Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
How do you know a particular Muslim is trustworthy enough to be president? Would you believe what he says? Did you ever hear the joke: How do you know a politician is lying? (A: His lips are moving.) You should read their holy book and you should see the actions of Muslim terrorists worldwide who are devoted to spreading Islam. I would find the actions of Muslims as a group more telling that whatever vacuous words a Muslim politician could speak.
And what about a christian? How do you know they're trustworthy? Because you just think they are? They could be some over the top fundamentalist freak who wants to round up all atheists or gays & banish them to some island or burn them at the stake. Maybe they want to outlaw all sex outside of marriage. Maybe they want to go back to the good ole days & force people to have 10 kids, woman stays home. Maybe their against traditional medicine like a Jehovah so they ban certain people from getting medical treatments? Is that acceptable to you? How do you know their not some secret serial killer who has just never been caught? Do yo usee how proposterous your post is now? Good grief.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
No party and no mainstream politician represents the interests of European-Americans. We don't have organizations equivalent to the likes of the NAACP, La Raza, etc.
Can't. Any organization just for whites is immediately labeled by the other organizations and the press as the KKK. Blacks and Hispanics can have caucuses in legislatures and associations in fire and police departments but whites can't. Welcome to the brave new world of inequality.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The argument sounds emotional rather than rational. Lots of anti-Christian, anti-Jewish sentiment expressed there. Unfortunately that's the basis on which many people vote - we see that in elections all the time.
Char is Jewish, iirc. You know what they say about ASSuming things.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Can't. Any organization just for whites is immediately labeled by the other organizations and the press as the KKK.
That's because their aims and rhetoric are usually indistinguishable from the KKK.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How does Obama hate Israel? Christians who fall over themselves in support of Israel (in hopes that it will bring their false messiah back) are much more of a threat than people who say, "Hey now, Bibi, what are you thinking expanding settlements?" Never trust a Christian who cites Israel as an example of how they support Jews, my mom always told me. She's never been wrong.
Smart woman.

“A lot of the Jews are great friends of mine. They swarm around me and are friendly to me, because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth. But they don’t know how I really feel about what they’re doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them.”

--Billy Graham, 1 Feb 1972

Old 10-16-2014, 03:14 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And what about a christian? How do you know they're trustworthy? Because you just think they are? They could be some over the top fundamentalist freak who wants to round up all atheists or gays & banish them to some island or burn them at the stake. Maybe they want to outlaw all sex outside of marriage. Maybe they want to go back to the good ole days & force people to have 10 kids, woman stays home. Maybe their against traditional medicine like a Jehovah so they ban certain people from getting medical treatments? Is that acceptable to you? How do you know their not some secret serial killer who has just never been caught? Do yo usee how proposterous your post is now? Good grief.
Nope. What's preposterous is how you think we should hand over our country to Muslims. Islam is incompatible with our values. Christianity has been with us ever since this country was founded. Your fundamentalist Christian example is absurd. Though they expressly allowed freedom of religion, I don't believe our Founding Fathers ever intended for us to become an Islamic country. Think that's far-fetched? Look at Western Europe. They are experiencing massive immigration from the Muslim World and it's just going to continue. It amounts to ethnic replacement.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Nope. What's preposterous is how you think we should hand over our country to Muslims. Islam is incompatible with our values. Christianity has been with us ever since this country was founded. Your fundamentalist Christian example is absurd. Though they expressly allowed freedom of religion, I don't believe our Founding Fathers ever intended for us to become an Islamic country. Think that's far-fetched? Look at Western Europe. They are experiencing massive immigration from the Muslim World and it's just going to continue. It amounts to ethnic replacement.
Since Islam, Christianity and Judaism all stem from the religious beliefs of Abraham, then Christianity and Judaism must also be incompatible with our values. Surely Christianity was in 1776, when women were considered inferior to men, and slavery was acceptable.

We are in no danger of becoming an Islamic country. As long as we stalwartly defend the Constitution, we will remain a secular nation.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's because their aims and rhetoric are usually indistinguishable from the KKK.
Horse pucky! That's like saying all black organizations and all Hispanic organizations are analogous to the Black Panthers and Mexican Mafia. It's pure ignorance.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:22 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
His example is far from absurd. Not every Christian is a lunatic trying to make this country a theocracy in the same way that not every Muslim is a loon trying to change America into Islam.

Just because a Muslim takes the presidency doesn't mean that this person cannot operate without forcing the USA into Sharia Law. Sorry, not buying it. If I buy this, then I also buy that every Christian wants America to be a Theocracy (which I don't).

Old 10-16-2014, 03:24 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Since Islam, Christianity and Judaism all stem from the religious beliefs of Abraham, then Christianity and Judaism must also be incompatible with our values. Surely Christianity was in 1776, when women were considered inferior to men, and slavery was acceptable.

We are in no danger of becoming an Islamic country. As long as we stalwartly defend the Constitution, we will remain a secular nation.
I'm not a Christian apologist, by the way. I'm just pointing out it's been with us this whole time. It would be rather absurd to claim that Christianity and Islam are too similar to differentiate for political and practical purposes. Look at the way Islam is practiced worldwide versus Christianity. You could very well argue Christianity was at a similar level of barbarism once, but that's irrelevant to our situation today. And how do you propose to defend the Constitution in a Muslim-majority state? Majorities do as they please if they have the will. And Muslims, in general, have the will to impose Islam on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies