Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:05 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, why do you think the Republicans and some Democrats were so against universal healthcare? Had we gotten universal healthcare, it would have taken insurance put of the hands of for profit private companies.
But the ACA is why we don't have actual universal healthcare, it's something the powers that be offered up as a bait and switch to let people think they were going to get access and delivery of affordable healthcare and instead bleed them dry financially and take just a little more freedom away.

If you support UH you should be attacking the ACA, not defending it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 10:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I don't blame the delay until after the election so that Republicans can't use something that goes up annually anyway.
So Obama LIED when he said they would fall?

I thought the point behind subsidies were that they would fall?
Quote:
Actually he probably paid for much of it through his taxes, as well as having the cost spread out among all the people in the country.

Why do you have such a hatred towards having all Americans having health insurance? I will never understand this way of thinking.
Remember you saying this?

Tell me urban, when will this happen?

And how about this posting of yours
Quote:
So you are expecting your employer to cut your health care? You might want to start looking for a better job that isn't out to take advantage of their employees.
So now you are celebrating you not having your insurance tied to the employers, but suggested someone else needs to find a better job in the EXACT same situation..

Your a non stop walking contradiction flip flopping poster who has to first tell everyone they dont know what they are talking about pre action, and then when what they suggested actually takes place, you celebrate i because your a recipiant of the handouts and then attack those who arent..

I'd be embarassed to run around for years tellign people ACA would drop costs and make them more affordable while insuring every american..

You somehow think everyone will forget what you said.

Last edited by pghquest; 10-19-2014 at 10:17 AM..

Old 10-19-2014, 10:47 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
If you like your Ebola..you can keep your Ebola.
Lol

I saw someone with a screen name of "Barack Obola" the other day.

This was his avatar.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
I don't blame the delay until after the election so that Republicans can't use something that goes up annually anyway.
I don't blame him either. Any politician would do the same.

Obama said premiums would go down, not that the rate of increase would slow. Most people will find that if their premiums go down, their deductible, co-pays, co-insurance will go up and their network will shrink.

I do think those who come up with phony reasons for the delay are excuse-makers for the prez.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:40 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Got my notice today, back to back 65%+ increases approved this time by the covered California people that are campaigning to save their jobs via the defeat of prop 45.

Bronze Level Plan with Cigna:

2013 $217/mo
2014 $282/mo
2015 $457/mo

Now in all fairness, I will shop around and if I find something reasonable, I will revisit this post.
2016 $754/mo ? Could be.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
But the ACA is why we don't have actual universal healthcare, it's something the powers that be offered up as a bait and switch to let people think they were going to get access and delivery of affordable healthcare and instead bleed them dry financially and take just a little more freedom away.

If you support UH you should be attacking the ACA, not defending it.
I do support UH, I just have no interest in discarding ACA to make Republicans happy. If Republicans and some Democrats actually cared about healthcare insurance, then they too would be pushing for UH.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
but.. but.. but.. Obama said the rates would go down? Oh, Obama lied about that too... surprise, surprise.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He pretty much admitted he's on a government plan here..

Its weird how those getting handouts love the plan, and those who have to pay for them, dont.
urban's on the dole? Well no damn wonder he defends Obama, he's a 47%er who got all tingly with his visions of free stuff when voting for Obama.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:42 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
urban's on the dole? Well no damn wonder he defends Obama, he's a 47%er who got all tingly with his visions of free stuff when voting for Obama.
Ah yes, the usual attack the messenger rather then debate the topic thats so common here.

Fine I have a 6 figure income, and I voted for Obama...in fact a very large portion of people at my income level did. 44% to be specific

Oh wait, is that a inconvenient truth for you?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, the usual attack the messenger rather then debate the topic thats so common here.

Fine I have a 6 figure income, and I voted for Obama...in fact a very large portion of people at my income level did. 44% to be specific

Oh wait, is that a inconvenient truth for you?
And they most likely wont again per recent polls...

At least some people arent dumb enough to support this nonsense.. Others I wonder how they manage to wakeup and get dressed without government telling them how..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies