Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 04:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Forgive me for I am but a worm (rats, City Data does not allow an emoticon denoting worship)

I read it and hear it on sources I consider reliable. Obviously, one's mileage may vary
You are gullible, and don't bother to get to the bottom of issues.

This was published when price was over $90, and the crackers were already worried.

Fracking Firms Get Tested by Oil

"Weakening oil prices could put a crimp in the U.S. energy boom. At $90 a barrel and below, many hydraulic-fracturing projects start to become uneconomic, according to a recent report by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. While fracking costs run the gamut, producers often break even around $80 to $85.

“There could be an immense amount of pain,” said energy economist Phil Verleger. “As prices fall, you will see companies slow down dramatically.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 04:23 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The whole point is that the price of oil is dropping, not climbing.
Sure, but why?

Because of the success of the frackers in the Bakkan, all on private property, where the Obama Administration could not interfere. Yay free market. Ha ha Obama and the anti oil crowd.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I am not a democrat, and what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Your comment is a complete deflection.
It has everything to do with your comment, despite your claims. if you want to pretend private property and public property is the same thing, so be it, but most of us out here in the real world recognize the difference and dont embarass ourself non stop on forums pretending otherwise.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
The whole point is that the price of oil is dropping, not climbing.
Yes, its dropping due to an increased supply on PRIVATE property.. Note that previous posting of yours where you dont understand the difference between public and private.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You are gullible, and don't bother to get to the bottom of issues.

This was published when price was over $90, and the crackers were already worried.

Fracking Firms Get Tested by Oil

"Weakening oil prices could put a crimp in the U.S. energy boom. At $90 a barrel and below, many hydraulic-fracturing projects start to become uneconomic, according to a recent report by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. While fracking costs run the gamut, producers often break even around $80 to $85.

“There could be an immense amount of pain,” said energy economist Phil Verleger. “As prices fall, you will see companies slow down dramatically.”
So now we are concerned about big oil companies not making enough profit?

When did this flip flop occur? Ooh I know, right when the left wing kooks had to flip flop from high gasoline prices were good under obama, but bad under Bush..

Old 11-02-2014, 05:01 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, they are always wrong..

Oil prices are plummeting.*Here's why that's a big deal. - Vox

This is a prime example as to what happens when you allow capitalism rather than the government fixing issues which affect us all.
Democrats are always wrong. This is just another example. Isn't it funny that libs were CERTAIN that the laws of supply and demand were somehow suspended with regard to oil?

Libs have been wrong about-

1. high taxes
2. NAFTA and China trade status (gifts of Clinton)
3. Elimination of "red lining" and the fair housing act
4. Elimination of Glass- Stegal
5. EPA regulations which stifle business
6. Elimination of immigration quotas in the 1960s which favored European immigration
7. Johnson and "The Great Society" which created the welfare state
8. Obamacare
9. Promotion of the drug culture and single parent families in the US
10. Political correctness to stifle discourse
11. Expansion of the powers of the trial lawyers association
12. Lack of enforcement of US immigration laws
13. The promotion of "cultural diversity", which has been corrosive to the economy and fabric of the US
14. Support of Islam while attacking the pillars of Christianity

That is just a short list. Libs are not stupid, they just are CERTAIN about things that are just not true. This is a type 1 logic error, in that one will arrive at an incorrect conclusion with poor data (or "facts").

Want to confuse a liberal? Ask them to practice their personal lives as they suggest others and the nation do.

1. Give half of your income to a neighbor who refuses to work
2. Support three Mexican illegal families moving in next door to you
3. Give $5,000 to someone who has completely polar opposite views as you
4. Allow a homeless person to move into your home
5. Voluntarily pay 50% income tax rates
6. Stop using a car, heating, air conditioning, and any plastics made from petroleum
7. Split your kid's "A" with another kid who has an "F" so that both can get "C"s.
8. Pass up a promotion and give it to a minority with less qualifications who did not deserve it
9. Have your kid pass on college so that an illegal immigrant can go in his place
10. Help local realators move Hispanic and Black families from an urban poor area into your neighborhood
to achieve diversity

If you think that the above ten "requests" are absurd, then perhaps there is hope for you.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
It has everything to do with your comment, despite your claims. if you want to pretend private property and public property is the same thing, so be it, but most of us out here in the real world recognize the difference and dont embarass ourself non stop on forums pretending otherwise.
I have not pretended anything, not have I said anything about what kind of land the drilling is taking place. Why should I? It is not a political issue to me, but obviously to you everything is about partisan politics. I simply stated the fact that we are having an oil boom despite of the claims that drilling is not allowed. It is not complicated.

Should I be like you and pretend the boom doesn't count unless all drilling takes place on federal land? Why? I'd have to be a complete partisan hack to agree with that view.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Yes, its dropping due to an increased supply on PRIVATE property..
Are you saying the price would not be dropping if the drilling took place on public lands Really....?

Oil is oil, it doesn't matter if it comes from private, or public lands, or if it comes from US or Canada.

Listen to yourselves. People can't help but insist on bringing partisan bs into every issue.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
So now we are concerned about big oil companies not making enough profit?

When did this flip flop occur? Ooh I know, right when the left wing kooks had to flip flop from high gasoline prices were good under obama, but bad under Bush..
I said absolutely nothing to even hint those views, just like I said noting about private vs public lands. You need to quit being a hack and putting words into my mouth. It is as good as lying, and you have a long history of doing that.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The international crude oil prices are determined by the Saudi Arabian production quotas. they are opened the supply in order to lower prices enough to discourage or prevent any more investments in alternate, non Saudi, oil development. They have controlled oil prices for nearly a century and have no intention of yielding that control to anyone or thing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies