Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 11:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
So this is what President Obama walked into... a country absolutely ruined by Republican policies... and you expected... what?
Obama walked into a bunch of greedy bankers who got fools to sign the dotted line for a mortgage they couldn't afford. Ironically Obama is the very attorney who sued Citibank forcing banks to give low income people a mortgage, your's truly started the mess. People should understand personal finance better.

Government: we are here to help the poor.
The poor: yea! where do I sign
Banks: If they fell for that one then lets target the middle class.
The middle Class: yea! I've been wanting a bigger house.
Banks and people got greedy.
Democrat: I'm here to save the day!
People: I'll vote for you.

Rince and repeat.

People, understand personal finance and always remember, the rainy day will come.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:51 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama walked into a bunch of greedy bankers who got fools to sign the dotted line for a mortgage they couldn't afford. Ironically Obama is the very attorney who sued Citibank forcing banks to give low income people a mortgage, your's truly started the mess. People should understand personal finance better.

Rince and repeat.

People, understand personal finance and always remember, the rainy day will come.
I remember when this entire mess went down.. Within days of the market plunge there was a you tube video that outlined the Community Reinvestment Act and how this act was the beginning of the end. It was pulled mysteriously within days by you tube. I was the clearest explanation of this cluster I have every seen. To bad it was pulled.

Your right and for the low intellect Obama supporters. The very very very few of you left here it is in nut shell
  • Banks wouldn't loan to you if you couldn't or didn't have the ability to repay your loan
  • Congress thought that was discriminatory so they forced banks to loan to folks who couldn't afford to pay (minorities based on geographical location, low income etc.)
  • Banks loaned the money at extraordinarily high rates
  • They realized they could make more money by packaging them and selling them by burying the high risk loans with other instruments.
  • The high risk was buried within the instruments and when people didn't pay the folks that purchased them lost a ton of money which was every bank or investor on the planet.
  • Obama wouldn't let them fail so he bailed them out (the wealthy bankers and investors)
  • The low income and middle class folks lost their homes
  • The middle class lost their jobs
  • The wealthy got much much much richer. So much in fact we have the largest income gap in history

The rich are richer than ever before thanks to numb nutz in the whitehouse.

It's all ok though because numb nutz changed a couple of calculations and unemployment is fine, the stock market isn't over inflated, corporate earnings are not based on that fact none of the corporations are hiring or spending money.. It's all good.. No worries!

You know the real irony of all this? Numb nutz goesn't give to chit's about the people who put him in office. Never did, never will because his not capable of carry for anyone but himself.

Now, any questions liberal class of October 14th, 2014?

By the way Pletch, nice post rep point for you!

Old 10-14-2014, 11:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Rince and repeat.

As usual, thanks for a great post. Straight forward, to the point, no BS which I appreciate. And ironically very true.

Pretty straight forward accurate description, thanks for seeing the truth.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:06 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
We've had stagnant wages since the 1980's. So you can thank Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama for that, but mostly Reagan.
Average household income increased under Reagan; by the end of his term(s).

Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In constant 2013 dollars, from 1981 to 1989 median incomes increased by 14.9%.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/incom...2013/p05AR.xls
Thanks for posting facts.

I have no idea where some of these people come up with their claims!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:16 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Not low standards... it is about this:

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

"To hell with America. We can't let Obama win!!!"
Why do you people keep posting the same out of context quote?

Why don't you post the ENTIRE statement?

Oh wait, because it wouldn't fit your agenda.

A simple question, do you think Reid wanted Bush yo win a second term?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
So far this has been an interesting learning experience for me. As far as I can tell, none of the critics to date has even bothered to read the article. They're all just repeating pre-digested opinions and favorite insults, instead of actually considering what the man has to say.

As far as the diss of the two men's respective Nobel Prizes, even if you think Obama's award was premature, it should be noted that the Peace Prize is in a completely different category from the others, with different rules, voting body, even different awards procedures, etc. If you poke your head out of the echo chamber long enough to see what the world thinks about the Nobel Prizes, they're still a very big deal. And in the world of Economics, the Professor from Princeton is highly regarded, if not in the world of Fox news.

As far as the fierce opposition to Obama at every step of the way goes, it's clearly a matter for the history books already that the tea party and the radical right Republicans worked overtime from the beginning to obstruct everything Obama's administration proposed. There was a hard-core drive to make his Presidency fail, and it's been no secret. It's all been right out there in public.

Meanwhile the demographic death spiral of the right has continued, with well financed political tricks, such as gerrymandering state redistricting and imposing voter ID laws intending to hold down the Democratic vote and skewing their own ranks towards the white and male and elderly, while the population inexorable grows and the younger, more racially diverse electorate becomes more alienated by the Republicans' stubborn allegiance to business and the wealthy.

Anyone who bothers looking at the entire situation can see where the trend is going. But from reading the comments here, I doubt that many are looking at the big picture, because so many posts are just "grown up" versions of "My team can beat your team!" and "Your favorite band sucks!"

What difference might it make if people actually read more broadly and thought more rigorously, and posted thoughtful replies instead of just slinging mud like a bunch of yabbos?
"none of the critics to date has even bothered to read the article."

Because we are very familiar with this leftie and KNOW what he is going to say. He has been saying the same things for years.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I remember when this entire mess went down.. Within days of the market plunge there was a you tube video that outlined the Community Reinvestment Act and how this act was the beginning of the end. It was pulled mysteriously within days by you tube. I was the clearest explanation of this cluster I have every seen. To bad it was pulled.

Your right and for the low intellect Obama supporters. The very very very few of you left here it is in nut shell
  • Banks wouldn't loan to you if you couldn't or didn't have the ability to repay your loan
  • Congress thought that was discriminatory so they forced banks to loan to folks who couldn't afford to pay (minorities based on geographical location, low income etc.)
  • Banks loaned the money at extraordinarily high rates
  • They realized they could make more money by packaging them and selling them by burying the high risk loans with other instruments.
  • The high risk was buried within the instruments and when people didn't pay the folks that purchased them lost a ton of money which was every bank or investor on the planet.
  • Obama wouldn't let them fail so he bailed them out (the wealthy bankers and investors)
  • The low income and middle class folks lost their homes
  • The middle class lost their jobs
  • The wealthy got much much much richer. So much in fact we have the largest income gap in history

The rich are richer than ever before thanks to numb nutz in the whitehouse.

It's all ok though because numb nutz changed a couple of calculations and unemployment is fine, the stock market isn't over inflated, corporate earnings are not based on that fact none of the corporations are hiring or spending money.. It's all good.. No worries!

You know the real irony of all this? Numb nutz goesn't give to chit's about the people who put him in office. Never did, never will because his not capable of carry for anyone but himself.

Now, any questions liberal class of October 14th, 2014?

By the way Pletch, nice post rep point for you!
Obama and his magical time machine strikes again!

Market crashed in Sept. 2008, not January 2009.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
But wait... the financial crash that put so many people in the same position as you was a product of Republican policies that dismantled the protections put in place after the last Depression...
sounds great,

until someone actually asks you WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..

What Republican policies caused the crash?

it was Bush who tried to increase equity ratios of the banks to decrease lending, Democrats criticized him for wanting to reign in the banks.

yes, you are so uninformed its not even funny..

Old 10-15-2014, 07:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Not low standards... it is about this:

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

"To hell with America. We can't let Obama win!!!"
oh poor baby, it must be tough to have nothing else to whine about other than the fact Republicans object to obama policies just like Democrats objected to Bushs policies and wanted him to be a one term president.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand? Really?

Everytime someone whines because republicans wanted Obama to be a one termer I jsut roll over laughing my ass off at such ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies