Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 07:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hardly, those drillings on private land still have to be approved. And this boom has nothing to do with any president, neither do when prices go up. Presidents don't have control of the oil prices in this country.
Ridiculous!

Are you telling me that Obama and the cronies he's put in place at the EPA and other ABCs have no impact on drilling? Are you saying that if drilling permits are made nearly impossible to get, then it has no effect on prices?

Are you saying That private land drilling has to go through the EXACT SAME permitting and approval process?

(Reuters) - The White House likes to claim a share of the credit for the drilling revolution that has transformed North America's energy production and security.

Except the revolution has largely taken place on private rather than public land, and energy producers feel frustrated about the numerous obstacles and long delays in obtaining permission to drill in areas directly controlled by the administration.

COLUMN-Obama stalls drilling on federal lands: Kemp | Reuters

Go ahead, close your eyes and say it aint so!

I reiterate; If you turn left you loosen your screws!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Ridiculous!

Are you telling me that Obama and the cronies he's put in place at the EPA and other ABCs have no impact on drilling? Are you saying that if drilling permits are made nearly impossible to get, then it has no effect on prices?

Are you saying That private land drilling has to go through the EXACT SAME permitting and approval process?

(Reuters) - The White House likes to claim a share of the credit for the drilling revolution that has transformed North America's energy production and security.

Except the revolution has largely taken place on private rather than public land, and energy producers feel frustrated about the numerous obstacles and long delays in obtaining permission to drill in areas directly controlled by the administration.

COLUMN-Obama stalls drilling on federal lands: Kemp | Reuters

Go ahead, close your eyes and say it aint so!

I reiterate; If you turn left you loosen your screws!
No, I am saying the drilling we do in the US has little effect on the oil prices on the international market.

Also, no revolution has taken place. And no I am not saying private land drilling has to go through the "EXACT SAME" permitting and approval process. I am just saying they still have to go through a permitting and approval process that is probably not the "exact same" as they would have to do for federal land.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 PM

You can only make scrambled eggs with broken yolks, and this administration is completely scrambled at this point.

In 2008 Obama said you can put lipstick on a pig, but it'll still be a pig. He then proceeded to corner both the pork and lipstick markets.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I am saying the drilling we do in the US has little effect on the oil prices on the international market.

Also, no revolution has taken place. And no I am not saying private land drilling has to go through the "EXACT SAME" permitting and approval process. I am just saying they still have to go through a permitting and approval process that is probably not the "exact same" as they would have to do for federal land.
There you go... walking backwards again.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
There you go... walking backwards again.
No, I didn't walk backwards, I simply explained what I said because you thought I said the "exact same" which I did not. You are the only one who said "exact same."

Old 10-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
This thread makes no sense.

Drilling overall has been up since 2009 right ? so by the logic of this thread, prices should have been down the entire time.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This thread makes no sense.

Drilling overall has been up since 2009 right ? so by the logic of this thread, prices should have been down the entire time.
Bingo.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And they'll continue selling at low prices to America when prices on the international market rise?

And just who's been trying to stop drilling on private land?

Everything that is coming on-line today was permitted when Bush was still in office.

My land was leased for 8 years before they sunk a drill bit.
All the seismic testing and more permitting, had to wait for inspectors. Had to wait for environmental for the pad site.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everything that is coming on-line today was permitted when Bush was still in office.

All the seismic testing and more permitting, had to wait for inspectors. Had to wait for environmental for the pad site.
BINGO! That was sarcasm, right?

They do not understand! They are cheerleaders with a concept of how reality works through Google, and slanted toward their ideology.

I tried to reason and they drew political lines when it was an a-political discussion. Now they're patting each other on the back, as if they actually accomplished something noteworthy! Oh well!

Imagine a zombie repeating "Obama is perfect, Obama is god" ...and there ya go! Discussion, interaction, reasoning, lost!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

BTW, glad you ran the gauntlet!

We need more OIL!!!!

I have to wonder... what is it like to wake up every day, and the main momentum in a person's life is to defend the indefensible?

It must be a horrible existence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies