Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
urban's on the dole? Well no damn wonder he defends Obama, he's a 47%er who got all tingly with his visions of free stuff when voting for Obama.
I am? Then where are all my free stuff?

Oh that's right, I work for a living and pay my own bills. Sorry to pop your bubble, but I fall into the category of middle class.

Oh and care to tell me who makes up that 47%? Right wingers never want to answer that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am? Then where are all my free stuff?

Oh that's right, I work for a living and pay my own bills. Sorry to pop your bubble, but I fall into the category of middle class.

Oh and care to tell me who makes up that 47%? Right wingers never want to answer that question.
That 47% is those who dont pay income taxes.. Asked and answered..

And most people know that.. why dont you?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That 47% is those who dont pay income taxes.. Asked and answered..

And most people know that.. why dont you?
Nice try kiddo, you dodged a question. Now who make up those that don't pay taxes in this country? Specifically.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Nice try kiddo, you dodged a question. Now who make up those that don't pay taxes in this country? Specifically.
The 47% refers to not paying federal income tax.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:03 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I just got my rate notice for my retiree plan offered through my former employer. It is up 3% from last year and the only reason that happened is because the money that Obamacare had been subsidizing retiree plans with is drying up. I wish it were going down, of course, but a 3% year to year increase in health premiums is the lowest I have seen in a long, long time and maybe ever. The medicare eligible people in our plan actually had a cut in premiums for medicare advantage programs. It certainly seems to me that Obamacare is delivering on the promise of holding down medical care costs.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Karl to Earnest: Why Do People Have To Wait Until After Election To See New Obamacare Premiums? | Video | RealClearPolitics

The president that promised to be the most transparent is once again proving to be the most opaque.

We'll tell you your premium increases after you vote...it had been October 1st in prior years, now for the election year it will be Nov. 15th.
Obama has not obeyed the law since congress passed it so this is now surprise

Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
So health insurance premiums are going up? So they are doing the same thing that use to happen with insurance before ACA...
But it was promised they would go down...remember that? Increases were one of the complaints from the masses before ACA even launched and again, promised lower premiums. The premiums did go up but ours never doubled until they passed that stupid bill. We are looking at a 22% increase next year and already pay $1,100 for our insurance. If this is the way the liberals "fix" inequalities...they simply suck at fixing things.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
But it was promised they would go down...remember that? Increases were one of the complaints from the masses before ACA even launched and again, promised lower premiums. The premiums did go up but ours never doubled until they passed that stupid bill. We are looking at a 22% increase next year and already pay $1,100 for our insurance. If this is the way the liberals "fix" inequalities...they simply suck at fixing things.
They did not believe the promises they just used his promises to fool the people

Old 10-21-2014, 09:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Karl to Earnest: Why Do People Have To Wait Until After Election To See New Obamacare Premiums? | Video | RealClearPolitics

The president that promised to be the most transparent is once again proving to be the most opaque.

We'll tell you your premium increases after you vote...it had been October 1st in prior years, now for the election year it will be Nov. 15th.
You can bet your ass if the new rates would make people applaud Obama and the dems for passing the ACA, the rates would have been released before the elections.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The 47% refers to not paying federal income tax.
And who makes up the people not paying federal income tax? I see you guys love to use this number, but never want to mention who make up that number. Maybe because you don't want to admit that number makes up seniors, military, students, and handicap. When you take those four groups out of the 47%, the percentage no longer sounds good for right wingers to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies