Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

This list reads more so like stereotypes than actual policies.

I have yet to meet a single person on either side of the aisle that was anti after school programs. Are you saying Republicans would do it better ? Because these arent Republican policies.

Same with Department of Ag loans for rural and black communities or SBA loans, community mentors and grant for minorities, these things already happen, are you saying Republicans would do them better ?

The GOP has said Many times that "More money isnt the solution". your own party is against #4.

your #1 is pure stereotyping. People dont have kids because they think welfare will pay for them, they do it because they dont use condom/birth control and dont believe in abortion.

Also, welfare roles break down as 38% white, 36% Black. Its just as much a black problem as it is white.

#5 is again stereotyping. yes the whole dont snitch thing does happen, but it isnt a majority.

#6, Black people do respect authority, they just fear them. and this bullet point was again, based on idiotic stereotyping. Go to youtube right now and google guy punches cop. How many of those white men who punched cops were shot in this videos.......0

Its not always about race though, sometimes its just the good old boys network. You dont shoot the guy you grew up with, but you have no idea what the black guy from across town is capable of so instead of trying to wrestle him to the ground, you shoot.
I can tell you have never lived in a Black community in the inner city, so you're oblivious to the issues that clearly exist in a lot of these Black neighborhoods. The fact that you believe that welfare is hurting both communities the same proves you are clearly out of touch with reality. You're probably one of those people who marches on the street when a Black person is killed by someone outside their race but is completely silent on Black-on-Black crime.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You vote for them, but they don't want you around them or their children. They don't want your kids to have a chance to go to good schools. If you're good with that kind of bigotry, fine.
Negative. Not interested in voting for Democrats or Republicans.

Further, what makes you think that elite of any background want their children attending school with non-elite of any background? You need to get some exposure.

Lastly, I am not here in this country for anyone to LIKE me. My family didn't come here for that. I don't care who doesn't like me or my children. While half of the Republican and Democratic peoples sit around with their dislike, we surpass them.

So why should I care? I want no part of their religion and only care for select parts of their culture in the first place. Not interested in mixing and mingling with them on any serious level.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 10-18-2014 at 03:48 AM..

Old 10-18-2014, 03:46 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Ok, I'll soften up the words for you. "The Democratic Party has brainwashed most Black Americans into thinking that they are helping them but in reality they haven't helped them since the 1960's". Is that nice enough for you?
Don't let the leftists get to you on wording.

They do it themselves.

Yes, the blacks are still on the plantation.

Instead of the Dimmies using them for "pickin cotton", they use em for their votes!

The more freebies given, the more likely it is that they'll stay on the Dimmies plantation.

That's why the Dimmies use the fear mongering tactics like: "The Republicans are gonna take away all your 'Free Stuff'.. Vote for us, we'll give you even more"!

Old 10-18-2014, 05:58 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
When Republicans and conservatives started a thread that claims republicans can do better.
They can. Republicans can get trapped Black kids out of their abysmal public schools and give them and their families a choice, which is something 2/3 of Black adults support:
Quote:
"Pro-voucher voters among racial minorities overwhelmingly support Barack Obama, but they are baffled by the Democratic nominee's opposition to vouchers. They also say they are frustrated that Democratic leaders appear to be more concerned about keeping the peace with teachers unions -- which adamantly oppose vouchers -- than about finding alternatives that could advance desperately needed education reforms for minority students.

...Public opinion polls also show solid support for school vouchers among minority parents. Sixty-five percent of adult African-Americans and 63 percent of adult Hispanics favor the use of vouchers, according to a national survey conducted earlier this year under the auspices of the journal Education Next and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University. In the survey, more than half of minority adults gave higher marks to their local police than their public schools.

"There is no doubt that on this issue, ...Obama has it wrong," Martin wrote."
Democrats for Education Reform

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/pepg/PDF/...hers_FINAL.pdf

And Democrats are on the wrong side of equalizing the Black/White income gap:
The Gap Between Blacks and Whites is Larger Under Obama than Bush or Any Other President | Black Blue Dog

But hey, yeah... they'll keep voting Democrat, even though nothing gets any better for African-Americans and Democrats deliberately keep Black children dumbed-down.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Also, welfare roles break down as 38% white, 36% Black. Its just as much a black problem as it is white.
No, it isn't.

White population: 62.6%
Black population: 13.2%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Blacks are 4.5 times more likely to be on welfare.

But hey, yeah... keep voting Democrat, even though nothing gets any better for African-Americans and Democrats deliberately keep Black children dumbed-down and therefore socioeconomically oppressed.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
No, it isn't.

White population: 62.6%
Black population: 13.2%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Blacks are 4.5 times more likely to be on welfare.

But hey, yeah... keep voting Democrat, even though nothing gets any better for African-Americans and Democrats deliberately keep Black children dumbed-down and therefore socioeconomically oppressed.
There are plenty Republican voters on welfare, just like Democrat. Lots of them.

It seems that the percentage of African-Americans on welfare has far more to do with opportunities fully opening up to them in the 1960s. Far less time to build wealth. Some of them are sitting on the system though. It's a shame. But what is the excuse of whites on welfare?

Why is it that in one generation of being in this country, my family and those in my circles have surpassed whites, who have been in this country for generations without racial opposition? Why are so many uneducated? Why do they represent such a large percentage of those on welfare?

Old 10-18-2014, 06:44 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Blacks should vote for the best candidate period... I've personally voted for Republicans at the local level before but I believe it is self-defeating to vote for a Republican at the national level. It's not in black folk's best interest to have a Republican majority in congress...
Wow, that's racist.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
There are plenty Republican voters on welfare, just like Democrat.
You've failed to comprehend that the percentage of Blacks on welfare is significantly out of proportion to their percentage of the population, as a whole. Blacks are 4.5 times more likely to be on welfare than are Whites. 4.5 times more likely, 450% more likely, however you want to put it.

Quote:
The amount of African-Americans on welfare has far more to do with opportunities fully opening up to them in the 1960s. Far less time to build wealth. Some of them are sitting on the system though. It's a shame. But what is the excuse of whites on welfare?

Why is it that in one generation of being in this country, my family and those in my circles have surpassed whites, who have been in this country for generations without racial opposition? Why are so many uneducated? Why are so many on welfare? Why do they represent such a large percentage of those on welfare?
Notice how your two paragraphs contradict each other? First you claim 50 years isn't enough time to build wealth, then you say your family did it in one generation.

That should pinpoint the problem for you.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:50 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
The attention paid to black voting habits puzzles me. Outside of some districts where they can flip an election one way or another they're not exactly changing the game anywhere else.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
You've failed to comprehend that the percentage of Blacks on welfare is significantly out of proportion to their percentage of the population, as a whole. Blacks are 4.5 times more likely to be on welfare than are Whites. 4.5 times more likely, 450% more likely, however you want to put it.

Notice how your two paragraphs contradict each other? First you claim 50 years isn't enough time to build wealth, then you say your family did it in one generation.

That should pinpoint the problem for you.
Stop running from the question. Again, WHY are so many whites on welfare?

Nowhere in my post did I state that 50 years was not enough time. My post noted a difference between 50 years and 100 or more. Thus, one major reason for the disparity.

So answer the questions. Why is it that in one generation of being in this country, my family and those in my circles have surpassed whites, who have been in this country for generations without racial opposition? Why are so many uneducated? Why are so many on welfare? Why do they represent such a large percentage of those on welfare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies