Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,821,270 times

Advertisements

I mean voting for a black president really seems to have done wonders for that community....

No, I would not vote for a Muslim. I would not for anyone when, if asked, 'so what are you?' There first answer is not 'an American' I've found Muslims define themselves first by their religion.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:12 AM

15,817 posts, read 21,328,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
No way on earth! Why,because I have read the Qu'ran,that's why,so I know it is total Malarky when anyone says that radical Islam is not the teachings of Islam!

Every citizen of every free country needs to read the Qu'ran so they can tell those liars to shut the hell up!

I have read both of these~The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics) by M. A. S. Abdel Haleem
http://www.amazon.com/Quran-Oxford-W...f+the+qu%27ran

What the Koran Really Says by Ibn Warraq
http://www.amazon.com/What-Koran-Rea...3219755&sr=1-1
Have you also read other Abrahamic texts? Surely if you have such strong feelings against Muslims based on the Qur'an (and surely you have also read the Hadiths, right?), you must also extend those feelings toward Judaism and Christianity. Unless you're holding Islam to a double standard, of course.

I've read the Qur'an. Not all too different than my own Torah. And like the Torah, unfortunately passages can be taken out of context to promote political goals that betray the core of the faith.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:19 AM

671 posts, read 885,667 times
And there you go....Liberals like to be in fashion,,whatever that is at the time...Religious beliefs do matter and are reflected in one's take of things....
1. You can't show me any Muslim that believes in equality for woman for starters,so there you go,,dead in the water from the get go......

Old 10-13-2014, 11:25 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,820,396 times
It appears the people in this quiz don't really believe in the "freedom of religion"... How sad.

If someone is qualified, capable, and so forth, what does it matter?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:25 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,810,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Have you also read other Abrahamic texts? Surely if you have such strong feelings against Muslims based on the Qur'an (and surely you have also read the Hadiths, right?), you must also extend those feelings toward Judaism and Christianity. Unless you're holding Islam to a double standard, of course.

I've read the Qur'an. Not all too different than my own Torah. And like the Torah, unfortunately passages can be taken out of context to promote political goals that betray the core of the faith.

I am an atheist. Yes I have read the Hadiths also.

I also know all about Abrogation!

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/F...abrogation.htm

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 10-13-2014 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,057,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
And there you go....Liberals like to be in fashion,,whatever that is at the time...Religious beliefs do matter and are reflected in one's take of things....
1. You can't show me any Muslim that believes in equality for woman for starters,so there you go,,dead in the water from the get go......
One of my closest Muslim friends - a woman - is a surgeon at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital. She believes in equality for women (and gay people).

Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 AM

894 posts, read 1,045,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
So true. Whatever the demographic du jour is, that's what they'll be voting for! And if you don't go along you're an evil racist! And if you don't vote for Hillary in 2016, then you hate women!

Old 10-13-2014, 11:30 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,642,540 times
A muslim who agreed with my political beliefs would be a nonjihadist, would be a strong supporter of women's rights, and would understand why the separation of church and state is a *good* thing.

Don't tell me such muslims don't exist. Malala just won the nobel peace prize.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Which passages are taken out of context to promote political goals? Would it be the ones where muslims are commanded to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,509,429 times
The religion of a political candidate makes no difference to me unless the candidate makes his religion my business.

Up until a few weeks before the 2012 election, Billy Graham's website listed LDS as a cult. I guess he eventually got the memo and scratched it. Romney did not make his religion an issue and it was not , except with some evangelicals who probably did not vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies