Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That was already addressed earlier. I cannot impose my beliefs onto my customers-I do what is best for them case by case.

Sometimes the "Big 6" are the best option, often they are not.
So, you'll continue to provide the revenue to these horrible companies because you don't want to "impose your beliefs" on them, yet you want the government to "impose your beliefs"?

Sorry, but it sure sounds to me like you just don't want to incur any financial losses yourself by continuing to enable banks like Wells Fargo. Taking a stand will personally cost you, but if the government does it, you suffer no risks. I see.

This reminds me of Warren Buffet.

To the press, "People like me should be paying more taxes."

To his secretary, "Get my lawyers on the line. The IRS wants us to pay interest on the billions in taxes we have been fighting, and I'm surely not going to pay that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you'll continue to provide the revenue to these horrible companies because you don't want to "impose your beliefs" on them, yet you want the government to "impose your beliefs"?

Sorry, but it sure sounds to me like you just don't want to incur any financial losses yourself by continuing to enable banks like Wells Fargo. Taking a stand will personally cost you, but if the government does it, you suffer no risks. I see.
In a way, I suppose. But really, I would not last very long in business if I did not allow my customers to shop around and choose the best option for themselves-whether The Big 6 were around or not. I offer advice to make them aware of my beliefs but it is ultimately up to them. It is also the way our financial system is set-up-these 6 Banks underwrite over half of all mortgages in this country so until that changes or people realize the extent of the corruption not much can be done except personal accountability and continuing dialogue.

I take it you supported the bank bailouts and are opposed to a free market? If that is not the case, then I don't understand your position.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
In a way, I suppose. But really, I would not last very long in business if I did not allow my customers to shop around and choose the best option for themselves-whether The Big 6 were around or not.
Ok, so like the bank CEO's, you choose personal profit.

Quote:
I take it you supported the bank bailouts and are opposed to a free market?
Not at all. Even though it was government action that allowed the banks to do what they did and then regulations that put them at risk, I don't think they should have been bailed out. I think the regulations should have been modified for a period of time to allow them to straighten things out, but I don't believe they should have received tax payer money. If they didn't understand their risk by playing the government's "let's give out any loan we can and all get rich" game, they deserve the troubles they had.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I guess you can call it that if you want, but it's really about being smart and dealing with our present sitution the best way possible-for now personal responsibility is the best I can do. "The Big 6" are not even a significant part of my business because as I stated earlier they are often not even the best options for people.

Quote:
Not at all. Even though it was government action that allowed the banks to do what they did and then regulations that put them at risk, I don't think they should have been bailed out. I think the regulations should have been modified for a period of time to allow them to straighten things out, but I don't believe they should have received tax payer money. If they didn't understand their risk by playing the government's "let's give out any loan we can and all get rich" game, they deserve the troubles they had.
Well we are in agreement on that.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Exactly-people need money to keep our economy going-consumer spending constitutes over 70% of our economy yet we let nationless corporations obliterate our middle class and dodge civic responsibility. 95% of all the TRILLIONS and TRILLIONS created by The Federal Reserve since 2009 has gone to less than 1% of the population-and much of it is sitting in institutions like Wells Fargo-waiting for the next buying opportunity. Crash and consolidate wealth, wash and repeat.

I have no idea why some people feel the need to stick up for pirate corporations like Wells Fargo that have no allegience to this nation or it's people. We should be demanding that these pirate corporations seeing record wealth off the backs of the American people pay AMERICANS an economically stimulating wage.
This post speaks truth. Consumer spending is king in America yet we allow companies to crush the middle class. So what that the "freedoms" of CEOs are hurt, aren't they infringing on others' freedoms by being paid 240 times that of what a traditional employee makes? The fact is CEOs get paid too much for their own good and eventually will bankrupt companies but yet still be able to fall with their golden parachutes.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This post speaks truth. Consumer spending is king in America yet we allow companies to crush the middle class. So what that the "freedoms" of CEOs are hurt, aren't they infringing on others' freedoms by being paid 240 times that of what a traditional employee makes? The fact is CEOs get paid too much for their own good and eventually will bankrupt companies but yet still be able to fall with their golden parachutes.
Exactly but for some reason apologists still abound.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:

Everyone chooses income/returns/revenues/gains. (Profit is a very specific accounting term)That is the commerce system we have. Banks/Govt are intertwined and work hand in hand. The whole economy didn't accidentally become debt-based. Go look at who owns the stock in GS and JPM.

Being aware and conscious is very important, but it isn't as simple as just banking elsewhere. Certainly, good customer service should be at the top priority-wise, not telling someone else where to bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Centrally controlled hierarchical system designed to constantly acquire more energy/value on an ongoing basis. This is the system model that the entire planet is operating under. The corporate veil has made it very difficult to determine who actually owns what. Studies like these don't come out often.

Revealed: The Capitalist Network that runs the world. New ...
quote:
"In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder.

Interesting documentary.

The Corporation : The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power - YouTube

Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 PM

33 posts, read 29,939 times
Quote:
Exactly but for some reason apologists still abound.

If this forum doesnt show people how much the right wing hates the middle class. I dont know what will?

They hate workers making more and they hate handouts??? Doesnt make sense

Old 10-16-2014, 05:58 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egads View Post
If this forum doesnt show people how much the right wing hates the middle class. I dont know what will?

They hate workers making more and they hate handouts??? Doesnt make sense
No one HATES anyone making more money. What people HATE is that people try to FORCE others to GIVE others more money for nothing in return. Too many people want MORE, MORE, MORE and have nothing that proves they are worth more.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
No one HATES anyone making more money. What people HATE is that people try to FORCE others to GIVE others more money for nothing in return. Too many people want MORE, MORE, MORE and have nothing that proves they are worth more.
People also don't like CEOs making 300+ and complaining about how people complain about their wages and how they are underpaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies