Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I know the city attorney's office states that claim - but I can't find where the city charter says the same.

At any rate, the subpoenas would not lead to discovery of that issue either.
Houston’s charter and city ordinances:
https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10123
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 02:10 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
trans-genders are not homosexuals.
They may not choose to identify as such, but the parts they were born with tell a different story.

If a random man decided to throw on some makeup, a wig and call himself a transgender woman, who could prove him wrong? That's what I want to know.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
They may not choose to identify as such, but the parts they were born with tell a different story.

If a random man decided to throw on some makeup, a wig and call himself a transgender woman, who could prove him wrong? That's what I want to know.
Nope, transgender do not have the parts unless they are pre-op. Thing is if they consider themselves to be a woman the odds are you would not be able to tell the difference and they themselves are not gay so if they consider themselves to a female, pre or post op they are not interested in other women,. You might want to think a little on the subject before trying to discuss it. Really do you think someone would bother to go through the trouble when they can simply walk in the door, you do know they could do that now don't you, you think a sign will make all the difference? Me thinks some here have stopped using logic in their thought processes.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Nope, transgender do not have the parts unless they are pre-op. Thing is if they consider themselves to be a woman the odds are you would not be able to tell the difference and they themselves are not gay so if they consider themselves to a female, pre or post op they are not interested in other women,.
The odds are you can tell as often as you can't.

Quote:
You might want to think a little on the subject before trying to discuss it. Really do you think someone would bother to go through the trouble when they can simply walk in the door, you do know they could do that now don't you, you think a sign will make all the difference? Me thinks some here have stopped using logic in their thought processes.
There are men who like to dress as women and are still sexually attracted to women. How do you determine who is who?

Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Nope, transgender do not have the parts unless they are pre-op.
Many transgender people never undergo operation. So, yes, there are transgenders who have their original parts and will always have their original parts.

Quote:
Thing is if they consider themselves to be a woman the odds are you would not be able to tell the difference and they themselves are not gay so if they consider themselves to a female, pre or post op they are not interested in other women,.
I can certainly tell the difference with many transgender women. Many.

Sexuality is defined by the sex of the person, not gender. If you were born with male parts and are attracted to people who also have male parts, you are not heterosexual.

Quote:
You might want to think a little on the subject before trying to discuss it. Really do you think someone would bother to go through the trouble when they can simply walk in the door, you do know they could do that now don't you, you think a sign will make all the difference? Me thinks some here have stopped using logic in their thought processes.
I would suggest that you take your own advice, since you clearly know less than you think you do.

No, it is not already permissible for a male dressed as a woman to enter the women's restroom. He only gets away with it if no one can tell he is indeed male. So how are people supposed to make the distinction?

Old 10-15-2014, 02:47 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Message to Mayor Parker: Mind your own business.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
no. these churches are not party to any lawsuit.

there is a law suit that involves signatures on a petition. NOTHING in a sermon could be contorted into something related to a courtbattle over a signature.
The lawsuit should have stayed outside of the church if they didn't want the law applied to their documents.

"Some signatures were acquired at churches which make the sermons fair game, according to City Attorney Dave Feldman.

"If they choose to do this inside the church, choose to do this from the pulpit, then they open the door to the questions being asked," Feldman said."

Pastors' sermons subpoenaed amid Houston Equal Rights Ordinance fight | abc13.com

Old 10-15-2014, 03:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why are you supposing that?

This is a request for document production (potential evidence) in the discovery phase of a lawsuit in which these religious groups are suing the city.
The religious groups are suing the city to stop gender neutral bathrooms. Why would anyone want gender neutral bathrooms anyway?

Who would want their little girls using the same bathroom as grown men and what grown men would want little girls and their mothers using their bathrooms? What is the mayor trying to do for gender equality anyway? Just crazy.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The jackbooted thug of a mayor in Houston Texas has decided that Pastors cannot preach against sin I suppose.

Houston’s openly gay mayor evidently has decided it’s time to persecute the Christians.

C-D has seen its share of debates over the issue. Those of us who have stated that eventually governments would attack preachers for preaching against sin, have been bashed here. Our liberal friends tell us that it wont happen in America!
Well ITS HAPPING IN AMERICA.

City subpoenas pastors' sermons in equal rights ordinance case - Houston Chronicle

Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death. I'm sure that the subpoenas for the Muslims will be coming immediately if not sooner.....

Old 10-15-2014, 03:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death. I'm sure that the subpoenas for the Muslims will be coming immediately if not sooner.....
Are Muslim associations suing the City of Houston over their signature collecting efforts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies