Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 06:07 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,512,196 times

Advertisements

It's very clear that Obama wants Ebola to spread in the US.

The question is: why?

What is his plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 06:22 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,962,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's very clear that Obama wants Ebola to spread in the US.

The question is: why?

What is his plan?
I suspect it is a personnel vendetta against you. I would not open any envelopes sent to you with the White House as the return address.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:01 AM

20,831 posts, read 17,015,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
i suspect it is a personnel vendetta against you. I would not open any envelopes sent to you with the white house as the return address.
lmao

Old 11-02-2014, 07:07 AM

1,013 posts, read 906,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yeah, I saw that, too.

Posters here have already suggested having health care workers quarantine in country before returning, but the logisitics of that would be difficult. Where would people go? Who would monitor them?
*points to military*
(we have been screaming about)

let us just all agree Obama is a hypocrite
and be done with it-stop falling for their marketing and think for yourselves.

now as for the politics both parties are bad but in this case Obama has been lying too much
to make himself look better

CDC-Kaci Hickox I really wonder if she is not working there right now.
by all accounts according to her linkedin and other social media it seems she has been there until recent months.
before going to Africa anyway so there is no reason to not think she is still working for her employer CDC until proven otherwise.
we need her other social media profiles investigated to clear this up and them deleting everything didn't help one bit in fact it made it even more suspicious.

more likely Kaci is doing this because of CDC perhaps even to help spread fear and anxiety instead of calming things down.
No healthcare worker in their right mind would act like KACI.

also news has it
http://news.sl/drwebsite/publish/art...00526541.shtml

1000 man strike in sierra Leone for corrupt government not paying salaries.
As expected those countries governments should be destroyed instead.

but because they bribe others to not attack them and we can exploit them the governments there will be staying in power.
no amount of money donation will help them then.

they are not even paying their own medical workers now for a month recently.
That is shameful.

perhaps we should hire them and snub all aid to those governments first
and divert the foreign aid to helping with training these workers.

I would think to focus on one disease the training could be done in less than 1 month.
for internship procedures.

then after 2 months they can graduate to become experts at dealing with ebola.

if donating only donate medical eq, food, water, etc.
DO NOT let the government OWN ANY OF THIS.

boots on the ground to guard volunteers against looting by the government and gangs.
it will be passed out by the volunteers.
non of their gov officials from w Africa should participate.

there are also up to 5000 recovered since 10000 are infected and 5000 dead. survival rate is around 50-90%.
so find these few thousand survivors and have them help

Last edited by gen811; 11-02-2014 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-02-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I suspect it is a personnel vendetta against you. I would not open any envelopes sent to you with the White House as the return address.
Bots are very sensitive about certain subjects.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,959,201 times
Quote:
They sent me one. I marked it "Return to Sender".

I'll bet by Monday we'll hear someone at the WH opened that envelope.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 AM

20,831 posts, read 17,015,172 times
This issue has been a very good learning experience about fear. The Washington Post two days ago pulished an editorial about Kaci's predicament. In it was a video entitled "Ebola Nurse goes for a bike ride". Others, not so polite have pilloried her name her work and her choices. There has been no end of road sign to the hatred of some people encouraging the Boards to revoke her license. The reason I think it's a good thing to objectively look at this is....imagine if something like Ebola actually became airborne....

Would we beat our neighbors for food and water, would be categorically lock our doors and stand behind them watching CNN with weapons ready? I think that our ability to think clearly through these crisis small, large and petite as this one is (one woman in Maine) is going to prove very important in days to come.

We are not immune. We share a planet with bacteria and virus. We MUST take our health seriously and protect ourselves, yet, I really wonder what people would do if some thing really hits the fan.

For each one of us here there are millions who don't even have an opinion. They would just act. It's something to consider. How we balance emotion, fear and rational decision making in a fearful event. It has been instructive to me trying to understand while listening just how very personal this gets towards a woman who happened to be the case example. Honestly they are lucky she was a professional nurse. Most men I know would have walked through the quarantine in New Jersey rented a car and gone home. WHO among the TSA cops would have gotten close enough to put hands on the person to stop them, taser them or shoot them? No one would have wanted to risk it, not with Ebola. Can you imagine though if someone did act that way? We owe her a debt of gratitude for remaining calm and challenging the rules as they should be in court.

It's probably day 11 for her and I wish her continued good health. Seriously.

Be Well.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:08 AM

At some point in the near future, only the US will not have a travel ban or quarantine procedures in place to deal with Ebola travelers.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:18 AM

39,003 posts, read 51,001,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This issue has been a very good learning experience about fear. The Washington Post two days ago pulished an editorial about Kaci's predicament. In it was a video entitled "Ebola Nurse goes for a bike ride". Others, not so polite have pilloried her name her work and her choices. There has been no end of road sign to the hatred of some people encouraging the Boards to revoke her license. The reason I think it's a good thing to objectively look at this is....imagine if something like Ebola actually became airborne....

Would we beat our neighbors for food and water, would be categorically lock our doors and stand behind them watching CNN with weapons ready? I think that our ability to think clearly through these crisis small, large and petite as this one is (one woman in Maine) is going to prove very important in days to come.

We are not immune. We share a planet with bacteria and virus. We MUST take our health seriously and protect ourselves, yet, I really wonder what people would do if some thing really hits the fan.

For each one of us here there are millions who don't even have an opinion. They would just act. It's something to consider. How we balance emotion, fear and rational decision making in a fearful event. It has been instructive to me trying to understand while listening just how very personal this gets towards a woman who happened to be the case example. Honestly they are lucky she was a professional nurse. Most men I know would have walked through the quarantine in New Jersey rented a car and gone home. WHO among the TSA cops would have gotten close enough to put hands on the person to stop them, taser them or shoot them? No one would have wanted to risk it, not with Ebola. Can you imagine though if someone did act that way? We owe her a debt of gratitude for remaining calm and challenging the rules as they should be in court.

It's probably day 11 for her and I wish her continued good health. Seriously.

Be Well.
I agree with you and would add that the distrust toward and even outright contempt for science in a significant fraction of the US population is a very disturbing trend that added fuel to the fire here. Many people find more credence in pundits and politicians than in learned people who have devoted years of their lives and amassed a great deal of knowledge about this and other issues facing humanity.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I agree with you and would add that the distrust toward and even outright contempt for science in a significant fraction of the US population is a very disturbing trend that added fuel to the fire here. Many people find more credence in pundits and politicians than in learned people who have devoted years of their lives and amassed a great deal of knowledge about this and other issues facing humanity.
That's some serious projection disorder you have there.

You have been expounding non-science based medical opinions for weeks now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies