Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 12:41 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Does anybody know where Duncan was buried or burned? When who, where , how...what?
He was cremated and his ashes given to his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
No, but why is his fiance here in America looking for an apartment?

My questions is does anyone know of the government/CDC getting a patent on ebola that happened in 2010 on Obamas watch?

Something very fishy.
I suspect she does not want to live in her old apartment. Wouldn't you want to move someplace where perhaps the media would not be watching your every move?

The patent was for development of genetic sequences to be used in research on vaccines and anti-viral medications. Nothing sinister about it.

Vaccines:

Ebola Vaccine Could Start Testing In Africa By January : Shots - Health News : NPR

"The World Health Organization says that efforts are on track to distribute an experimental Ebola vaccine in West Africa in January.

Two potential vaccines are now being tested for safety in people, and Russia is developing another one. While quantities will be limited, scientists say even a relatively small supply of vaccine can help bring the epidemic under control."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 03:42 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Just saw that, more good news is certainly welcome.

NBC News Freelancer Ashoka Mukpo Declared Free of Ebola - NBC News

"Ashoka Mukpo, the cameraman diagnosed with Ebola while working in Liberia as a freelancer for NBC News, has been declared free of the virus and will be allowed to leave a biocontainment unit at the Nebraska Medical Center on Wednesday, the hospital said Tuesday.
A blood test confirmed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that Mukpo, 33 — one of eight Americans to have been diagnosed with Ebola — no longer has the virus in his bloodstream, the hospital said. It said he's free to head home to Rhode Island. "Recovering from Ebola is a truly humbling feeling," the hospital quoted Mukpo as saying. "Too many are not as fortunate and lucky as I've been. I'm very happy to be alive."
Good news, maybe some of this hysteria will subside, although I won't hold my breath.

Kids pulled out of class over concerns about principal's trip to Zambia | Local News - Home

No wonder Mississippi ranks at the bottom in education.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
An opinion on latest travel announcement:

Why the New Ebola Airport Screenings Won't Work

Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Saw this quote on Facebook today: "More Americans have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola."

Old 10-22-2014, 06:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fascinating look at the current outbreak, from Richard Preston, author of The Hot Zone

Inside the Ebola Wars

Dr. Humarr Khan, as related by his sister,

“I told him not to go in there, but he said, ‘If I refuse to treat them, who would treat me?’ ”

He died in Sierra Leone, on July 29 of this year, of Ebola. He was 39 years old.
I started this last night and finished this morning.

This is a comprehensive, balanced summary of Ebola/ Africa in laymans terms Thank you for posting the link.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
No, but why is his fiance here in America looking for an apartment?

My questions is does anyone know of the government/CDC getting a patent on ebola that happened in 2010 on Obamas watch?

Something very fishy.
Reportedly,

His fiancé and her and Duncan's son immigrated to the U.S. 16 years ago. She is a naturalized citizen.

There have been 3 Ebola outbreaks in the US, 1989 and 1990 in Reston, Va and 1990 in Alice, Tx. It was limited to imported monkeys in quarantine. That strain of Ebola infected humans but was not lethal.

I have not come across anything about Ebola and fish.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
A man from west Africa fail the ebola screening at Newark airport and is now in isolation.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
With all the funds being dumped on this crisis, perhaps when it settles down and we contain it.....we could build them water treatment plants, train them to work there and bring clean running water to the huts? I can't help but ponder what good all the Peace Corp programs and all the other funding did for Africa besides showing them how to grow a tomato plant.
There's a humanitarian angle and then there's all those multinationals operating in West Africa.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
That's a good point. Nurses take their marching orders on the job from someone else.

But the one nurse who flew after treating duncan and knowing her coworker got ebola...well, I think it's fair to say to that nurse "what in the world were you thinking?".
We don't know she knew about nurse 1 when she boarded and flew from Dallas to Cleveland
None of us have walked a step in her shoes.
Denial is a powerful instinct.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:21 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Rwanda is now requiring that all visitors from the US must be screened for Ebola before being allowed into the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies