Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 05:16 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Meh-that's your opinion.

Here is more information on the employee and the reasons for his actions.

He has only received 2 negative letters out of hundreds received from fellow employees. He also says he is in no fear of being fired and Wells Fargo declined to comment on any disciplinary actions that they may take.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet-b...172751075.html

"P.S. – To all of my fellow team members who receive a copy of this email. Though Wells Fargo does not allow the formation of unions, this does not mean we cannot stand united. Each and every one of us plays an integral part in the success of this company. It is time that we ask, no, it is time that we demand to be rightfully compensated for the hard work that we accomplish, and for the great part we all have played in the success of this company. There are many of us out there who come to work every day and give it our all, yet, we struggle to make ends meet while our peers in upper management and company executives reap the majority of the rewards. One of our lowest scored TMCS questions is that our opinions matter. Well they do! This email has been sent to hundreds of thousands Wells Fargo employees, (as many as I could cc from the outlook global address book). And while the voice of one person in a world as large as ours may seem only like a whisper, the combined voices of each and all of us can move mountains!"

I feel sorry for the people that are so infuriated by this as I believe we will see more and more employees asking for fair compensation if our political leaders are unwilling to address the issue.
ummm, every single recipient of the email is already working at the premier employment opportunity available to each of them--no other employer is offering any of the 200,000 a better deal. That each of them shows up every working day for the agreed-upon wage makes the "demand to be rightfully compensated" way beyond ludicrous.

The author, like so many in our society today, is getting paid what he is worth but wants a better deal than that. His energy would be better invested in improving his value to his employer, or other potential employers. The vast majority of the top 10% of earners at his employer worked their way up from lower levels, precisely by becoming more valuable over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:26 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
You must live in a utopia-76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, only 52% of Americans own stock and most are measly retirement accounts which they may never see. 95% of the unprecedented Trillions and Trillions created by the Federal Reserve since 2009 has gone to less than 1% of the population. Our middle-class has been obliterated thanks to nationless corporations and their alliance with our corrupt Government.

Stock Market Surge Bypasses Most Americans, Poll Shows - Bloomberg
Feel free to open an eTrade account, deposit $100, and buy some cheap shares. Congratulations. You are now among the evil % of Americans who own stocks.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:05 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Feel free to open an eTrade account, deposit $100, and buy some cheap shares. Congratulations. You are now among the evil % of Americans who own stocks.
I'd much rather invest in land and real estate, and do. It is more practical and safer for my purposes. I do have retirement accounts invested in the stock market but the vast majority of Americans cannot afford to own private stock. If they do not support the corporations that are strongest and most historically reliable on the stock market it is a moot point. For example I would never invest in Goldman Sachs, Monsanto, "ebola stocks" or any defense contractor among many others. Besides that, the only people that have ample cash to buy at the most ideal time (aka recessions and depressions) are those who are rich already. Our financial system is not meant to be inclusive. If it were nobody would make money.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 10-14-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Hmmm strange. In this thread the conservatives are screaming bloody murder because one of their own gets caught up in their championing of employer rights to hire and fire as they wish. However, in THIS thread they are saying an employee should be fired for speaking the honest truth about his employer. Wonder why? I love exposing the hypocrisy of the right.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I'd much rather invest in land and real estate, and do. It is more practical and safer for my purposes. I do have retirement accounts invested in the stock market but the vast majority of Americans cannot afford to own private stock. If they do not support the corporations that are strongest and most historically reliable on the stock market it is a moot point. For example I would never invest in Goldman Sachs, Monsanto, "ebola stocks" or any defense contractor among many others. Besides that, the only people that have ample cash to buy at the most ideal time (aka recessions and depressions) are those who are rich already. Our financial system is not meant to be inclusive. If it were nobody would make money.
The vast majority cant afford "investment" real estate either, when exactly do you expect to be sharing the wealth?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Hmmm strange. In this thread the conservatives are screaming bloody murder because one of their own gets caught up in their championing of employer rights to hire and fire as they wish. However, in THIS thread they are saying an employee should be fired for speaking the honest truth about his employer. Wonder why? I love exposing the hypocrisy of the right.
There is no hypocracy, under both scenarios, the employer can fire who they wish.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:15 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no hypocracy, under both scenarios, the employer can fire who they wish.
Then why the outcry from conservatives here?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Then why the outcry from conservatives here?
what outcry? I supported the firing of the employee.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
what outcry? I supported the firing of the employee.
The outcry is the comparison of firing someone for 1st amendment, vs's the second amendment.

Its a incorrect comparison in this case as the employee used company resources for non corporate reasons. He wouldnt be fired for what he said, but how he did it. 200K people is a lot of email. Lets say everyone read it, and spent 2 minutes doing so, thats 3.2 man years of employees blown away in one email.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The outcry is the comparison of firing someone for 1st amendment, vs's the second amendment.

Its a incorrect comparison in this case as the employee used company resources for non corporate reasons. He wouldnt be fired for what he said, but how he did it. 200K people is a lot of email. Lets say everyone read it, and spent 2 minutes doing so, thats 3.2 man years of employees blown away in one email.
There is no second amendment right to
use corporate computers to voice a dissent up ones pay
Demand company profits be distributed to the employees, as if they are somehow entitled to it.

This isnt at all a first amendment issue, no more than insisting City Data cant ban you from using their forums.

news flash, they clearly can and do ban people all the time.

As you showed in your math, it probably cost the company $150K in labor just for people to read the email, let alone the lost amount of time with employees talking about it around the water cooler, board meetings etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies