is actually better for the country than being a Christian. Hmmmm.
lol, wow, before the left says Obama was a Muslim and Democrats would bounce off walls in protest. Now, you say he is Muslim. You people just can't make up your minds can you. One consistency though... whatever fits the latest debate. Democrats, the politics of whatever will get the vote.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:18 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
I'm guessing all the yes votes are from obaggers who have already voted for a muslim president or, at the least, one who sympathizes with muslims more than any other religion or group.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law.

They hold a sign that says "Sharia will rule the world"
City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report

Old 10-13-2014, 04:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I'm guessing all the yes votes are from obaggers who have already voted for a muslim president or, at the least, one who sympathizes with muslims more than any other religion or group.
You're a bad guesser. I'm an atheist. I am, however, stuck with voting for professedly religious people, since that's all that make the ballot. So pretty much anyone I vote for is lacking as far as I am concerned. I manage to live with it.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Quote:
On the other hand, you have the publicly educated obaggers and we see here daily just how dumb they are.
Ed learned a new word.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law.

They hold a sign that says "Sharia will rule the world"
City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report
Nope.

snopes.com: City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law

You are both humor-challenged and constitutional-knowledge-challenged.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ed learned a new word.
He's right. O knew he had you people in the bag, hence Obaggers

Old 10-13-2014, 04:27 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
Not a chance
Not a chance for me either since I dont play thier games!!!!!!! (I dont vote)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies