Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Don't know why she complained about her accommodations here, I'm sure they were much nicer than where she just came from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
And...? Many of us have interactions and education with a variety of Federal Agencies. Next we will here that she's a spook.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
she was wearing equipment to prevent exposure. A big to you.
So was Brantly et al.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:40 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What if the media packed up and went home?
If there was no media she would have shut her trap and taken the 21 day paid vacation

Old 10-30-2014, 06:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Put soldiers every 10 feet along the southern border. Guess what? Its sealed.
oh yeah, there is a great idea, and how much do you want your taxes to go up? it would be nice to put soldiers every ten feet, but that will cost a ton of money to accomplish, and it STILL would NOT seal the border. 500 people crossing the border at one location would overwhelm the few people you suggest having on the border.

Quote:
And he won't be able to board any flight to the US if his visa is cancelled. DHS gets the PNR (passenger name request) 24 hours prior to any plane departing for the US. Anyone on there without a visa is not boarded.

Same thing with ships crew manifests. Anyone from that country on a ship bound for the US is ordered to remain onboard. The US does it all the time.
really? are you serious? ever hear of fake IDs? identity theft? some person from liberia could easily cross over into a country like nigeria, obtain a fake ID stolen from some one here because the were too stupid to delete a scam email, and then fly into the US and come right through our "security" as a citizen.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And...? Many of us have interactions and education with a variety of Federal Agencies. Next we will here that she's a spook.
The CDC has its agenda (as all federal agencies do), which is not hard to figure out. She is being paid to have a stance. On another note, lest anyone get too impressed with her test results, medical journals go into false-negatives in testing for hemorrhagic virus. Even so, the odds favor her not harboring ebola. But that is not the point.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Default This sums her up pretty well....

Kaci Hickox: Arrogant, selfish and enjoying her 15 minutes of fame

Old 10-30-2014, 06:17 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Life's not fair. Get used to it.

Healthcare do-gooders who insist on going should show their commitment by staying there until the outbreak is over. If they want to take care of "very sick people" here's their chance to prove it.

Heroes! No way! Damn fools? Definitely!
The real heroes are those criticizing others that are making a difference and save lives from their laptops

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I often feel that I have seen it all. As usual, I am mistaken in that belief.

It is clear that if President Obama had called for a mandatory 21-day quarantine of healthcare workers returning from the 'hot zone', many herein whom wish to be known as 'conservative' would have raised an outcry, including calls of 'dictatorship' and 'our Constitutional Rights'.

However, President Obama has taken a 'long view' of the crises in western Africa. He has stated, time after time, that the 'battle against Ebola' must be taken to the source, in order to prevent true outbreaks, including the USA, from a true epidemic crises. Hence, in order to not discourage healthcare workers from going to the hot zone, he is against automatic quarantine.

Posters like DC have repeatedly pointed out that this virus is not 'easily' caught. The family of the late Mr. Duncan makes that abundantly clear. They were around him when he was obviously 'symptomatic', yet they did not contract Ebola, nor did those at that Dallas hospital sitting with him in the waiting room. The two nurses did, but they fully recovered.

Yet, we have posters herein who, because President Obama has taken a particular position, argue that he, as well as those CDC workers and WHO authorities, are 'liars', and that we are at great risk of contracting Ebola.

I have also submitted my thoughts, including that Ebola is not near as deadly here, as it is in the third-world African nations, due to our superior medical care, superior immune system, and access to clean water.

To no avail. We continue to have sheeple herein repeat the lies put out by those against Obama on principle. That Republican governor of Maine, up for re-election, is one of those at fault. I also view with sadness those Democratic governors (with a view towards the presidency, like Governor Coamo) of 'stirring the pot' for pure political purposes. This shame is not restricted to any one political party, although I feel the Republicans are ahead of the Democrats in this regard (since mid-term elections are coming up; "Obama is for Ebola!").

I have an excellent memory. I see posters herein decrying Obama for not quarantining people, that had heretofore been adamant about the 'power' of government being a disease itself, and of the need to never, never, allowing the 'government' the power to simply restrict a person's freedom. Yet, they now claim 'we are a-scared, and want government to imprison people cause we are a-scared', all the while claiming that the CDC is 'lying' about Ebola, or that information is being held back, without an ounce of proof ("if a person with Ebola coughs, and spittle hits you, that means it's airborne!").

It is nonsense.

It is illogical.

It is "CD conservative".

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK so outside your house theirs a hornets nest. Your solution-seal up the house and ignore it. Mine is-go out there and eliminate it. Now do I think we should protect ourselves? Sure! But lets do it in a logical methodology. Deal with people that are sick-those are the only people contagious.

Let me be clear, not only is it a good moral argument, its actually a good non-moral selfish argument. Helping these people solve the problem in their countries reduces our problems, and makes us their friends. win-win.

If they were doing it in some rational manner sure. Instead they've tried to quarantine someone who truly appears to not be ill. Course this lady should just self quarantine herself, and not go for rides just to avoid people freaking out, but she isn't symptomatic, and thus-no reason to quarantine.

fine line I suppose. But one based on science and reality, not fear. Way too many folks here live in fear.
Fair enough, but you also don't bring that hornets nest into your home to study the hornets, nor do you leave the window open next to the nest and allow a few stray hornets to enter.

Last edited by tinman01; 10-30-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies